Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching that video should have had me in tears, but all I could think was, he reminds me of Hugh Jackman!
I never warmed to him and still don't really know why. The drink-driving incident didn't help.
His last season was mostly a disaster but I suppose we need to remember the times he saved us.
Good luck in LA Hugo, hope it goes well for you and your family.

Was a truly world-class goalkeeper for a few years here and could have played at better clubs... stayed with us for whatever reason. The only blemish on his record here is the drink driving thing, that should have been the end of the captaincy but wasnt (dunno why... because he was still France captain? Whatever)

We wont have many players here who will ever win a World Cup, never mind as captain. All the best hugo, enjoy the LA sun!

I’d go along with this.

He was a very good servant and I wish him all the best, but I too would be slow to label him a club legend.

One must not forget, he was captain for almost the entirety of one of the longest trophy drought’s in the history of the club.
He stayed with us for all that time because he was never good enough to join a team better than us. I constantly see comments like “he could have joined any team in the world but chose to stick with us.” That is really not true, he was never seriously linked with any of the really big boys.

I wish him all the best and hope he enjoys his retirement in LA, but I’m also very happy he’s no longer our goalkeeper and as you say, we now have a keeper who seems more reliable and solid that Lloris ever was…
Yes, he played during a time when Spurs did not win any titles, true, but he was the goalie during some of Spurs most consistent ever time period (I am not talking about those consistent mid-table periods) - coming 2nd and 3rd in the league several times and helping Spurs to reach its first ever CL final.
And, although not directly being related to Spurs, he was captain for France while winning the WC once and being runners up once while at Spurs.
So for me he's a legend.

Last edited:
Good luck Hugo! Gave us excellent service and was captain through our best team of the PL era. Immense shot stopper in his prime with the obvious penalty highlights in the Poch era.

Watching that video should have had me in tears, but all I could think was, he reminds me of Hugh Jackman!
I never warmed to him and still don't really know why. The drink-driving incident didn't help.
His last season was mostly a disaster but I suppose we need to remember the times he saved us.
Good luck in LA Hugo, hope it goes well for you and your family.
I completely agree with all of that Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman

I was in shock when we landed him. Couldn’t believe we pulled it off.

He gave us more than anyone could’ve imagined and was a huge part of taking this club to a higher level.

Thank you Hugo

I’m not sure why I feel kinda indifferent to him in my time supporting Tottenham he’s the longest serving player after Kane he’s captain and arguably a world class keeper and we were fortunate to have him, yet when he lost his place and we knew he was going it was like “so what” he moves on so do we, that’s sad he was part of our most successful team in the last 20 years and all he gets is a round of applause at half time against poxy Bournemouth

Ally Gold said some farewell was being prepared for the Bournemouth game. I though it was strange as we hadn't heard any confirmation but now it's on the official twitter, confirms he was spot on.

As they are talking to him at HT I doubt he'd come on for the last 5 mins of Bournemouth, although i'd like to see it. Imagine if Bournemouth scored though 👀

Back
Top Bottom