I Fucking Love Scott Parker!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love that not only is Scott Parker a Spurs fan... he also understands what being thrust into the spotlight at an early age feels like.

The fact he's calling time on TWENTY years of professional football, and he's still 'only' 36 speaks volumes for how he's looked after and conducted himself... not to mention the shining example he can set to the next generation of Spurs youngsters.

Also, whilst an accomplished player for us, he was never 'the star turn' ...he knows how to motivate others around him, without wanting to hog the limelight himself.

Ardiles and Hoddle were two of the very best players we had... and they both made lousy managers!

I'd rather an ex-player who worked just under the radar, and has earned respect from the example he sets, rather than the reputation before him.

Scott Parker exemplifies everything our club is about right now, and hopefully well into the future....

A perfect appointment on pretty much every level. Welcome Home Scotty!

Damn, you quoted me before i corrected the misspelling of Avram's name.
Its a well known story in Hammers circles.Its over his sacking.
They were at an away game and Brady sacked Grant immediatly after the match finished.
She then told him to make his own way home(it was up north,i think)
Scott Parker got wind of it and said to her ,if he don't get on the coach none of us do.
Heard this many times, so believe it to be true.

But we're not asking him to play.. . We've signed him as a coach.
He probably wouldn't get into our first team squad today...
But since when did the best players make the best managers...?
Ferguson, Wenger, Mourihno... bang average players, yet you can't doubt their credentials as Managers/Coaches!

I reckon Parker has a decent future as a coach... whether it's with us or not remains to be seen... but he's definitely got what it takes to get the best out of players.

Oh come on, I'll put that down to it being Saturday night and you've hopefully been drinking but Mourinho in a list of great managers/coaches whose credentials you can't question? Please let's not perpetuate that bullshit construction.

Mourinho and Guardiola are two of the greatest frauds to ever have managed football clubs, Keyser Soze wearing the Emperor's new clothes.

I challenge you to name one player who Mourinho has coached/managed to become a better player - you've only got to look at what he's done to Shaw and Rashford's careers, not to mention a host of other promising youngsters like Fosu-Mensah who's potential has been stifled by a reliance on overpriced overhyped short-termism.

Honestly Mourinho convincing the world that he's a half-capable manager is proper Derren Brown/Penn and Teller level shit, he won the league with Porto, OK that's like suggesting Brendan Rogers is the second coming because of what he's achieved in the northern Mickey Mouse league, then he's been at Chelsea, Real and Man United where he's spent 200/300 million on transfers and God knows what in wages and managed to scrape together a few trophies.

Can you really imagine him keeping Sunderland in the premiership for however many seasons they managed, or winning the league with the players Leicester had, or God forbid even at our place a few years ago? Rose and Walker would have been straight out the door to be replaced by 34 year old 'big names' for 30 million a pop; Kane, Winks, Dier and Alli would be nowhere near the first team if they were even at the club, and we'd have a crippling defecit hanging over us like the executioners blade.

Apologies for the Saturday night rant but it's the casual dropping of his name into lists of 'great managers/coaches' that perpetuates the myth that he's somehow anywhere near half capable...

Dembele when he comes to training on that first day and hears the king of the 360 turn is back
3bfcb657_we-not-worthy.gif

Get it done.

This, this and this!

A Spurs supporter as a kid, a gent of a man, already taken some (don't know how many) coaching badges whilst he played with us, took them with uncle Brad I believe. Remained a mentor to Harry Winks. Without doubt he was a leader to, proper Captain of force with plenty of stories of his Churchillian halftime team talks (West Ham v WBA one of the most talked about).

Would absolutely love this to happen.

Love Scott.....changed the whole "don't worry lads it's only Tottenham" soft belly reputation we had for ten years.
Really pleased by this news

Gotta give Palacios a little love here too...

Never the greatest player, but he had the grit and energy that we desperately lacked and I don't think our 1st CL qualification happens without him. Pretty fucking good away at AC the following year too (Epic Game!).

I don't think we miss his mentality.

We have players like Alli, Jan, Rose and Dier who are ever as bullheaded as Parker ever was. Not to add vastly better player, doing well in a vastly better side. Parker would barely get in our first XVIII today.

Still, a great guy and looks like he could have a decent coach in him. Good move for the academy

Underestimating Super Scott in terms of ability AND mentality/commitment.

Comparing the spirit of Parker vs Jan is pretty laughable for starters. I'd say we currently don't have anyone to individually match him on that basis.

Very few could....

We're talking about a guy prepared to point blank 'tackle' a foot with his head!!!!

“I would like to take this opportunity to formally announce my retirement from playing professional football. The decision to retire has not been an easy one for me but having thought long and hard over it, and having discussed it with those closest to me, I believe that now is the right time to move on to the next chapter in my life and career.

“When I started my career at Charlton Athletic all those years ago I could only have dreamt at that time just what was to follow over the next two decades. I feel incredibly honoured and proud to have enjoyed the career that I have and I've loved every moment of it.

“I have enjoyed so many incredible moments during my career. From making my first team debut at Charlton, to playing regularly in the Premier League, playing in the Champions League to then playing in a major tournament for England, as well as ultimately fulfilling a lifelong dream by captaining my country. There are just too many highlights to mention.”

“I would like to thank everyone at Charlton Athletic, Norwich City, Chelsea, Newcastle United, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham for the unbelievable support that I've been shown throughout my time at each and every one of the club's I've been proud to represent.

Thank you to the fans of all of the clubs that I've been lucky enough to play for. Your support has meant everything to me and you've supported me throughout all of the ups and downs during my career. I hope I was able to repay the faith shown in me by my commitment and performances on the pitch.

“I would like to thank all of my teammates over the course of my career as well as the coaches and managers that I've played under. I've learnt a huge amount from everyone that I've worked with that I have no doubt will hugely benefit me in my next career chapter.”

and most importantly, I would like to thank my family for all of their unconditional love and support throughout. My wife Carly, and all of her family, and our sons Frankie, Murphy, Sonny and Rafa have been there for me through everything and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. Thank you too to my Mum and Dad, who I hope I've made proud. Without them all nothing would have been possible.”

When I was a boy I dreamt of becoming a professional football player and I feel very honoured to have accomplished my dream. I have always tried to set high standards on and off the pitch. I hope most of all throughout my career I have been a good role model not only to my sons but also to all of my teammates who played with me as well as all those who supported me.

“I'm now looking forward to the next chapter of my life and career and hope to make an announcement soon with regards to what that will be.”

#Legend

Back
Top Bottom