Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cant understand how anyone thinks Hugo is dodgy - best player in the side and captain for a reason. I will be distraught when he goes

Cant understand how anyone thinks Hugo is dodgy - best player in the side and captain for a reason. I will be distraught when he goes

His distribution is dodgy. That's about it. Not lost a game he's started in for 6 months.

Last edited:
Speaking to the French press during this week's international break, Lloris waxed lyrical about Tottenham, praising the club's facilities, fans, manager, infrastructure and future.

“There can always be opportunities. We don’t control everything. What is certain, is that I’m currently at an ambitious club who has been in the top 6 for the past eight years," Lloris told Nice Matin.

"Tottenham still has the means to progress. We have incredible facilities, very promising youngsters, great fans and soon a new stadium that will be one of the nicest in Europe.

“On top of that, we have a manager who has a philosophy, a way of working to which I adhere to completely. He’s created a soul in this team. This club is going in the right direction, but each year, the level gets higher. In other leagues, you can predict what will happen.”
:llorishuh:

Speaking to the French press during this week's international break, Lloris waxed lyrical about Tottenham, praising the club's facilities, fans, manager, infrastructure and future.

“There can always be opportunities. We don’t control everything. What is certain, is that I’m currently at an ambitious club who has been in the top 6 for the past eight years," Lloris told Nice Matin.

"Tottenham still has the means to progress. We have incredible facilities, very promising youngsters, great fans and soon a new stadium that will be one of the nicest in Europe.

“On top of that, we have a manager who has a philosophy, a way of working to which I adhere to completely. He’s created a soul in this team. This club is going in the right direction, but each year, the level gets higher. In other leagues, you can predict what will happen.”
:llorishuh:
We need a happy Lloris smiley.

article-2512143-196A2ABA00000578-518_634x418.jpg

:llorisunsure:Hugo is a world class top top team member, goalie and Captain - (there's too much evidence to quote to support this assertion), best goalie for Spurs since Robinson at his England's No 1 peak.
Levy and Poch gotta look after Hugo big time - with the Belgium two in front of goal and a solid midfield - no reason why the mighty Spurs won't be in the top 3 mix end of season:pochohshit:

Whilst Jennings, Brown and Ditchburn are probably our best 3 ever keepers of all time, Hugo's gotta be up there with the likes of Clemence, and to a lesser extent, Thorsdvedt (if you discount his debut against Forest!) ...he's maybe not in the same upper echelons as Mimms or Peter Guthrie just yet, but if he works on his distribution he can certainly come close!

I personally feel Lloris is definitely top 2 in the world purely due to the fact that he gets called out more to make several saves in a game. Neuer gets way too overhyped, although he is good, Bayern play the Guardiola way where the opposition gets very little possession and hence he doesn't get called out to make too many saves in games.

If Lloris had better ball distribution, he would be number 1 for me.

Back
Top Bottom