Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Oh, well
The next game against Wolves can prove to be decisive. Anything but 3 points and we'd have a mountain to climb.
Well, we've got a week off so I am not expecting any BS from JM about fitness.
Wolves game ain't on telly.
Interesting fact: we are unbeaten in games not on telly. W6 D4! :rolleyes: :)

Is it over now? So hard to say as every club around us is equally inconsistent......but the real question should be, do we really deserve it?

Not over, it's still only 4 points and anything can happen. 2 weeks ago if you'd have said to me you'll be 4 points off of Chelsea and Man City done for FFP so 5th opens up I'd have loved that situation. The killer issue is no Sonny, that makes it so much harder than it could have been.

Last edited:
I’d be fairly sure City will be in it next season. There’ll be an appeal which will put it in limbo.

If we string a run of 5 or 6 wins together before end of season, we have every chance, that’s a big If though. Chelsea still have to travel to Anfield and have Man City to face as well.

Sobering sight to see Burnley only 3 points behind us.

Chavs draw 2-2 at relegation threatened Bournemouth. This race for 4th is real bottom of the barrel stuff. 3rd place Leicester lost last night at bottom of the table Norwich as well. Leicester have now picked up 12 points from last 12 games.

Chavs draw 2-2 at relegation threatened Bournemouth. This race for 4th is real bottom of the barrel stuff. 3rd place Leicester lost last night at bottom of the table Norwich as well. Leicester have now picked up 12 points from last 12 games.
The league is absolutely shit, that’s why.

The league is absolutely shit, that’s why.

The standard is pretty dire. Mind you we’ve become accustomed last 15 years or so to 90 points plus winning league, and now even 100. Of the 13 titles Ferguson won at Old Trafford, he only broke 90 points three times and one of those 1993/94 was in the old 42 game season. Liverpool in their quarter of a century of dominance from the mid 60’s to 1990 would only have broken 90 points twice in their 13 title wins (if you did the translation for 2 points for a win to 3), I read it as a reflection of how shit the league is that the Bin Dippers have won 26 and drawn 1 of 27 league games. I wouldn’t rate them as a patch on the Liverpool sides of the 70’s and 80’s.

Getting back to ourselves, notwithstanding how shit we are, Top 4 is there for the taking if we can put any kind of a run together. We’re on 40 points, with another 33 up for grabs. 64 or 65 points could get 4th, the way everyone has been dropping points all season.

Like pretty much everyone said, the standard of the league is abysmal this year. I don't care at all about this as long as we manage to get top 4. Nothing except a win would do tomorrow.

Like pretty much everyone said, the standard of the league is abysmal this year. I don't care at all about this as long as we manage to get top 4. Nothing except a win would do tomorrow.
Sort of agree with this but I wouldn't be surprised if two epl teams are in the final of the CL... World football is pretty poor just now.

The standard is pretty dire. Mind you we’ve become accustomed last 15 years or so to 90 points plus winning league, and now even 100. Of the 13 titles Ferguson won at Old Trafford, he only broke 90 points three times and one of those 1993/94 was in the old 42 game season. Liverpool in their quarter of a century of dominance from the mid 60’s to 1990 would only have broken 90 points twice in their 13 title wins (if you did the translation for 2 points for a win to 3), I read it as a reflection of how shit the league is that the Bin Dippers have won 26 and drawn 1 of 27 league games. I wouldn’t rate them as a patch on the Liverpool sides of the 70’s and 80’s.

Getting back to ourselves, notwithstanding how shit we are, Top 4 is there for the taking if we can put any kind of a run together. We’re on 40 points, with another 33 up for grabs. 64 or 65 points could get 4th, the way everyone has been dropping points all season.

I agree with you but getting the wins is so difficult without any recognised goal scorers. If we do it, it will be pretty amazing.

Even when United won the league on 75 4th place was still 68 points. 4th place could possibly be below 60 this year.

Back
Top Bottom