In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it's true, my money is on Luis Enrique
If it's true, my money is on Luis Enrique.
tumblr_o0tdd1xWcP1qlzef1o1_400.gif

No international manager including Southgate who was crap at club level. Not sure if many ex international managers do well going into club management. Scholari didn’t last long at chavs. Defo not yogi low.
best bet is from list everyone seems to agree on Nag, Hag, Pot or Rodgers maybe scotty at a push. 5 managers there with history with rivals and all good coaches which is what we need now after 18 months of any coaching and progressive thinking.

I can make an argument for Southgate - not sure I agree with it, but I can see why Levy might go for him: does well with Kane on internationals; doesn’t give away too many ridiculous goals (despite having Maguire in the CB position); knows the England set up so will be able to push out HG youth into Spurs team + England and so on. He also won’t talk about cheese or seagulls or egos at pressers.

IIRC - didn’t he have two reasonable seasons at Middlesbrough before they were relegated?

Me too but only 1 standout name for me Graham Potter anyone?
What's this Geezer achieved then. And are we likely to be battling the likes of Bayer Munich, Man utd, or any of the other "Super 12" for his services?

I guess if you want Spurs to be some kind of beefed up Sothampton / Brighton like training academy to feed the big boys then this could be yer man.

If you want Spurs to start finally winning stuff and attracting top players I don't quite see the lure of this Potter bloke.

What's this Geezer achieved then. And are we likely to be battling the likes of Bayer Munich, Man utd, or any of the other "Super 12" for his services?

I guess if you want Spurs to be some kind of beefed up Sothampton / Brighton like training academy to feed the big boys then this could be yer man.

If you want Spurs to start finally winning stuff and attracting top players I don't quite see the lure of this Potter bloke.
same could be said for Poch though John, and look how that turned out, if only Levy had backed him when it was needed who knows what we would have achieved.

It was ages ago, true, i just don’t know if he is very good. I was surprised by his appointment to Belgium. That suggests he has the talk at least which makes him a likely candidate because Levy is often sold on that.
I'm not the biggest fan of his football (it is possession based tbf, but not as extravagant as I think a lot of Tottenham fans would want). But if we work on his 2018 world cup tactics (I posted a video a few pages back) we do have a few players that would suit that system rather well.

The big question marks is with our CBs if we went that route.

Back
Top Bottom