Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are you looking to do, and where in the city are you staying? Vienna isn't a very large city, but it has a lot of distinct options.

There's a couple of pubs that regularly have Spurs on TV, and one that a small supporters group meets at if you are here when there is a match being played.

Will spend most hours at the Juridicum and will be staying close to that as well. Looking for something (anything) exciting to look at in the daytime, not too far away.

Oh, and Rapid ... blech. Austria all the way. Too many hooligans and general shitheads in the Rapid supporters (though I'm sure zahi zahi is a fine fellow)

Well shitheads are everywhere. Rapid has more fans that Austria so probably also more shitheads and hooligans. But believe me, I've nothing to do with those, as you probably don't have anything to do with those from Austria. Such people are just a bunch of Idiots (mostly right-winged), that nobody needs in football!

Will spend most hours at the Juridicum and will be staying close to that as well. Looking for something (anything) exciting to look at in the daytime, not too far away.
Whow, there are so many things to see in Vienna and via public transport, from the Juridicum you are everywhere in Vienna, within 25 minutes. So what are you interested in?

What are you looking to do, and where in the city are you staying? Vienna isn't a very large city, but it has a lot of distinct options.
There's a couple of pubs that regularly have Spurs on TV, and one that a small supporters group meets at if you are here when there is a match being played.
Care to elaborate?? I'm gonna be in Vienna soon, as I'm working there for most of March and April... there will be some tasty Spurs matches I'm gonna miss if I can't find somewhere decent to watch them!

Danke Schön in advance!

...oh, and don't worry, I'll make sure I remember to wear this kit, if it's a predominately Rapid pub;
4d48474b3135_01.jpg

...and this one if it's mainly Austria Wien fans!!!!!
4d5453533135_01.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously.

That touch last week was fucking heroic.

I don't think I, or any of us, appreciated it for what it really was at the time due to obvious elation.

Fuck me. If we win the league, that moment will be a reason why.

Hugo fucking Lloris.

I love that we're finally looking like/playing like the team he deserves.

Let's be honest, we've made Hugo put up with some crap defending in seasons gone by - but right now, I'm not worried about him leaving.

God it'd be good to see that beautiful man lifting a cup this season...

Last edited:

Let's be honest, we've made Hugo put up with some crap defending in seasons gone by - but right now, I'm not worried about him leaving.

I fantasise about us needing a goal in stoppage time last day of the season and Hugo comes up for a corner and grabs the winner.

Unlikely. But seeing him lift the cup will be amazing and what he deserves as the best goalie in the league.

Brave doesn't do Hugo justice. I can't even think of a word that can describe the heroics and willingness to put his body on the line to win matches. The clash with Lukaku's knee and Hugo's head a couple of seasons ago is a perfect example. He was knocked unconscious and simply didn't want to leave the pitch, his personal wellbeing came second to trying to win the match. Not many moden day footballers would do that. Some might say its stupidity but to me that showed a fire in Hugo's belly that any other player at the club at that time would struggle to replicate.
A hero to young goalkeepers from every corner of the globe and Spurs hall of famer for sure. A leader by example. Much like Ledley he sets the standard for the rest of the team to try and match.
I'm sure in the years to come and Hugo has moved on or retired at the club, (please god above let it be the later. I will never swear again, I'll never put sirloin steaks through the self scan at Sainsbury's as onions, I'll never wank on your sons birthday after I've had my Christmas pud and I'll be the best human i can possible be). I'm sure we'll be discussing who was the best player to ever play for spurs and Hugo will be in ever single one.

Was thinking the same thing the other day. Quite apart from what the trophy itself will show about how far we've come, consider the implications of having this man of all people lifting it. There's been talk about Kane going as well, but I think it's safe to say that every single Spurs fan assumed in the summer that it was more likely that Hugo would leave than stay. After a decade of our one star player being picked up by United or Real, seeing the man who bucked the trend would be so amazing :pochohshit:

After everything he's done and for how consistently he does it, Hugo Lloris still doesn't get the credit he deserves from our fans. He is, without question, the best player on our team.

After everything he's done and for how consistently he does it, Hugo Lloris still doesn't get the credit he deserves from our fans. He is, without question, the best player on our team.
Yes he does mate, he is loved by one and all. I'd go so far as to say he can do no wrong, just like Harry, when he has a few bad moments (as all players do) they are rarely picked up on.

Yes he does mate, he is loved by one and all. I'd go so far as to say he can do no wrong, just like Harry, when he has a few bad moments (as all players do) they are rarely picked up on.

And yet he's never the first player mentioned. He's probably not even the third or fourth name out of people's mouths when asked who our best players are. You'll hear Kane, Toby & Eriksen before someone mentions Lloris 90% of the time (or more).

Just because everyone loves him, it doesn't mean he gets the credit he deserves. He's been our best player for three seasons, and he's gotten better under Poch. He's kept us from losing more games than our forwards have (how many times have our players battled from 1-0 down to win, vs how many times have we been drawn or 1 up and Lloris has come up with an exceptional save to give us points?). SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 was dead on when he said that if we win the league it will be because of him. Will he get Spurs player of the year? Not a chance. Because he's criminally overlooked in terms of his importance.

And yet he's never the first player mentioned. He's probably not even the third or fourth name out of people's mouths when asked who our best players are. You'll hear Kane, Toby & Eriksen before someone mentions Lloris 90% of the time (or more).

Just because everyone loves him, it doesn't mean he gets the credit he deserves. He's been our best player for three seasons, and he's gotten better under Poch. He's kept us from losing more games than our forwards have (how many times have our players battled from 1-0 down to win, vs how many times have we been drawn or 1 up and Lloris has come up with an exceptional save to give us points?). SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 was dead on when he said that if we win the league it will be because of him. Will he get Spurs player of the year? Not a chance. Because he's criminally overlooked in terms of his importance.
Everything you have just said is true, apart from the fact he is overlooked. He is adored, worshiped, loved. At the Lane you see 100's of kids wearing goalkeeper jersey's with his name on the back. In all the years I've been going to the Lane I have never seen that, despite us having keepers that have held cult status. Even the older members mention his name in the same sentence as Jennings.

Anyway, seems an odd debate to have so will leave it here,

Back
Top Bottom