Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not second guessing the levels of pain, I myself have had a dislocated elbow, my wifes sister has had her elbow dislocated about 5 times in her life, never seen her taken to a hospital on morphine and on a stretcher, that would be an absolute waste of NHS resources, don't you think?

I myself have had it like I said as well, it was painful as fuck, not denying that but I drove myself to the hospital when it happened, I didn't have a team of paramedics babysitting me.

But it would make sense to use a stretcher for those injuries you describe because they impair your ability to walk, at the very least you would need someone to help you, just like Kane did, Pain tolerance isn't an individual thing, people don't have higher/lower levels of it, it's a mentality thing, it's not about what "hurts more" of course certain things will hurt more than others, it's about HOW YOU DEAL WITH THE PAIN, that's my point.
People who dislocate a joint with regularity have a problem with their joints, my brother can dislocate his shoulder and pop it back in whenever he wants. He feels no pain whatsoever because his joint is abnormal. It's his druncken party trick. I don't know your wife but from what you've described is probably something similar.

What's normal is joints aren't supposed to dislocate and when they do it's fucking painful for "normal" joints.

Lloris had his full body weight, plus the energy/force of him falling back on his elbow, there is every chance he's also torn his ligaments too as a consequence, which is excruciating. Looking at the freeze frame pics it wasn't a simple popping out of the socket........It's fucking bent in the opposite direction at a 90 degree angle!!
Lloris3.jpg

19331840-0-image-a-20_1570277564309.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000528368597-e1570357328725.jpg

The SEVEN trained medical staff in attandance then assess what the next corse of action is and how to appropriatly deal with it.

You're right mate, should have airlifted him out of the stadium as a precaution, can't be too careful with these things...
The fuck's wrong with you? He's a professional sportsman who uses his arms pretty regularly. Wrapping him in cotton wool until they get the correct diagnosis makes complete sense. He's a multi million pound asset and they want to make sure he's given the best care possible to be available again ASAP, whether that's to be starting games for us or to sell on to another club.

People who dislocate a joint with regularity have a problem with their joints, my brother can dislocate his shoulder and pop it back in whenever he wants. He feels no pain whatsoever because his joint is abnormal. It's his druncken party trick. I don't know your wife but from what you've described is probably something similar.

What's normal is joints aren't supposed to dislocate and when they do it's fucking painful for "normal" joints.

Lloris had his full body weight, plus the energy/force of him falling back on his elbow, there is every chance he's also torn his ligaments too as a consequence, which is excruciating. Looking at the freeze frame pics it wasn't a simple popping out of the socket........It's fucking bent in the opposite direction at a 90 degree angle!!
Lloris3.jpg

19331840-0-image-a-20_1570277564309.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000528368597-e1570357328725.jpg

The SEVEN trained medical staff in attandance then assess what the next corse of action is and how to appropriatly deal with it.

Ok, let me make this clear.

• I have seen the pictures

• I appreciate it's painful

• He didn't need a stretcher, it doesn't affect his ability to walk

• You can waste your time repeating yourself about pain tolerances etc but it's not going to change my mind about the fact that I think it's weak.

• It wasn't his bollocks, he will be fine.

Mate I'm a qualified Goalkeeping coach and it was a keeper error.
So you disagree with Preece? Why?

If you are a GK coach, then worth listening to. As I said, I think ONLY those that have played this position can really comment on it, everyone including myself thinks they know until they put the gloves on and have to stop the ball going in the back of the net, it's a bonkers position that's far more technical than people realize.

The fuck's wrong with you? He's a professional sportsman who uses his arms pretty regularly. Wrapping him in cotton wool until they get the correct diagnosis makes complete sense. He's a multi million pound asset and they want to make sure he's given the best care possible to be available again ASAP, whether that's to be starting games for us or to sell on to another club.

lol, this is ludicrous, again, you don't need a stretcher for a dislocated elbow, even for an arm break, people could have walked him off the pitch, this conversation is ludicrous, if this was a member of the general public people would be saying how much of a waste of resources it is.

