In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

202m pounds net spend on transfers alone in the past 5 years. Same as us.

So not 250 million then and looking at the players nobody really big at all. Neal Maupay is their biggest purchase for 20m.

That seems to show how useless looking at net spend is as the only reason they are close to us is that they have nobody of quality to sell.

Look at the team they are not talented at all. Watch them play you see what Potter does and how easily it could translate to success with a bigger club and better players.

It is pathetic and laughable how fast people want to dismiss him without watching what actually happens.

Brighton have won 10 games in 16 months, I really hope Potter's results are indicative of making a low quality side try and play high quality football and that he isn't just shithouse ... otherwise we could end up with a total lemon of a manager

Son has done well in a press under Poch. He has the work rate, intelligence and ability to do well. GLC in MF is perfect for a press, he is very quick and able to get up quickly on defenders. He also is good and the in close tackles as well.

Bergwijn has the ability to press if he is playing on RW. PEH is also someone perfectly suited to press in MF, probably actually the role he should be used in more than being a traditional DM, he work rate and willingness to run all day would fit well with in a pressing system, especially if directed better on how/when to press in a coordinated manner so he wasn't the only one doing it like he often does now.

Bale probably doesn't work well under this system, but I doubt he is here next year anyways. Alli could if he put effort into it, but like Bale I think he is gone.

Guys like Lamela, Moura both can press, but hopefully are gone.

The reason guys run that long, which is obviously vastly overrated by you, has nothing to do with our inability to press.
PEH and Moura are the only 2 who press in our current team.
Son has not pressed for 2 seasons.
We have a squad now that are not prepared or can't be bothered to work hard enough to win back the ball.

PEH and Moura are the only 2 who press in our current team.
Son has not pressed for 2 seasons.
We have a squad now that are not prepared or can't be bothered to work hard enough to win back the ball.

Has Son not pressed because he can't or isn't asked to?

GLC can definitely press, Lamela can definitely press.

I know that your thing is to run down all the players and talk about how dogshit they all are but if you are just going to lie or ignore things then what is the point of even responding?

Good.

Not that I believed the rumours to begin with, and the fact that it seems like he must of been negotiating with Roma makes sense why there were a ton of rumours coming from Italy (and Sarri's camp) only about his interest from Tottenham.

Has Son not pressed because he can't or isn't asked to?

GLC can definitely press, Lamela can definitely press.

I know that your thing is to run down all the players and talk about how dogshit they all are but if you are just going to lie or ignore things then what is the point of even responding?
OK I bow to your superior Knowledge but just watching us play and the last 2 seasons results we have achieved tells us all exactly how good this squad is.
Supporters like you will accept any old shit that the team serves up and put a positive spin on things while people like me will not accept the shit we are being served up.

Seeeen sc saying levy aint got money and we must lower expectations.

That's been said for a while now, and it is going to include player transfers as well.

What is the other side of the equation though is what is the cost to the club of not being in a European competition. Clearly, spending a lot on a manager isn't a guarantee of success, but spending a little more on a better manager may be well worth it if it could be the difference between being in Europe or not.

OK I bow to your superior Knowledge but just watching us play and the last 2 seasons results we have achieved tells us all exactly how good this squad is.
Supporters like you will accept any old shit that the team serves up and put a positive spin on things while people like me will not accept the shit we are being served up.

This is the same shit you always do when called out on your BS is make shit up.

Supporters like me? I have called out the team for not being good enough, got shit on plenty here for saying players aren't good enough. I am not accepting anything. Just because I don't think every player we have is shit does not mean I am accepting whatever they give us.

How is saying that we have players that would work in a press putting a positive spin on anything? It is stating my opinion on how they could play in a specific system.

I know it is my fault for repeatedly banging my head against the wall with you and I should just move on and ignore, but it might be worth it for you try to and read what is said rather than just making up the argument to fit the narrative you want to push.

This is the same shit you always do when called out on your BS is make shit up.

Supporters like me? I have called out the team for not being good enough, got shit on plenty here for saying players aren't good enough. I am not accepting anything. Just because I don't think every player we have is shit does not mean I am accepting whatever they give us.

How is saying that we have players that would work in a press putting a positive spin on anything? It is stating my opinion on how they could play in a specific system.

I know it is my fault for repeatedly banging my head against the wall with you and I should just move on and ignore, but it might be worth it for you try to and read what is said rather than just making up the argument to fit the narrative you want to push.
The vast majority of the squad lack the basics in football which is you have got to win the right to play( ie get the better of your direct opponent).
How many of the current squad are willing to do this in games that really matter?
Game after game these shithouse players do not stand up and be counted ( last 4 finals no goals scored).
Yesterday was like watching a division 2 team against City we hardly strung 4 passes together during the entire game.
The first half yesterday I think we actually saw the ball up at our end of the stadium 3 or 4 times.
The ironic cheers when we actually got a corner in the first half was very telling.
We have a shit squad and have needed a massive clear out for at least 2 years but idiots like you will continue to bury your head in the sand.

The vast majority of the squad lack the basics in football which is you have got to win the right to play( ie get the better of your direct opponent).
How many of the current squad are willing to do this in games that really matter?
Game after game these shithouse players do not stand up and be counted ( last 4 finals no goals scored).
Yesterday was like watching a division 2 team against City we hardly strung 4 passes together during the entire game.
The first half yesterday I think we actually saw the ball up at our end of the stadium 3 or 4 times.
The ironic cheers when we actually got a corner in the first half was very telling.
We have a shit squad and have needed a massive clear out for at least 2 years but idiots like you will continue to bury your head in the sand.

What does the last 4 finals have to do with this squad? Barely any of them have played in more than one and none have played in more than 2 of them?

And no the vast majority of the squad do not lack the basics in football. That is complete shit.

Yes yesterday sucked and showed the gap in talent between us and City, it was not close to a division 2 team though, again more needless hyperbole.

LOL

I have said we need a massive clear out, said it all over this site but idiots like you will ignore so they can rant about the BS narrative they have made up in theirs heads.

What does the last 4 finals have to do with this squad? Barely any of them have played in more than one and none have played in more than 2 of them?

And no the vast majority of the squad do not lack the basics in football. That is complete shit.

Yes yesterday sucked and showed the gap in talent between us and City, it was not close to a division 2 team though, again more needless hyperbole.

LOL

I have said we need a massive clear out, said it all over this site but idiots like you will ignore so they can rant about the BS narrative they have made up in theirs heads.
Your making the mistake of using facts wave your arms around a bit and talk about passion 😒

LOL

Chelsea 2015 Lloris Kane and Dier all started with Lamela on the bench.
Liverpool 2019 -Lloris Toby Sissoko Winks Alli son and Kane all started with Lamela Dier Aurier Sanchez and Moura on the bench.
I take it you were not at any of the games because your knowledge of Spurs is shit.
League 2 Cheltenham town gave City a far better game in the 4th round of the fa cup this season than we did yesterday.
You are a fucking idiot

Fonseca could be an interesting outside choice for us. His style of play is similar to what we want, and he is used to playing in Europe. Not sure how he'd fare with a team not entirely composed of guys eligible for the national pension plan, but he's maybe at least worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom