Huddersfield (A) 29th September - 3pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's obvious in this match Huddersfield will suddenly play like Titans.
We should still have too much for them though, I'm thinking 3 - 1.
Didn't watch the cup match, fell asleep right before kick off at 3 am, but sounds like 2nd half was good. So hopefully more of that and the Brighton performance.

Anyone on the 10 o clock train out of London to Manchester?
Could need being held up for a couple of minutes :kanehand:

Didn't watch the cup match, fell asleep right before kick off at 3 am, but sounds like 2nd half was good. So hopefully more of that and the Brighton performance.
To be fair, after the 1st half, it FELT like the game was gonna go on till 3am over here too!!

He has a pass and a decent cross on him when he has time. His time playing RB very early on showed that. He certainly has seemed to become the scapegoat in the team, i'm not saying he isn't a limited player, but its probably a hangover from the shit he got playing for England for essentially not being David Silva.

People moaning about him and Henderson not being creative enough, completely missing the point that its not really Diers role in the team and besides who else was there to have taken in their place? Wilshit??? Fucking lol!
He really is too limited for an attacking team. Other teams are happy to let him have the ball.

I think he also fancies himself as a CM.

Just been for a walk in the bracing air of the Pennines, which cleared the cobwebs, after a horrible drive up. Here's hoping the game is worth it :)
I hope you brought your boots?

...we may need to call on your services today, as the Att. mid. area is looking a little lightweight at the mo!
:eriksenserious::deledoubt:

Of course, that's a given...
as is the inevitability of the Arse going a goal up early on against Watford... and thereby leapfrogging us both momentarily...
Thing we can't do is panic if and when that happens during the game... however it makes us feel looking at the table!
We won't be going at them hammer and tongs, I don't think there will be loads of goals in our game... unlike at the Emirates, where 'school bully boys' ArseAnal will no doubt go at Watford the way Watford went at us in the League game... it is their new local derby remember!

We ground out an away win last weekend against a team in blue and white... we may have to do the same today!

What are you on about!
I’m so fed up with all this moaning about we didn’t buy any new players this summer when it’s this once we’re actually building a billion £ stadium. People seem to forget how much money that is involved and I’m proud of what the board have done in terms of running us as a financially viable club throughout the stages. If the squad looks sincerely fucked before Christmas I’ll bet Levy will provide us with a solution in the next window, but right now I trust his judgment that there wasn’t any available players out there for what he sees as a reasonable cost.
He took a bet, sometimes it’s not optimal but hey, get behind and fucking support the ones that are on the pitch.

Last edited:
Genuinely quite concerned that our two most creative players out out today. Will need son, Lamela and Lucas to step up.

Wednesday is a whole other beast!

With Christian out and possibly Dele as well I wonder who will slot into the number 10 spot. Head says Lamela but we will probably need him against Barca as well so he could do with starting on the bench.

Maybe we could operate a sort of modified striker partnership. Llorente as a target man with Kane right behind him in a number 10 spot. Fuck if I know

Lamela will 100% play today.

Though I wouldn't be against Kane and Llorente playing up top in some sort of 352 variant (Similar to how we lined up against Real Madrid at the Bernebau).

We have a squad. Time for Poch to finally use it.

Just want to double check, how many hours until kick off? Just that daylight saving starts tonight in New Zealand and really don't want to wake up with the first half already over.

Back
Top Bottom