In the end it’s not a bad year!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair even I and I'm sure many other spurs fans wouldnt have thought the season would go the way it did. With no major upgrades in the summer and Kane looking on his way out, it was unlikely wed jump from 7th to 4th.

Romero?

Are we allowing the neigh sayers to post here?
th

Indeed not a bad year - this is the first time I have ever woken up after the last day of the season and not thought damn no spurs for 3 months! It has been such an emotionally draining season I need a rest !! There are some fantastic moments that would make it a memorable season - away days at Leicester Man City Liverpool Leeds and villa were glorious days/nights - both home games against the hammers and of course the NLD and then confirming champ lge football put it right up there as the reason I love being a yid!
A bit of rest to savour the season then the fixtures are out in 3,weeks and our next prem game is 10 weeks Saturday !!
One request to levy the season starts 6th august can we please get any transfer business done before then and not wait till the end of the window just to save a few quid. COYS

With all the noise about 4th, and Sonny's Golden Boot, I'd kinda forgotten that Hugo had is best ever 'Clean sheet' season for us .... I know he's conceded fewer goals before, but 16 CS means that definitely 16 games we COULDN'T lose... And that's a vital ingredient in what's helped achieve 4th place!

Hats off to Sonny....
Gloves off to Hugo...
Shoes off, if you hate Arse-nal!!!!

With all the noise about 4th, and Sonny's Golden Boot, I'd kinda forgotten that Hugo had is best ever 'Clean sheet' season for us .... I know he's conceded fewer goals before, but 16 CS means that definitely 16 games we COULDN'T lose... And that's a vital ingredient in what's helped achieve 4th place!

Hats off to Sonny....
Gloves off to Hugo...
Shoes off, if you hate Arse-nal!!!!
It's bonkers that this is one of our best seasons in terms of clean sheets given the kind of start we had, shipping 3 goals to anyone and everyone.

Good sign of things to come under Conte. He's doing what Mourinho promised us he'd do, and we're getting some entertaining football too.

Not ONE single solitary vote for us to finish 4th.... Out of TWENTY 'experts'???

GOOD! Makes it even more Fucking hilariously sweet!

Tbf I don't think anyone saw United fucking imploding the way they did, especially when on paper they strengthened a fair bit

Just shows how important the intangibles off football are with player mentally and backroom togetherness

Yep
Dunno about what a time to be alive but definitely what a time to be a yid!
Face is aching from nearly a week of this massive grin stuck on my face - Gonna be a great summer though come august I’m sure this place will be its usual self when we “only” get a draw at Anfield!

Not to loud, but let it be whispered throughout the land - there is some optimism again at the lane, the evils of Maureen have been washed away and hope happiness and some entertainment returned!

It's been a fucking great year!

Mourinho sucked the life out of the club, then Nuno did whatever it is he supposedly did. Even with Conte joining we were looking out of sorts.

I fully expected us to finish behind the gooners and Spam, with Conte and Kane making a sharp exit at the next opportunity.

Suddenly it has all been turned around. Son getting the golden boot was the icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom