Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moronic post.

He's the best keeper in the world that we're able to get and keep.

Names of others? And how much would they cost? Which we can't spend where we need it a fuck more?

btw he's been getting a lot better with ball out of hand recently.
He is if you watch EPL only.

He's not good fit for our style. That's all.

We get nervous every fucking time when he gets the ball.

Not saying the club Will buy new keeper, but they should.

Don't compare him with Allison. Only us, Spurs fans, would say Lloris is better.

He sums up the whole club.

Levy, Poch, the players all of whom have done brilliantly by us but are making mistakes which they are working on i'm sure.

Glad to read he got a great reception after the game as now is the time to support the club and get behind them.

He’s being asked to do something he’s obviously not capable of doing - play out from the back with short snappy passes. These errors are on the manager as everyone knows and has known for years that Hugo is shit with his feet.

If we really want to play this way, we need a new keeper. I’d suggest we abandon the idea and let Hugo put the laces through it when he needs to.

Other than his lack of dribbling skill, he’s an exceptional keeper and we couldn’t sign anyone better presently.

Made enough good saves to make up for yet another footwork error that caused a goal, but again, this possession game/keep the ball at all costs even if we do a lot of risky things shit is all down to the manager.

Edit: although I'd hoped he might have wised up a bit after making a complete tit of himself in a World Cup Final.

He came over to the south stand and rightly got a great ovation

I am a Poch fan but whoever signed off on this ridiculous ultra pass from back is crazy when:

1. We know our keeper has distribution issues
  2. We have seen other teams fuck up doing it recently
  3. I don’t understand why the CBs aren’t even wide they are alongside him inside the 6 yard box, giving them even less chance of getting ball away and will be be pressed even more than if wide
  4. I have never seen this work effectively in the premier league so who came up with it and put in place?
Finally second half goal kicks were old school, no pressure on Hugo, every one was cheered, common sense at last

So bad with his feet why do it?!

The life of a goalie eh? Fucking hell I could have throttled Hugo for that brainfart to end all brainfarts but he definitely atoned with a couple of top class saves. Genuinely wish he’d play it safe though. He does some batshit crazy stuff at times that tests the patience...

Not pages slating him. It's not first time, it's not the last one. New keeper in the summer, move on.
That's the worrying thing, he doesn't appear to be learning from these silly errors. Surely it's something that can be worked on at the training ground, putting him under pressure when in possession on the floor ?. He just seems to go to pieces in such situations.
Apart from that his saves were nothing short of magnificent and he saved our bacon.

Don't compare him with Allison. Only us, Spurs fans, would say Lloris is better.
I agree that the game has moved past his strengths, with the requirement for keepers to need to be footballers as well, but he has cost us the same amount of league goals through errors in his entire spurs career than Allison has cost liverpool in one season.

thats something that shouldnt be ignored. (and its not saying he is better than Allison..they are very different in keepers style, Allison is perfect for Liverpool's style)

Don't blame Hugo, Poch says it is his fault for making him play that way....

Do you remember when Pep had a goalkeeper who was unable to adapt to the style in which he wanted the team to play ... and when Klopp had one that simply 'folded' in the big games ?? Whatever happened to Hart and Karius :thumbdown:
I'm not blaming Hugo at all,he was magnificent yesterday shot stopping, but he just doesn't suit playing it out from the back or receiving back passes with approaching attackers. A decision has to be made surely, change the style or change the keeper.

Don't blame Hugo, Poch says it is his fault for making him play that way....

Do you remember when Pep had a goalkeeper who was unable to adapt to the style in which he wanted the team to play ... and when Klopp had one that simply 'folded' in the big games ?? Whatever happened to Hart and Karius :thumbdown:
I'm not blaming Hugo at all,he was magnificent yesterday shot stopping, but he just doesn't suit playing it out from the back or receiving back passes with approaching attackers. A decision has to be made surely, change the style or change the keeper.
For me it's change the style. Which other team takes a goal kick with both CBs 2 yards from the 'keeper.

As others have said, how much would a top class keeper who has good distribution cost, if anyone is available.

For me it's change the style. Which other team takes a goal kick with both CBs 2 yards from the 'keeper.

As others have said, how much would a top class keeper who has good distribution cost, if anyone is available.
Needs to be done soon though, he has already said he will leave soon. Hugo is one of the best shot stoppers in the world, but his distribution is shocking and he has too many howlers. Im not saying get him out now, but we should be looking

Harry's so good in the air too, we don't go long (quickly) anywhere near enough from the goalkeeper IMO.

It annoys the fuck out of me when they play it short and then it ends up going back and around again a few times before they eventually do go long and then the other team are well organised.

We have competitive players in the air and pace to run behind with.

I personally miss a bit of the dynamism in the attacking play of the Redknapp days tbh, we have pace, but we all too often look so slow. Would love us to be more direct more often.

Also think we're lacking a real top experienced pro in the squad, a winner. Someone top drawer in their 30's.

Harry's so good in the air too, we don't go long (quickly) anywhere near enough from the goalkeeper IMO.

It annoys the fuck out of me when they play it short and then it ends up going back and around again a few times before they eventually do go long and then the other team are well organised.

We have competitive players in the air and pace to run behind with.

I personally miss a bit of the dynamism in the attacking play of the Redknapp days tbh, we have pace, but we all too often look so slow. Would love us to be more direct more often.

Also think we're lacking a real top experienced pro in the squad, a winner. Someone top drawer in their 30's.

Exactly, somebody who is looking for an 'Indian Summer' with a young and talented side. We need a sort of dressing room 'Father figure' capable of calming things down in the big pressure matches and giving the younger players advice based on recognised and respected experience.
Now before you all ask me who....I'm thinking, I'm thinking :thumbdown: :thumbup:

Players that did that job well for us were players like Naybet, Scotty P. and Brad Friedel...Davids maybe to a lesser extent, although I'm sure he made an impression on some of the players that came through.

I'd give a kidney for a new Scotty Parker tbh.

Players that did that job well for us were players like Naybet, Scotty P. and Brad Friedel...Davids maybe to a lesser extent, although I'm sure he made an impression on some of the players that came through.

I'd give a kidney for a new Scotty Parker tbh.
You could say Hugo because he's Captain of a World Cup winning side but he just doesn't seem to have the charisma to inspire for me, and as a goalkeeper could offer little personal advice, I feel, to outfield players.
Somebody who has been there, done it, got the T shirt, probably aged about 35/36 and still with a few miles left on the clock....anybody have any realistic suggestions ??

You could say Hugo because he's Captain of a World Cup winning side but he just doesn't seem to have the charisma to inspire for me, and as a goalkeeper could offer little personal advice, I feel, to outfield players.
Somebody who has been there, done it, got the T shirt, probably aged about 35/36 and still with a few miles left on the clock....anybody have any realistic suggestions ??
People are obsessed with this “father figure” idea. We need extra quality. Nothing more nothing less. The prem is a league based on great athleticism. Who are the father figures in the top 2?

As for Lloris, was flawless in the 2nd half but surely an Onana type keeper can’t be to far into the horizon if we are going to pursue this style.

Didn't answer the question. Who would you replace him with

Back
Top Bottom