I'll be happy with fourth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Smoked Salmon

Finest human being of all time
Said this at the beginning of the season.

Not worried to much about 3rd or about finishing above the scum. It's losing out on fourth that would be the true disaster.

Am I gutted? Absolutely. I want 3rd and want to see those goon fuckers shove their St. Totteringham Day as far up their anuses as they can. But, in the cold, hard, light of day, I think that finishing in the top four twice in three seasons is still major progress when you look at our record 15-20 years prior.

Lose fourth, and that's when we really have failed in our season objectives.

Now, last season we gave up in the league at this point in the season and it unquestionably cost us fourth. No European games this time (although there are, of course, FA Cup games to replace them). SO, are we beginning to see the start of a capitulation? Or are our efforts against Man U and in the second half today evidence that we still have the quality we've just had some bad luck after the Scumerates game?

4th and fa cup final will do for me, that said I just want to finish higher than those cunt for once too.

Thing is if we get sucked into the 4th place battle proper it becomes a lottery, we could end up with fuck all.
I don't want the drama and nail biting torture of it all.

Things were south nicer a fortnight ago, how did this shit happen

With the games we've got left, as long as we stop playing like dick heads third is still well within reach.

Would rather go without the rigmarole of having to qualifying for the group stages of the CL, and we could do without the games too. Still that said, I'd still be happy with forth but third is ours to fuck up.

I'd only be happy with 4th if we lost third to Chelski or got the FA Cup.

We need to get one over the scum somehow this year; I know we've lost three on the bounce but it is still our best opportunity.

we wouldn't hear the last of it if we fucked this up from the scum down the road, still it's about time we won the FA cup again so it wouldnt be tragic getting 4th and the cup but knowing we was 3rd almost all year it would be like 2005/06 again.

At this point the FA Cup is a must win in my opinion. 3rd or 4th, above or below those scum bastards will do honestly. I'm more worried about our form instead of their place. We are a top 4 team, so let's stay there.

all im concerned about is the fact that since trunk started posing them stupid songs we have gone from bad to worse!! maybe the players do watch their twitter feeds! coys

we wont win the FA cup.playing the mish mash of reserves and bit part players is why we have played shit/average for the past 5 games.

Pick one of these three options:
a) Place fourth, and win the cup... but Woolwich take third.
b) Place third, get knocked out of the cup in the next round, Woolwich finish 4th?
c) Place third, not cup, but Newcastle have an incredible run, and finish fourth.

Martin_Jol_loves_me said:
C!

I would 100% pick C, I think that's obvious. Am I alone on this?!
No, I think "A" is great. Winning a cup in another year when le Arse win nothing? That's great!

But "C" I think is amazing. For le Arse to not only finish below us, but to finish outside of the CL entirely? That's amazing. Personally, I have very little against Newcastle. I'd much rather see them in the last CL spot behind spurs than le Arse, Chelsea, or Liverpool.

May seem small time, but no moreso than when Arsene said that "4th is a trophy," but for Spurs, finishing above Woolwich, cunts they may be, and not deserving of our scorn, but it's very much a "trophy."

SanDiegoYiddo said:
Pick one of these three options:
a) Place fourth, and win the cup... but Woolwich take third.
b) Place third, get knocked out of the cup in the next round, Woolwich finish 4th?
c) Place third, not cup, but Newcastle have an incredible run, and finish fourth.

I think it's A, no doubt. I don't want to be behind that scum, but if we took the cup, I could tolerate it knowing we won something and they couldn't. With that being said, let's combine A and C and take the Cup, 3rd, and Newcastle come out of nowhere! (Living in a fantasy world, I know.)

Close call between a and c for me, but the trophy helps a just shade it. Don't forget that we'd still have to play the CL qualifiers if we get 4th and as we all know with Spurs, it's never beyond us to balls it up.

In any case, it could well be none of the above if we don't fucking buck up and Harry keeps it simple.

I really want to see us finish 3rd. I want tangible signs of improvement.

If Woolwich finish above us having had their worst premier league season ever and we only just get 4th ahead of Chelsea's worst Premier league season ever, I dont see that as a massive success.

I could see this happening and us getting 3rd by 1 points.
Scum
H - Newcastle - 2-1
A - Everton - 1-0
H - Aston Villa - 3-1
A - QPR - 0-2
H - Man City - 1-2
A - Wolves - 0-2
H - Chelsea - 1-1
A - Stoke - 0-1
H - Norwich - 3-2
A - W.B.A - 0-2
24 points