I Fucking Love Scott Parker!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flannerz said:
We need to be careful with Parker, he runs himself into the ground most games. Sandro needs to play a bit more so Parker doesn't fade in the second part of the season

He played 40 games for West Ham last season. I think he'll be alright ;-)

Flannerz said:
We need to be careful with Parker, he runs himself into the ground most games. Sandro needs to play a bit more so Parker doesn't fade in the second part of the season

Scott Parker fade lol he'd have to be human to do that

Scott Parker doesnt run himself into the ground becuase the ground runs in to him - and bounces off.

Not the best I admit

Spanish Spur said:
Flannerz said:

He had to carry ten donkeys in those 40 games, it can't have been good for him :D

Flannerz said:
Spanish Spur said:
Flannerz said:

He had to carry ten donkeys in those 40 games, it can't have been good for him :D

Scott Parker played 40 games carrying 10 donkeys on his back and still won player of the year lol

drwinston001 said:
Sibs said:
The way he is playing I think it's entirely possible that he could win player of the season again.

Has anybody won it back to back? I can't say I've ever paid too much attention

David Silva would be his closest competition at the moment I'd say.

David Silva or RVP right now

“I would like to take this opportunity to formally announce my retirement from playing professional football. The decision to retire has not been an easy one for me but having thought long and hard over it, and having discussed it with those closest to me, I believe that now is the right time to move on to the next chapter in my life and career.

“When I started my career at Charlton Athletic all those years ago I could only have dreamt at that time just what was to follow over the next two decades. I feel incredibly honoured and proud to have enjoyed the career that I have and I've loved every moment of it.

“I have enjoyed so many incredible moments during my career. From making my first team debut at Charlton, to playing regularly in the Premier League, playing in the Champions League to then playing in a major tournament for England, as well as ultimately fulfilling a lifelong dream by captaining my country. There are just too many highlights to mention.”

“I would like to thank everyone at Charlton Athletic, Norwich City, Chelsea, Newcastle United, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham for the unbelievable support that I've been shown throughout my time at each and every one of the club's I've been proud to represent.

Thank you to the fans of all of the clubs that I've been lucky enough to play for. Your support has meant everything to me and you've supported me throughout all of the ups and downs during my career. I hope I was able to repay the faith shown in me by my commitment and performances on the pitch.

“I would like to thank all of my teammates over the course of my career as well as the coaches and managers that I've played under. I've learnt a huge amount from everyone that I've worked with that I have no doubt will hugely benefit me in my next career chapter.”

and most importantly, I would like to thank my family for all of their unconditional love and support throughout. My wife Carly, and all of her family, and our sons Frankie, Murphy, Sonny and Rafa have been there for me through everything and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. Thank you too to my Mum and Dad, who I hope I've made proud. Without them all nothing would have been possible.”

When I was a boy I dreamt of becoming a professional football player and I feel very honoured to have accomplished my dream. I have always tried to set high standards on and off the pitch. I hope most of all throughout my career I have been a good role model not only to my sons but also to all of my teammates who played with me as well as all those who supported me.

“I'm now looking forward to the next chapter of my life and career and hope to make an announcement soon with regards to what that will be.”

#Legend

“I would like to take this opportunity to formally announce my retirement from playing professional football. The decision to retire has not been an easy one for me but having thought long and hard over it, and having discussed it with those closest to me, I believe that now is the right time to move on to the next chapter in my life and career.

“When I started my career at Charlton Athletic all those years ago I could only have dreamt at that time just what was to follow over the next two decades. I feel incredibly honoured and proud to have enjoyed the career that I have and I've loved every moment of it.

“I have enjoyed so many incredible moments during my career. From making my first team debut at Charlton, to playing regularly in the Premier League, playing in the Champions League to then playing in a major tournament for England, as well as ultimately fulfilling a lifelong dream by captaining my country. There are just too many highlights to mention.”

“I would like to thank everyone at Charlton Athletic, Norwich City, Chelsea, Newcastle United, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham for the unbelievable support that I've been shown throughout my time at each and every one of the club's I've been proud to represent.

Thank you to the fans of all of the clubs that I've been lucky enough to play for. Your support has meant everything to me and you've supported me throughout all of the ups and downs during my career. I hope I was able to repay the faith shown in me by my commitment and performances on the pitch.

“I would like to thank all of my teammates over the course of my career as well as the coaches and managers that I've played under. I've learnt a huge amount from everyone that I've worked with that I have no doubt will hugely benefit me in my next career chapter.”

and most importantly, I would like to thank my family for all of their unconditional love and support throughout. My wife Carly, and all of her family, and our sons Frankie, Murphy, Sonny and Rafa have been there for me through everything and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. Thank you too to my Mum and Dad, who I hope I've made proud. Without them all nothing would have been possible.”

When I was a boy I dreamt of becoming a professional football player and I feel very honoured to have accomplished my dream. I have always tried to set high standards on and off the pitch. I hope most of all throughout my career I have been a good role model not only to my sons but also to all of my teammates who played with me as well as all those who supported me.

“I'm now looking forward to the next chapter of my life and career and hope to make an announcement soon with regards to what that will be.”

#Legend

His kids named after teammates

Frankie = Lampard?
Sonny = Hueng-Min Son :sonhmm:
Murphy = Danny Murphy?
Rafa = VDV?

:parker: Good luck to Scotty P, hope he takes his coaching badges and becomes more than a PFM.

Enjoy your well earned retirement, Scotty!

A giant amongst men.

Proud to have called him Yido...

Would have loved to have seen him at the WHL farewell.

Never got the recognition in the game that he deserved.

EPL poty in a relegated WH team tells you all you need to know.

Shoulda had years as England stalwart and captain too (whilst 'we' ignorantly fumbled about trying to work out who should play alongside the like of Gerrard, Lamport and Scholes), but his time at Chavs (and subsequent time with Newcastle & WH) left him on the bench and then in a wilderness of being a quality defensive player being obscured by being in defensively poor teams.

Travesty really.

Damn, you quoted me before i corrected the misspelling of Avram's name.
Its a well known story in Hammers circles.Its over his sacking.
They were at an away game and Brady sacked Grant immediatly after the match finished.
She then told him to make his own way home(it was up north,i think)
Scott Parker got wind of it and said to her ,if he don't get on the coach none of us do.
Heard this many times, so believe it to be true.

Damn, you quoted me before i corrected the misspelling of Avram's name.
Its a well known story in Hammers circles.Its over his sacking.
They were at an away game and Brady sacked Grant immediatly after the match finished.
She then told him to make his own way home(it was up north,i think)
Scott Parker got wind of it and said to her ,if he don't get on the coach none of us do.
Heard this many times, so believe it to be true.

As much as that highlights the clubs complete lack of class, It speaks even higher of SP.... The average player wouldn't have give a fuck.

Back
Top Bottom