I Fucking Love Scott Parker!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love that not only is Scott Parker a Spurs fan... he also understands what being thrust into the spotlight at an early age feels like.

The fact he's calling time on TWENTY years of professional football, and he's still 'only' 36 speaks volumes for how he's looked after and conducted himself... not to mention the shining example he can set to the next generation of Spurs youngsters.

Also, whilst an accomplished player for us, he was never 'the star turn' ...he knows how to motivate others around him, without wanting to hog the limelight himself.

Ardiles and Hoddle were two of the very best players we had... and they both made lousy managers!

I'd rather an ex-player who worked just under the radar, and has earned respect from the example he sets, rather than the reputation before him.

Scott Parker exemplifies everything our club is about right now, and hopefully well into the future....

A perfect appointment on pretty much every level. Welcome Home Scotty!

Really like this bit from McDermott on the club website:
“I know how passionately Scott feels about the personal qualities Mauricio needs from players to be a success in our first team and I know he will develop these qualities in our players on and off the training pitch.”

Whenever he speaks he always makes reference to the first team and Poch. Always gives the feeling of being accademy connected with first team.

Fook me.... Imagine a young Parker under Poch!

My favour Spurs defensive midfielder, above Sandro, Waynama etc. Never seen a player with so much energy other than maybe Owen Hardgreaves, was unlucky at Chavs to go there when they had Makele and Essien in their prime, was good at Newcastle and to be fair brilliant at West Ham and brilliant for us for two seasons.

Only problem with his style of play is it doesn't do well close and beyond the 30's. Him and Modric in the middle was for me the best central midfield combination I have witnessed at our club and yes I include Waynama and Dembele in that.

A travesty he didn't get lots of England caps, Lampard and Gerrard never worked, Parker was a proper high energy disciplined midfielder and should have got in for team balance but our England managers where crap and never looked for midfield balance.

That he is now with us is good, he will be a great ambassador for our club, welcome back Scotty.

Love Scott.....changed the whole "don't worry lads it's only Tottenham" soft belly reputation we had for ten years.
Really pleased by this news

People of an older generation may remember a better tackler at the club but his speed, work rate, fast feet and brutal tackling meant I don't think I saw any attackers even the best own him during his time. It didn't matter who it was if Parker was your marker you lost the ball.

Love Scott.....changed the whole "don't worry lads it's only Tottenham" soft belly reputation we had for ten years.
Really pleased by this news

Gotta give Palacios a little love here too...

Never the greatest player, but he had the grit and energy that we desperately lacked and I don't think our 1st CL qualification happens without him. Pretty fucking good away at AC the following year too (Epic Game!).

Gotta give Palacios a little love here too...

Never the greatest player, but he had the grit and energy that we desperately lacked and I don't think our 1st CL qualification happens without him. Pretty fucking good away at AC the following year too (Epic Game!).
Yep that debut against Woolwich......he was clattering them all over the pitch...the days when 0-0 at home was a decent result against them.
Modric missed a one in one sitter in injury time too

Great to have him back. Nice to have the link back to 'his' side that was an utter joy to watch, but more pleased to see someone with his work ethic, professionalism and attitude working with the younger players. Loved him in the VDV team... that should have won much more than it did.

Getting Scotty P and Adebayor in 11/12 was one of the few times Redknapp was right in demanding a pair of experienced PL pros. Those 2 opening losses to City and Utd weren't great however showed we needed something more and we certainly got that.

Getting Scotty P and Adebayor in 11/12 was one of the few times Redknapp was right in demanding a pair of experienced PL pros. Those 2 opening losses to City and Utd weren't great however showed we needed something more and we certainly got that.

Ade on loan with a point to prove was a great signing...

Giving him a permanent contract... Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Back
Top Bottom