• You can waste your time repeating yourself about pain tolerances etc but it's not going to change my mind about the fact that I think it's weak.

I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm not sure you actually have one is the bigger question.

He didn't ask for a fucking stretcher on the account he's got an oxygen mask shoved over his face and it's not his decision to make, it's that of the medical team. Maybe this is how the medical want to give him oxygen when a patient is lying down?? Don't see many players/patients carrying the bottle themselves whilst walking off the pitch!!

You don't need to be on a stretcher when going into an operating theatre to have your tonsils out but you do! Why? because this is what the doctors have decided how it's done!

Fucking hell!!!

So you disagree with Preece? Why?

If you are a GK coach, then worth listening to. As I said, I think ONLY those that have played this position can really comment on it, everyone including myself thinks they know until they put the gloves on and have to stop the ball going in the back of the net, it's a bonkers position that's far more technical than people realize.
I've said why, he is back tracking and clearly unaware of where he is. He attempts to catch the ball when under the bar he could have tapped it over. But it's what he does with his left leg is totally curious. He goes to land on it, then tries to reposition it while still in the air. He misses landing on it, drops the ball and both the goal and injury are a result of this.

It's not a miss hit cross, perhaps it could be classed as an overhit cross. The way a cross from the left with a right foot comes in should be driven hard, little over head height, started outside the back post and curling inside the post creating a corridor of uncertainty for a goalkeeper and difficulties for defenders.

Hugo lost his bearings, made a stupid decision and both us and Hugo paid the price.

Preece is full of shit, because Hugo didn't have far to move and it was how he dealt with what he had to do determined the outcome.

Does a dislocated elbow impair your ability to walk as a human being?
Just outta interest... in your opinion, when do you expect him to be back playing... what with him sustaining such a minor injury....
The Watford game perhaps??
Or do you reckon he'll still make the France squad this weekend?

I've said why, he is back tracking and clearly unaware of where he is. He attempts to catch the ball when under the bar he could have tapped it over. But it's what he does with his left leg is totally curious. He goes to land on it, then tries to reposition it while still in the air. He misses landing on it, drops the ball and both the goal and injury are a result of this.

It's not a miss hit cross, perhaps it could be classed as an overhit cross. The way a cross from the left with a right foot comes in should be driven hard, little over head height, started outside the back post and curling inside the post creating a corridor of uncertainty for a goalkeeper and difficulties for defenders.

Hugo lost his bearings, made a stupid decision and both us and Hugo paid the price.

Preece is full of shit, because Hugo didn't have far to move and it was how he dealt with what he had to do determined the outcome.
Brilliant post.

I am not and have not been a goalkeeper or goalkeeping coach but I honestly saw everything you've just stated and came to the same conclusion (in particular the left leg which you clearly see during the replay of goal).

I admire your tenacity!
Not letting this one go, are ya!

Just outta interest... in your opinion, when do you expect him to be back playing... what with him sustaining such a minor injury....
The Watford game perhaps??
Or do you reckon he'll still make the France squad this weekend?
Back in training tomorrow, i reckon.
He can still do some running,can't he?. And weights with his right arm...

He was obviously taken of via stretcher because they assumed like most he had broken his arm. Dislocated elbow and probably torn all the ligaments in his lower arm. Doubt it felt like someone giving him a tickle.

However it was his fuck up that led to the error should never of tried to catch it that close to the line whilst jumping back. Should pushed it over the bar and taken the corner

He was obviously taken of via stretcher because they assumed like most he had broken his arm. Dislocated elbow and probably torn all the ligaments in his lower arm. Doubt it felt like someone giving him a tickle.

However it was his fuck up that led to the error should never of tried to catch it that close to the line whilst jumping back. Should pushed it over the bar and taken the corner
Lloris is still one of the best pure shot-stoppers in the league but his decision making has really gone downhill the past 2 seasons. Just bizarre that he doesn't tip it over the bar.

Back
Top Bottom