Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely. I wouldn't even have more than half a pint (but would just err on the side of not drinking at all).

As for the latter part - I'm sure his blood alcohol measurement will be made public sooner or later by the Met.

Just a picture of her and someone else (not Lloris) and talking about a night out. Nothing out of the ordinary, just odd given the news.

I've never driven after having more than one pint, and I've only driven after drinking at all maybe twice

Well good for you guys. The legal limit in the UK is 35/100. Unless the government make it none for the road there will continue to be a level of ambiguity and people will get caught out unintentionally. Does anyone know whether Hugo deliberately got behind the wheel knowing he was over the limit?

Its a poor show from Hugo, no denying, but blowing amber and being found slumped over the steering wheel with a bottle of vodka in your hand are different ends of a sliding scale. The press and rival fans will do their best to tear strips out of us for this, so i don't feel an overwhelming need to help them until i know more.

There's a pretty clear difference though. If you download a film, you're only hurting somebody's profit margins. If you take illegal drugs, you're putting yourself in danger - and in my opinion that should be you're perogative. If you drink-drive, you're putting other people in danger. It's not really comparable.

You need to do some research mate about the consequences of video piracy and the drug trade if you belive that no one gets hurt by it other than the end user.

Fuck's sake Hugo you dick.

Discussion over being slightly over the limit aside - I'm afraid it's different for these guys. You're in a situation where you are ludicrously well paid for what is largely a natural gift....what is it, 1 in 10million people get to play top flight football and earn £50-100m? Don't drink for the 10-15 years or so of your career. Just don't do it. Several decades to go full Ricky Hatton afterwards. You especially don't get in a car.

Serious lapse in judgement. Nothing like spitting in a child's face mind, but still. Undermines him as a leader. He'll regret this for a long time.

That's kinda not the point, though. I don't think a fine and a benching for one match is out of line. What if Lamela had done it? Or Rose? I don't think Lloris should get leeway because of who he is - if anything, him being captain makes it more of an onus to be smart about it.

I'm not saying he should, just that i wont be calling for Poch to drop him, strip him of his captaincy, fine him a years wages and publicly castrate him until i know what level of "drink driving" we are talking about.

Fuck's sake Hugo you dick.

Discussion over being slightly over the limit aside - I'm afraid it's different for these guys. You're in a situation where you are ludicrously well paid for what is largely a natural gift....what is it, 1 in 10million people get to play top flight football and earn £50-100m? Don't drink for the 10-15 years or so of your career. Just don't do it. Several decades to go full Ricky Hatton afterwards. You especially don't get in a car.

Serious lapse in judgement. Nothing like spitting in a child's face mind, but still. Undermines him as a leader. He'll regret this for a long time.
I'd much rather he'd spat in a child's face. Unpleasant, but not very likely to do much lasting damage to the kid, and certainly isn't going to maim or kill them.

I genuinely think that Hugo has the particular risk taking gene, as evidenced by that needless error in the cup final. Must be a bit boring sometimes being a keeper - especially behind our steady defence. Not condoning anything, but goalkeepers are often mad like that, a bit like drummers.

Do we actually think he will be dropped though? Poch said in his presser today that wanyama and foyth are the only players that aren't available. Stripped of his captaincy for a bit maybe but, please please dont drop Hugo for this massive game, I still blame vorm for the Semi-Final last year.

Back
Top Bottom