***** Hungary v England World Cup qualifier 19:45******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have to be white for them to be welcoming, they can go fuck themselves
East Asia is the same from what i've seen, although white people aren't exactly celebrated either generally, which makes the whole notion of any western europe countries being institutionally racist utterly ridiculous. It's not perfect, but we live and I repeat, we live in the least racist place on earth, and there's a reason for that, and quite frankly i'm sick of being demonised by celebrating that fact as me being far right.

Some times you have to smell the roses a d look at the positives, not dwell on the bad.

Yeah good suggestion. It won't change mentality but it will hurt the nations involved.

Won'thappen.
Won't happen because they don't wanna punish players lile that for actions of fans. It would be real statement, but unfair to the players because it's not their fault.

Closed doors, for 10 matches. 20 matches
Doesn't matter. That will hurt them a lot too.

I genuinely thought Sterling was being booed for his diving earlier which is standard practice in football last 10-15 years

East Asia is the same from what i've seen, although white people aren't exactly celebrated either generally, which makes the whole notion of any western europe countries being institutionally racist utterly ridiculous. It's not perfect, but we live and I repeat, we live in the least racist place on earth, and there's a reason for that, and quite frankly i'm sick of being demonised by celebrating that fact as me being far right.

Some times you have to smell the roses a d look at the positives, not dwell on the bad.
I don’t know about that. Agree to always look at positives but that doesn’t mean one should ignore the bad.

Im sure you’ll understand why the idea of white people being welcomed and non whites being demonised turns my stomach (and of course the other way around).

Anyway I hope something is done to turn these attitudes around in those countries. Until then, I’ll steer clear.

It’s very sad

It's no coincidence that H has scored so many goals and set up so many goals for Sterling.
No Kane and we don't make those semis and final.
People really just don't realise how great the guy is.
You can see it with Grealish as well. He's a fecking genius and yet some punters are moaning about him.
Grealish is a good player. Not a genius

I genuinely thought Sterling was being booed for his diving earlier which is standard practice in football last 10-15 years
ITV had a reporter behind that goal. During the game he reported clearly hearing the repulsively disgusting "monkey chanting'. No reason to disbelieve him.

I'm struggling to understand why you think it's appropriate to make this* comment as a response to the racist monkey chanting that took place last night.

*the one I highlighted in bold.

If you're 'sick of being demonised', you could help yourself by not making posts like this, at times like this?

Last edited:
Hungary is gonna be one of the worst place in the planet to live a life in freedom and peace.
The images from the yesterday day are very awful, those people deserve all the worst.

I agree with who is talking about banning them from the competition.

Hungary has a huge issue with far right politics and culture which are all legitimised by their mini dictator. But I wouldn’t write off the whole country as racist. I would hate to be judged by the behaviour of our leaders as I’m sure our American and other international friends would too. Still, I’m glad we humped the cunts. Hope we give their wet hoolies the welcome they deserve in London.
Indeed . All Hungarians I know were embarrassed about what happened yesterday .

I'm struggling to understand why you think it's appropriate to make this* comment as a response to the racist monkey chanting that took place last night.

*the one I highlighted in bold.

If you're 'sick of being demonised', you could help yourself by not making posts like this, at times like this?
No you're not struggling, it's because you think i'm racist. You act like this is our first encounter and you don't already hold an opinion of me, so what's the new reframe to that, i'm being paranoid?

The context is very clear in my post. I'm talking about other countries being far more racist than western Europe is, so If you read that another way I suggest you look inwards at your own internalised racism.

Good day.

I don’t know about that. Agree to always look at positives but that doesn’t mean one should ignore the bad.

Im sure you’ll understand why the idea of white people being welcomed and non whites being demonised turns my stomach (and of course the other way around).

Anyway I hope something is done to turn these attitudes around in those countries. Until then, I’ll steer clear.

It’s very sad
I said dwell.

And you've called me a goose stepping nazi more times than anyone on here Welshie whether in jest or not, and it isn't very helpful.

Hungary is gonna be one of the worst place in the planet to live a life in freedom and peace.
The images from the yesterday day are very awful, those people deserve all the worst.

I agree with who is talking about banning them from the competition.
I used to go to Budapest a lot. Very friendly people for the most part, bit of an edge but it is nothing compared to London. One of my favourite places. From what I understand the party hostels are still thriving. It is amazing how quickly things are changing.

I used to go to Budapest a lot. Very friendly people for the most part, bit of an edge but it is nothing compared to London. One of my favourite places. From what I understand the party hostels are still thriving. It is amazing how quickly things are changing.
I have no doubt that Hungary is still full of good people, but I think that sometimes a hard reaction is needed to show the world that racism and stuff like this suck and it's not allowed in the sport (and in the life too).

And that's racism too. Where is the selfawarness in anything of this? It backs up my previous point on this whole debate a while back which is that this isn't really about combatting racism at all, it's about selfrighteousness feeling above it all. Patting ourselves on the back.

Grouping an entire country together and branding them all racist is racist in itself isn't it?

And suddenly it's England who aren't the racist evil colonialists but the good guys again. This is all tribalistic bullshit. My tribe is morally more advanced than yours etc. And if we weren't playing a country who's skin was white, and homogenically even whiter than our own (which is partly why they're more racist anyway i'd imagine) there wouldn't even be this narrative.

What if we playing say Turkey for example and this had happened? Would there be the same image of England V Racists? I think not.

Lets see who has the balls to answer that.

Last edited:
I said dwell.

And you've called me a goose stepping nazi more times than anyone on here Welshie whether in jest or not, and it isn't very helpful.

Not sure why you've decided to dredge up old cunt offs like its relevant to this discussion. Almost as if you're trying to stir the pot or trying to start something...I'm not going to bite. I agree about it not being helpful but I've already apologised for previous misdeeds (as have you) so I'm not going to go back there or be drawn into some kind of bullshit cunt off. That holds zero interest for me so don't even bother.

If you have found something offensive or antagonistic in my posts in this thread then please do say. Otherwise, it would be helpful to stay on topic. I feel that my posts in this topic have been entirely justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom