I Fucking Love Scott Parker!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had we bought him before he wasted years of his career at West Ham, he would have become a Spurs legend for sure.

Such an underrated player - loved him. (Even his 360 spins in his final season with us)

I'm Sorry but people have short memories...

Scott Parker spurs fan... Could have left Charlton for Tottenham but because he was a money whore went to Chelsea instead

Still we tried to rescue him from his non playing nightmare at Chelsea by letting him play for his boyhood club... So he went to Newcastle... because he's a money whore...

Then we got redknapp and he just dished out money to old people..so we got Parker on fortunes who turned around a lot.....

Parker is as much a spurs fan as ray parlor.

Strange decision.

And I'd forgotten about wet spam hahaha. What Joker.

Scott Parker spurs fan... Could have left Charlton for Tottenham but because he was a money whore went to Chelsea instead

Still we tried to rescue him from his non playing nightmare at Chelsea by letting him play for his boyhood club... So he went to Newcastle... because he's a money whore...

Then we got redknapp and he just dished out money to old people..so we got Parker on fortunes who turned around a lot.....

Strange decision.

Sol Campbells dad was a season ticket holder and Campbell grew up Spurs.

Shock horror players don't always spend their lives at their boyhood club.

Welcome back Scotty - 2011 was my first season regularly going. He was the glue that held the team together and was the perfect partner for Modric.

Strange decision.

I'm a Spurs fan... and I'VE never even PLAYED for us!
Doesn't make me any less of a Spurs fan though, does it?

For what it's worth, when we were first in for him, we were a bit ropey, and Chelsea were very much in their ascendancy!
At least he didn't go to ArseAnal when he had the chance... they were in for him too at the time, if hazy memory serves correctly!

Strange decision.

He might be the perfect youth team coach - but it's strange he's also a Club Ambassador, he only played 1 and half seasons for us.

He joined Chelsea In Jan 2004 as the Abramovich money era started and went on to win the title in his first season. At the same time we had just sacked Hoddle and were hedging our bets on Frenchman Santini after finishing 14th, and then saw Santini walk out shortly before he went to Chelsea. Yet he should have shown the finger to Chelsea, their bigger wages and far greater chances of trophies? Get real.

He might be the perfect youth team coach - but it's strange he's also a Club Ambassador, he only played 1 and half seasons for us.
Parker is a big name in English football, proven last week when he announced his retirement, so many other team's supporters and clubs come out and acknowledged his career etc. because of this profile he will carry far more attention. The ambassador element will use's that attention and profile, in turn it will keep Parker's name front and centre too and not have him disappear into obscurity whilst coaching an U18's side (useful if you want a job as a Manager), I'd call it a handy arrangement. I'd also guess that he will no doubt be on more money than our current academy coaches (many are part time roles anyway), the ambassador element will justify the increase in pay.

i think it's important to get ex-players back for these kind of roles in the club. shows that there's a foundational belief in the club and it encourages current players to take more pride.

parker was such a boss. we're still missing a bit of his mentality in the squad and having him back again feels great.

i think it's important to get ex-players back for these kind of roles in the club. shows that there's a foundational belief in the club and it encourages current players to take more pride.

parker was such a boss. we're still missing a bit of his mentality in the squad and having him back again feels great.

I don't think we miss his mentality.

We have players like Alli, Jan, Rose and Dier who are ever as bullheaded as Parker ever was. Not to add vastly better player, doing well in a vastly better side. Parker would barely get in our first XVIII today.

Still, a great guy and looks like he could have a decent coach in him. Good move for the academy

We have players like Alli, Jan, Rose and Dier who are ever as bullheaded as Parker ever was. Not to add vastly better player, doing well in a vastly better side. Parker would barely get in our first XVIII today.

Still, a great guy and looks like he could have a decent coach in him. Good move for the academy

Underestimating Super Scott in terms of ability AND mentality/commitment.

Comparing the spirit of Parker vs Jan is pretty laughable for starters. I'd say we currently don't have anyone to individually match him on that basis.

Very few could....

We're talking about a guy prepared to point blank 'tackle' a foot with his head!!!!

Underestimating Super Scott in terms of ability AND mentality/commitment.

Comparing the spirit of Parker vs Jan is pretty laughable for starters. I'd say we currently don't have anyone to individually match him on that basis.

Very few could....

We're talking about a guy prepared to point blank 'tackle' a foot with his head!!!!

Yeh but your not going to find many others like him, compared to players around in the Prem at the moment he was like an even more energetic Kante, with much bigger balls and ferocity.

He was West Ham United for a few seasons, I remember a few of their fans calling the club Scott Parker United, a young Parker today would be worth a fuck load of money.

:parker:

1340134374112.gif

He joined Chelsea In Jan 2004 as the Abramovich money era started and went on to win the title in his first season. At the same time we had just sacked Hoddle and were hedging our bets on Frenchman Santini after finishing 14th, and then saw Santini walk out shortly before he went to Chelsea. Yet he should have shown the finger to Chelsea, their bigger wages and far greater chances of trophies? Get real.
I think I would've chosen Chelsea above Spurs at that point in both our histories!

But we're not asking him to play.. . We've signed him as a coach.
He probably wouldn't get into our first team squad today...
But since when did the best players make the best managers...?
Ferguson, Wenger, Mourihno... bang average players, yet you can't doubt their credentials as Managers/Coaches!

I reckon Parker has a decent future as a coach... whether it's with us or not remains to be seen... but he's definitely got what it takes to get the best out of players.

Anyone who thinks Parker (the one back then) wouldn't get into our team now - go back and look at his highlights.

He's the epitome of a Poch player. Chased down opposing players, didn't give up, didn't stay down, didn't back off, didn't shy away from a tackle, had aggression and would smash through players.

He was so effective at his job, little cunts like Suarez spent their time trying to elbow him in the face, kick him in the ribs and stamp on his head just to try and make him relent. What did he do? Got straight back up and worked twice as hard.

Yeh but your not going to find many others like him, compared to players around in the Prem at the moment he was like an even more energetic Kante, with much bigger balls and ferocity.

He was West Ham United for a few seasons, I remember a few of their fans calling the club Scott Parker United, a young Parker today would be worth a fuck load of money.

I agree entirely, which is why I contradicted the prior post.

Back
Top Bottom