Huddersfield (A) 29th September - 3pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier seems more keen to play as a CM than as a defender, and to be fair to him he broke into the national team as one. But his strengths obviously lie more as a defender and Pochettino has pointed this out as well.

A good compromise I guess is having him in the DM role and having him fall back into the backline but he has been doing that less this season.

But we don't need and out and out pure DM in about 95% of the games we play, especially one that's not very dynamic or mentally dextrous. It's a complete waste of a team place, slows everything down and he isn't even great defensively either because he can't press or turn quickly.

I know we are going to end up with Dier/Dembele trundling about but I'd like to see:

Trippier-----------DS-----------------JV---------------Rose

Winks-------------Wanyama--------------Dembele

Lamela-------------kane-------------Moura​

Don't remember the pen but he did do a lovely chip through to Dele.

He wasn't great but he was loads better than Big Vic, I'll give you that

I think you either play Dier just in front of a back three as a pivot of a diamond where he’s most effective or not at all
Certainly not on the right hand side of a midfield like against the Dippers

Oh yeah. Me and my brother-in-law didn't think it was a pen. Seemed to hit him mainly in his midriff. Luckily for Sizz actually, it was going well wide

:wanyama:

I thought it hit his arm and was goalbound
Mousa doesn’t do wide

But I was slightly biased

They are a great set of fans. Very noisy and I still remember them clapping Kane off last year. Class that.
Sorry Huddersfield fans, I just think we are going to win 3-0.

We need to be 2 ahead for me to feel comfortable in this or any match at present. We are just too vulnerable.p

But someone surely gets thumped by us soon or is that me hoping beyond expecting?

Moura now drifting back to mediocrity, Lamela to the fore and Kane rumbling. I see Alli as key.

Although, I would add, perhaps people who frequent the 'nudey thread' on here do use some tools to improve their experience while looking at it.

You've got one of those robot 'hands-free' wanking arms too?

Mine arrived a fortnight ago. Fucking awesome, but I've not left the house since.

I think you either play Dier just in front of a back three as a pivot of a diamond where he’s most effective or not at all
Certainly not on the right hand side of a midfield like against the Dippers

We can say the same for Trippier. He seems to be most effective with a back three where he can be further up the pitch and supply crosses. He becomes nonexistent when he’s part of a back 4.

Back
Top Bottom