I'm gay. I'm having a ticket over you!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I did explain my point after that, there is a point of context about the fact some people are happy being 'yids' but when it comes to gay people, the same feeling that they should be defended is simply not there. Yet both have had more than their fair share of persecution and both follow Spurs.

The stupid thing here is that instead of focussing on why there is a good case for an LGBT flag to be up in the ground, it would be massively helpful to know for sure why did the Cypriot flag go, I can't answer for the club, it might be worth someone asking Donna Cullen because I'm pretty sure the answer is that 'we like gays more than cypriots', well I sincerley hope it isn't.
Fair enough :)

I would also like to know why the Cypriot flag was removed.Woolwich removed flags ,mainly to avoid confrontation between Turks and Greeks(all other flags suffered as well as a result) Hope we are not going down that route.I ,as a kid.Loved the fact that we had so many people from elsewhere supporting us, but at the same time being very London.It would be a shame if others feel they can't fly their flags anymore

Last edited:
Fair enough :)

I would also like to know why the Cypriot flag was removed.Woolwich removed flags ,mainly to avoid confrontation between Turks and Greeks(all other flags suffered as well as a result) Hope we are not going down that route.I ,as a kid.Loved the fact that we had so many opeople from elsewhere supportibng us, but at the same time being very London.It would be a shame if others feel they can't fly their flags anymore

I think blaming the LGBT for removing the Cypriot flag is not a fair point as I doubt very much they marched in there and demanded it be removed. Not saying you are saying this but it's definitely the clubs fault here and not this specific supporter group who shouldn't be criticized for it.

I hope the LGBT members and Marley Bishop know that they are privileged to be the "chosen subjects" during the international break

Only 9 more days guys..... have we discussed the fabric used in the flag yet......??

:pochfacepalm:

I hope the LGBT members and Marley Bishop know that they are privileged to be the "chosen subjects" during the international break

Only 9 more days guys..... have we discussed the fabric used in the flag yet......??

:pochfacepalm:

Obviously silk with a velvet underlay.

Offers that shimmer and soft touch, but durability in the harsher conditions.

I just assumed the Cypriot flag started batting for the other side?

the sex off a person has never been an issue with the sport. There are gay football teams out there which pisses me off for the same reasons as womens football and that they won't let me join because I'm a straight man. I know homophobia is an issue in football and it's good that measures are being made, however creating memberships just for gay people is pathetic. It feels like the club are openly heterophobic. We all know that 1 in 10 people are gay, so can we just accept that there are 3 gay people on the pitch and at the Lane there are 3,600 gay people and stop obsessing over it because Sky Sports have become obsessed over the fact that there are no openly gay players in the Premier League.

I just assumed the Cypriot flag started batting for the other side?

the sex off a person has never been an issue with the sport. There are gay football teams out there which pisses me off for the same reasons as womens football and that they won't let me join because I'm a straight man. I know homophobia is an issue in football and it's good that measures are being made, however creating memberships just for gay people is pathetic. It feels like the club are openly heterophobic. We all know that 1 in 10 people are gay, so can we just accept that there are 3 gay people on the pitch and at the Lane there are 3,600 gay people and stop obsessing over it because Sky Sports have become obsessed over the fact that there are no openly gay players in the Premier League.
Its just a generational thing. We're currently midway between the last bigoted generation and the first truly liberal, free, multicultural, accepting of all kinds colours and creeds generation.

I feel like its an argument thats not even worth having. Give it a few years and most of the people that grew up believing it was wrong to be gay will have died out. As long as the rest of us spread the message of acceptance there'll be a change. Its just societal evolution.

Its the same with equal rights for women, its all well and good arguing for equal rights NOW, but it'll happen. You only have to go back 60 years to when women gays and basically anyone that wasnt a straight white male was looked down upon.

Last edited:
This whole argument is ridiculous.
What's worse is that someone has made such a stink up on twitter arguing against it that they felt they owed the world an explanation article. And then published it on the cuntiest spurs site imaginable.

This whole argument is ridiculous.
What's worse is that someone has made such a stink up on twitter arguing against it that they felt they owed the world an explanation article. And then published it on the cuntiest spurs site imaginable.
I had a good laugh when i realised that guy was a fully grown man. An actual fucking adult. still tickles me now tbh. Imagine being an adult and tweeting all that shit... then making a fucking press release to have to prove to everyone you're not a homophobe.
Fully. Grown. Man.

Back
Top Bottom