Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2/3 years ago I might have agreed about letting Lloris go but he is playing well now. Cannot see the point in spending money on a replacement which may or may not be better when there are so many more demands on cash to improve different positions. A 2 year contract and look at it again then.

He didn't have a lot to do tonight, but he made two important saves, IIRC. As others have said, we have other problem areas to deal with before prematurely discarding Hugo.

If he wants to extend his contract, we shouldn’t hesitate. No need to create additional problems for ourselves. He’s still so solid.

If he wants to extend his contract, we shouldn’t hesitate. No need to create additional problems for ourselves. He’s still so solid.

Yep agreed. Lloris is still relatively young for a keeper. He has 4/5 good years left in him still. Gollini has proven he’s not worth buying in my opinion, he’s not good enough. Extend Lloris another season and buy his replacement next summer long term. Fuck off Gollini

New contract to Hugo. At least 2 years. Don’t sign Gollini. Buy HG understudy - eg Johnstone (out of contract) or Pope (likely relegated). This stuff is pretty straightforward.

Unless of course Hugo wants out. Then we get Henderson. No question.

I must admit, a couple of seasons ago he worried me. Like any keeper, he can still make a mistake but he has continued to improve. Expecting him to play less with his feet under pressure has also helped. Happy to see him remain as No.1 for a couple more years whilst we find a replacement

He’s been in the top 10 goalkeepers in world football for a very long time and has won the biggest prize of all as a captain of his national side. It’s crazy to contemplate getting rid of him if he wants to stay and extend his contract.
His distribution is sometimes questionable for sure, but he’s a fabulous shot stopper and as a World Cup winning captain, commands the respect of those around him.
I will be delighted if we can persuade him to stay.
Aside from his brush with the law (uncharacteristic I would hope) he is one of the few players I would be very sad to let go of.
Give the man a good contract and please let him lift a club trophy with us before he retires

He still potentially has 4 or even 5 good years left in him at the Top level... I hope it's with us.
Could easily see him going into a GK coaching capacity as and when he *GK football cliché alert * hangs up his gloves....
...and again, I'd hope that could even be with us...
But I imagine that plenty of clubs in France would be calling!

Shame he can't kick so good! :llorishuh:

Maybe the whole Dier-Lloris axis roll out goalkick routine is trying to address that....?

Back
Top Bottom