Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't be pathetic. Drink-driving kills people. He hasn't been fined 'all his money.'

Look, he's our captain and a spurs player. This fact doesn't mean i'm going to suddenly become a hipocrit on drink-driving. If he was just over the limit, mistake, slap on the wrist, move on. The state he was in, i think he should expect a bit more than that.
Drink driving does kill people. But it didn't this time.

You can't punish someone for what may have happened.

He's been sentenced and punished by the courts.

Why is that not enough to some of you? It's literally why courts exist.

How much punishment is enough punishment? Where does the punishment stop? Where the law allows or where you personally feel.

Personal feelings mean fuck all. Most people have had shitty experiences or know of people who've had shitty experiences of drink drivers. Doesn't make your opinion on the matter any more valid. In fact, it arguably makes you less capable of seeing the wood for the trees and being objective.

Hugo Lloris has been punished by the courts, by the club and is facing the scorn of the public through the papers.

Are you not entertained?

Fined and banned by the court and fined 2 weeks wages(300000) by the club which is the maximum. That is punishment. What about France? Will they strip him of the Captaincy? I doubt it, But if it had been Kane I think he would be stripped of the England captaincy. Why should, because he is Captain that he should receive a greater penalty than the other players? He should retain the Captaincy. Back Poch's decision.

I can understand why the club didn't take the captaincy away up until now, but after the verdict I think they really aught to do it now. Someone who does this just isn't captain material. I could see it going to Kane.

He's been sentenced and punished by the courts.

Why is that not enough to some of you? It's literally why courts exist.

How much punishment is enough punishment? Where does the punishment stop? Where the law allows or where you personally feel.

Personal feelings mean fuck all. Most people have had shitty experiences or know of people who've had shitty experiences of drink drivers. Doesn't make your opinion on the matter any more valid. In fact, it arguably makes you less capable of seeing the wood for the trees and being objective.

Hugo Lloris has been punished by the courts, by the club and is facing the scorn of the public through the papers.

Are you not entertained?
No one's claimed he should be facing 5 years hard labour in Siberia, mate. Though you'd think so given the rush to defend him. Of course you say that he's facing the scorn of the public as part of his punishment - then blast the scornful public for scorning him.

What he's done, days before the United match no less, is not the act of a captain. And if it were Rose you'd be foaming at the mouth to ship him off to Northern Monkeys FC to ruin his career. Or would you, now that he's put in some decent shifts as of late?

The Court has dealt with it
Fine and ban
We’ve dealt with it
Fine
He’s apologised
Poch has accepted the apology and if he believes that Hugo should retain the captaincy then we should accept it and move on and put all of our energies into Saturday’s game

The whole "captain" thing is irrelevent anyway. Hugo is captain because he's the player who the rest of the team are happiest having as their intermediary with Pochettino and/or higher up. The old days of blood-and-guts captains is gone, the last high-profile one was John Terry.

Xavi explained how it worked at FCB 6 or 7 years ago, the "captain role" changed throughout a game, sometimes there might be more than one. It was purely a case of who felt "moved by the spirit" as it were to take on the role at any given point.

The fact that Hugo has a symbolic armband doesn't stop Harry geeing up the troops. For England, Harry having it doesn't stop Henderson say geeing up the defence or midfield if he feels they need it

Of course you say that he's facing the scorn of the public as part of his punishment - then blast the scornful public for scorning him.
What do you think this is?

Though you'd think so given the rush to defend him.
I know, right?

What cunts Spurs fans are to defend their captain who has made his first mistake after representing the club and himself impeccably. A player which until now has only garnered respect from everyone in football.

What wankers.

He should die a thousand deaths.

What he's done, days before the United match no less, is not the act of a captain.

Do go on...tell me about how a sports captain should be whiter than white, infallible, or God himself.

I mean Steven Gerrard, a pretty good captain was infallible. Roy Keane too. What about Ray Lewis?

Go on, outline your expectations of a sporting captain and we'll see just how many live up to it.

They aren't human after all. But cyborgs who should be at their very best every moment they are captain. And if they do falter, oh boy, Memphis will be there on his mighty high horse to squash them when they are at their lowest.

P.s. If you wanna argue about Danny Rose at me in the Danny Rose thread. I'm not in here to discuss him.

Again, your Siberia comment is just sensationalist bollocks. What people are saying is that being sentenced by the law of the land, getting a maximum fine and being publicly shamed is not enough.

OK then mate, what is enough? Stripping of the captaincy? Is that where the line stops? That's where you feel the weight of the situation may hit Hugo? Or do you not think he feels that already?

The whole "captain" thing is irrelevent anyway. Hugo is captain because he's the player who the rest of the team are happiest having as their intermediary with Pochettino and/or higher up. The old days of blood-and-guts captains is gone, the last high-profile one was John Terry.

