Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There should be no grey area. The level of tolerance is completely individual.

All drink driving should be outlawed. Not even a sip.

Do away with the whole "I should be ok, I've only had one" spiel.

Good idea but doesn't really work in practice. You can have small but measurable quantities of alcohol in your system without even drinking the stuff - from eating a bolognese or over-ripe fruit, to using mouthwash or taking certain medications. We should definitely have a much, much lower limit though such that you'd very likely be over it even with a half-pint.

Oh our resident judge and jury was there, they should know all the intimate details ha fucking ha.

Some on here need to get a fucking life.
Yep. It’s all done and dusted because he’s pleaded guilty to the offence and been sentenced by the court. He’s also been dealt with by the club for any breaches of club disciplinary policy, & for missing work because he was in a cell for his bad decision making the night before. Keep arguing about it ain’t going to change a fucking thing because the court and the club have decided the punishments. Like it, or lump it. And if people feel strongly enough about it to stop supporting the club, then I’m really lost for fucking words...

The only remaining issue would be if he needs any help with problem drinking, but again that’s between him & the club.

There should be no grey area. The level of tolerance is completely individual.

All drink driving should be outlawed. Not even a sip.

Do away with the whole "I should be ok, I've only had one" spiel.

Whilst admirable it's 100% impracticable ... these are just some of the more common items that can contain trace alcohol ...you'd be handing out 1,000's of bans a week ......

• Mouthwash
  • Honey buns
  • Hot sauces
  • Sugarless gums (alcohol is a sweetener)
  • Inhalers
  • Hand sanitizers
  • Antibacterial soap
  • Household cleaning products (bleach, dish washing soap, glue, laundry detergent, air fresheners)
  • Windshield wiper fluid
  • Energy drinks
  • Protein Bars
  • Vitamins
  • “Alcohol free” beer or wine
  • Foods cooked with or contained with alcohol
  • Hygiene products (deodorant sprays, after shave, perfume, body sprays, toothpaste, cosmetics, skin applicants, mouthwash, insect repellent)
  • Medicines (suppressants, decongestants, antihistamines, sleeping aids, etc.)
  • Ripe fruit
  • Fermented soda drinks
  • Chewing tobacco/dip (fruit flavors)
  • Over the counter/prescription drugs (consult pharmacist)
Maybe reduce the limit to 50mg in line with most European Countries (UK currently 80mg except Scotland which is 50mg) - FYI US is 80mg but can vary by state ...

Whilst admirable it's 100% impracticable ... these are just some of the more common items that can contain trace alcohol ...you'd be handing out 1,000's of bans a week ......

• Mouthwash
  • Honey buns
  • Hot sauces
  • Sugarless gums (alcohol is a sweetener)
  • Inhalers
  • Hand sanitizers
  • Antibacterial soap
  • Household cleaning products (bleach, dish washing soap, glue, laundry detergent, air fresheners)
  • Windshield wiper fluid
  • Energy drinks
  • Protein Bars
  • Vitamins
  • “Alcohol free” beer or wine
  • Foods cooked with or contained with alcohol
  • Hygiene products (deodorant sprays, after shave, perfume, body sprays, toothpaste, cosmetics, skin applicants, mouthwash, insect repellent)
  • Medicines (suppressants, decongestants, antihistamines, sleeping aids, etc.)
  • Ripe fruit
  • Fermented soda drinks
  • Chewing tobacco/dip (fruit flavors)
  • Over the counter/prescription drugs (consult pharmacist)
Maybe reduce the limit to 50mg in line with most European Countries (UK currently 80mg except Scotland which is 50mg) - FYI US is 80mg but can vary by state ...

UK limit is 35 micro grams for a breath test - 80mg is for blood which is only used as an alternative should the breath test not be possible. Reducing the limit to zero or close would swamp the court system and the knock on effect would create an impossible situation in dealing with more serious crime. Whatever the limit you will never stop people drink driving sadly - its people who are stupid not the system.
In my view though Hugo has taken his punishment (including the embarrassment) through the court and surely that has to be an end to it (unless he does it again of course). Lets get this right, he drove after drinking - he didn't kill or injure anyone, didn't assault anyone, no criminal damage, no rape, no affray, no burglary or theft, no fraud. I'm not saying its right - of course it isn't - but he's been punished by his employer as well in the only way really that they can. If he relied on driving for his work he would have been sacked - but he doesn't. He relies on being able to play football at the top level and one drink-drive offence doesn't hamper that ability so why drop him or strip him of the captaincy? Hugo seems a decent human being so lets just let him get on with being one in the best way possible - by helping us to trophy success this season.

Haven't watched a match since before United. Won't watch this match. You seen me commenting in match threads? Didn't think so.

I'll continue not watching until the end of the month, as I said I believe Hugo should've been suspended for his actions. If you've got a problem with that, please go tell someone else as I give less than 1 fuck about your opinions, champ.

You not watching until the end of the month in protest is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on here

Pathetic mate and I don’t believe you’re Spurs

lol at MemphisWill MemphisWill 's one man boycott.

Four and a half thousand miles away - marching round his front room on his own at six in the morning with a hand painted "HUGO - GET OUT MY CLUB" sign over his shoulder.

It's commendable mate, but i don't see what you hope to achieve by it?

I also didn’t attend a match since before Man United.

Mainly because I couldn’t get tickets and then was on holiday for the two games, and then international breaks

I hope Levy isn’t worried that I am boycotting!!

I'm not saying drunk driving is ok but damn.. there are some really sensitive people on this forum.
Its an very emotive matter to talk about, a lot of people would have been impacted on by people they have known and loved who have been either killed or maimed by drunk drivers.

lol at MemphisWill MemphisWill 's one man boycott.

Four and a half thousand miles away - marching round his front room on his own at six in the morning with a hand painted "HUGO - GET OUT MY CLUB" sign over his shoulder.

It's commendable mate, but i don't see what you hope to achieve by it?
I’m a live and let live kind of bloke so each to their own. But it’s all a bit pointless imo seeing as Hugo & THFC won’t really be too concerned whether Will from Memphis tunes in or not.
It seems a bit, well odd, to punish yourself for something Hugo has done just because you don’t think he’s been punished strongly enough by the Court & his employer. But different strokes and all that.

Its an very emotive matter to talk about, a lot of people would have been impacted on by people they have known and loved who have been either killed or maimed by drunk drivers.
My sister in law was killed last November in a car crash with a guy who had been drinking but wasn’t legally over the limit. So until it’s zero tolerance, there will always be room for doubt.
Hugo fucked up. But you cannot tar every person who makes this mistake with the same level of seriousness. The consequences of Hugo’s driving was he was doing 15mph, went through a red light & someone blew chunks in his nice new Porsche.
The consequences for my brother & his kids are that some bloke ran his wife/their mum off the road into a ditch & he wasn’t even over the limit.

I really do think the law is massively too lenient on this issue. Drink driving risks lives which in my opinion makes it far too serious to normally be dealt with just by a fine/ban, especially when it's a) clearly not an accident and b) someone for whom money isn't a problem. A couple hundred hours of community service would have a much larger impact on his life and would be entirely fair as a deterrent without being draconian.
Same for speeding? It does kill more than drink driving.

The club confirmed he's been fined 250,000 .... so five times the court fine .... that's hardly 'doing nothing' and anyway it's the maximum allowed by the PFA ...

It's done now let's please move on ......

Back
Top Bottom