If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Watford, Villa and Brighton all publicly oppose. I think we can pretty much include West Ham given Brady’s past statements. Only takes three more clubs and given that mid-table teams would be risking the health of their staff and players for nothing I think we can be sure this neutral venue idea is a non-starter.

Dear Season Ticket Holders,
We understand that the season being cancelled and no ST refunds is disappointing, so as a gesture of goodwill, we are offering a £1 voucher for your next purchase* at the megastore.

Yours Sincerely
:levystare:

*of over £250, upon renewal of your season ticket, which shall be increased by a very reasonable 25%.

Well...

Dynamo Dresden, who play in the second tier of German Football, have put their entire squad and coaching staff into two-week isolation after two players tested positive for coronavirus.

The Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 are due to restart on Saturday, 16 May.

It is set to be the first European league to restart following the coronavirus shutdown.

Dear Season Ticket Holders,
We understand that the season being cancelled and no ST refunds is disappointing, so as a gesture of goodwill, we are offering a £1 voucher for your next purchase* at the megastore.

Yours Sincerely
:levystare:

*of over £250, upon renewal of your season ticket, which shall be increased by a very reasonable 25%.
Would be defended on here no doubt

Another nail for this season.

The PL are risking their credibility and some of their fanbase.

It is a real shame for Liverpool but that's how it is but this virus has to be respected.

I say void the season, with positions as they were.

How else can it be resolved without jeopardising the lives of people.

Another nail for this season.

The PL are risking their credibility and some of their fanbase.

It is a real shame for Liverpool but that's how it is but this virus has to be respected.

I say void the season, with positions as they were.

How else can it be resolved without jeopardising the lives of people.

It is likely go the Ligue 1 route. Finish the season where it is, declare Liverpool champions and relegate the current bottom three.

I have no doubt that Brighton and West Ham want to avoid a run in either way if they can. They prefer safe passage to next season and if ending the season now does that, they will take it. There are probably 12-13 clubs who will take finishing the season as it is with adjustments for games in hand. Only 14 needed to carry that motion. Aston Villa should want to play again, because they could be relegated by default (even with their game in hand).

clubs are not going to make a “moral” decision about this - only a self interested one

Last edited:
I’ve got little sympathy with the teams concerned about being in the bottom three right now. They could have all been less shit for the first 30 matches and they wouldn’t have this problem.

Back
Top Bottom