Xavi explained how it worked at FCB 6 or 7 years ago, the "captain role" changed throughout a game, sometimes there might be more than one. It was purely a case of who felt "moved by the spirit" as it were to take on the role at any given point.

The fact that Hugo has a symbolic armband doesn't stop Harry geeing up the troops. For England, Harry having it doesn't stop Henderson say geeing up the defence or midfield if he feels they need it
I don't think anyone believes his position as captain gives him an authority over the squad to dictate actions in the field with or anything. Your confirmation that in the modern game it's an almost entirely ceremonial title actually undermines the point of allowing Hugo to retain it. If being captain actually means fuck all (it does, in fact, mean precisely fuck all), then why have a dumb cunt that goes and gets smashed up tooling around in his Porsche at 3am days before a huge away match? What's the upside of bestowing a pointless honour on that sort of prick when you could instead reward someone who's doing things the complete right way (Kane) and risk losing precisely nothing because, again, it's an entirely ceremonial position.

Sorry, Hugo doesnt deserve the captaincy.

That's literally why this law exists. Otherwise he's done no harm so just let him off. It's the potential that people get in trouble for, regardless of whether they did cause any damage to any person or property.
Sorry, I misspoke.What I mean is to those that say ''he could have killed someone''. Yes, he could have but you're not putting a potential manslaughter charge or similar on him.

What I don't get is those that use 20 minutes of madness to denigrate a guy that has behaved impeccably for 31 years.

This is the same guy who when his mother died at age 22 he refused bereavement leave and played for Nice in her honour.

Fuck any of you lot stepping on the guy anymore so than necessary.

He's been punished. Let that be eh?

God forbid any of you make a mistake. But then you've probably behaved even better than Hugo Lloris has his entire life.

I don't think anyone believes his position as captain gives him an authority over the squad to dictate actions in the field with or anything. Your confirmation that in the modern game it's an almost entirely ceremonial title actually undermines the point of allowing Hugo to retain it. If being captain actually means fuck all (it does, in fact, mean precisely fuck all), then why have a dumb cunt that goes and gets smashed up tooling around in his Porsche at 3am days before a huge away match? What's the upside of bestowing a pointless honour on that sort of prick when you could instead reward someone who's doing things the complete right way (Kane) and risk losing precisely nothing because, again, it's an entirely ceremonial position.

Sorry, Hugo doesnt deserve the captaincy.
''A dumb cunt''

''Prick''

Smh.

I hope for your sake you've never made an error in your life the way you're carrying on.

Just going round in circles here. There are those that believe that a captain should be held to higher standards and that Lloris' conviction should lead to him being stripped of his title, and on the other hand there are those that are completely wrong.

What do you think this is?

I know, right?

What cunts Spurs fans are to defend their captain who has made his first mistake after representing the club and himself impeccably. A player which until now has only garnered respect from everyone in football.

What wankers.

He should die a thousand deaths.

Do go on...tell me about how a sports captain should be whiter than white, infallible, or God himself.

I mean Steven Gerrard, a pretty good captain was infallible. Roy Keane too. What about Ray Lewis?

Go on, outline your expectations of a sporting captain and we'll see just how many live up to it.

They aren't human after all. But cyborgs who should be at their very best every moment they are captain. And if they do falter, oh boy, Memphis will be there on his mighty high horse to squash them when they are at their lowest.

P.s. If you wanna argue about Danny Rose at me in the Danny Rose thread. I'm not in here to discuss him.

Again, your Siberia comment is just sensationalist bollocks. What people are saying is that being sentenced by the law of the land, getting a maximum fine and being publicly shamed is not enough.

OK then mate, what is enough? Stripping of the captaincy? Is that where the line stops? That's where you feel the weight of the situation may hit Hugo? Or do you not think he feels that already?
Stripping him of the captaincy isn't a punitive issue - that's what you're not understanding. It's an honour that he has forfeited by acting like a complete cunt. It should be passed on to someone, like Kane, who doesn't act like a complete cunt. I couldn't care less if it hurts Hugo's feelings or not - the club captain should be someone admired and respected. Do you think he should be captain for life or something? Because he once earned the honour it can never be taken away?

Regarding the other players and their situations, I don't think any of them should have been as revered as they were as sportsmen. They were all good athletes, but also shite off the sporting field. Even the title "club captain" implies it's about more than what happens on the pitch, so don't start in with it being what happens on the pitch that matters.

Hugo doesn't deserve to be captain. He's a massive bellend. End of.

Disappointed to hear about the findings this morning.

A shame really and not something I'd expect from him.

Saying that, his punishment was a lot worse than Marcos Alonso got. So make of that what you will.

Back
Top Bottom