Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Whoever comes in over the summer will have quite an easy benchmark to improve against. Could very easily be our lowest points total in well over a decade - i.e. prior to Redknapp. Well done ENIC!

All down to Levy and ENIC 100%. Undid the great work they did with the stadium etc, by completely fucking up the playing team and not improving when we should of, utter disgrace.

That's where I differ to others. I don't see 4 top 4 finishes I a row and a decade of qualifying for European competition as a let down. I'm realistic that we are the 6th biggest team and we've been punching.

As someone mentioned, our wage bill is in line with exactly where we are in the league at present. It depends on how you see it. A trophy or two are lacking yes but I still stand by my belief that with mega rich and frivolous spending teams around us that we haven't been let down on the whole across the last 4-5 years.

Liverpool have lost 2 game seats of PL football in the last 2 years, we were clearly the underdog and although it was heartbreaking to lose, we were going against what the form books will show as the best team in the world when we went up against them in Madrid. As a club we won't get anywhere positive dwelling, next Sunday is another day, another game and a win puts us a point behind them. We all know anything can happen in this game.

Liverpool didn’t turn up mate, they were there for the taking trust me. As per Spursy style, we go and concede a penalty in the 1st 3 minutes, Tottenham Hotspur all over. In our lifetimes, we will most likely never see Spurs in a CL final ever again. Liverpool supporters will see their club in a CL final probably again soon. We well and truly fucked our one and only chance of that trophy.

Maybe we should just name this thread “now that we’re safe from relegation what are the ramifications?” as that’s all we’ve achieved in this shit show of a season.

I’m shocked that, even before the City news came out, people thought “we can forget about CL qualification.” I don’t want to be mean but what type of warped mentality do you have to give up on finishing above chelsea when we’re only 4 pts behind them?

Let's be real here guys, we're 2 pts behind Wolves and Sheffield United, and only 2 pts ahead of Burnley and Crystal Palace. We're in a mid-table scrap not a top 4 scrap.

Lo Celso hasn't even had the impact on us that Fernandes has had at manure in just half the time.

The rest of our last summer signings have been truly disastrous and a fine example of money not buying success.

Unless you know how to spend it of course, year on year our record signings have got worse and worse.

Exactly. Lo celso has been a shining light in what has been a horrendous summer of signings, but that’s not saying much. He’s not playing anywhere near the same level as Fernandes is producing for United. Ndombele is a complete waste of space, utter shit signing. Sessegnon another guy with potential, but looks far to weak for the premier league. Another failure of a transfer window by the all so great bald one. Levy and Co have single handily ruined the hard work the club has done over the years. We are now literally a midtable team.

ManCity has been banned from CL for 2 years by UEFA for providing misleading sponsorship income (ie FFP Regs)…...and fined 30m.

I am sure they will appeal to CAS.

But if the ban is upheld, its up to The FA/PL to nominate the 4 CL entrants fir nest season.....so if ManCity finish 2/3/4, in PL it'll be 5rg place who gets CL next season, I think.

Last edited:
We played Chelsea twice. On both occasions, if we beat them, we go forth. Instead we managed to get severely outplayed both time.

As much as we slaughter them, Chelsea play decent team football and Bruno has helped improve United massively.

We play United and Sheffield in the next few games, so I can’t count us completely out but its looking pretty bleak.

So is it back on? :mourlmao:
No, it's not on. It's guaranteed.

Season abandoned. This bullshit about let's delay till April, is just that, total bullshit. Yeah, like the Virus still on the way up. It's hitting it's peak in 12-14 weeks, so end May peak-virus.

No time at all to play the games over the Summer before next season starts.

Season abandoned. Everything null and void as if it never happened. So, we restart it next season. ReSTART.

Citeh Champions. Spurs 4th. Champions League, again.

Mourinho, it's official, fucking genius

Back
Top Bottom