Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A section of Juve ultras are blackmailing the club to get easier access to tickets and other perks regarding the club. Threatening to among other things resort to racist chants to get the club in trouble if they do not get their way. Said ultras are apparently also involved in money laundering and other less than legal endeavors and the police have been investigating them for a while.

A section of Juve ultras are blackmailing the club to get easier access to tickets and other perks regarding the club. Threatening to among other things resort to racist chants to get the club in trouble if they do not get their way. Said ultras are apparently also involved in money laundering and other less than legal endeavors and the police have been investigating them for a while.

They used to go along with it.

"Juventus was fined in 2017 and its president, Andrea Agnelli, banned for a year over an alleged scheme that involved giving tickets to ultras in exchange for guaranteeing peace in the stadium."

"Juventus was fined in 2017 and its president, Andrea Agnelli, banned for a year over an alleged scheme that involved giving tickets to ultras in exchange for guaranteeing peace in the stadium."
That the ultras have had a bit too much control over the clubs in Italy is sadly nothing new. It's only relatively recently that the clubs and FA have started combating it I believe.

That the ultras have had a bit too much control over the clubs in Italy is sadly nothing new. It's only relatively recently that the clubs and FA have started combating it I believe.
I thought Juve had been battling them (when they moved stadium ) - Pretty sure the American Owner of Roma is battling them.

I wish our fans had a bit more power though I must admit - obviously without the nasty element that the Ultra movement attracts.

Start dishing out points penalties for the racist chanting and it will soon stop.
The fact that uefa and fifa do fuck all year in year out is just reinforcing the the attitude of certain fans that they can do whatever they want.
Italian fans have always been racist, the spanish were too not so long ago, both on a par with England&scotland in the 70s/80s and eastern europe for all of eternity.
clubs need to get properly penalised for them and the fans to take notice/action. They'll soon stop when it means their team slides down the table or out of European competitions. If they can use VAR in the game then they can properly use CCTV off the field. Those shitcunt chelsea fans got identified but as well as doing them for it they should also have docked the club points (retrospectively if clearly proven).

UEFA need to take a stand and ban all the clubs from this backwards country, that's still stuck in the 60s. Italy, make all these European shitholes like Russia, Poland actually seem liberal, and that says something.

Peccato bella Signora - pity beautiful lady

gazza19.jpg

In Italy the ultras have never done things like Heysel (in Europe) or Hillsborough (in the UK) so it hasn't arrived and a serious repression has arrived like at home. Your beautiful stadiums are the children of a dramatic story that today has created the richest league in the world. In Italy instead there is still an ultras control in the most important curves: Inter (twinned with Lazio), Milan, Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina (they still sing against the dead of Heysel considering against Juventus).

The Juventus company had to make a great effort to fight against the ultras with infiltrations of Mafia (from Sicily) and Ndrangheta (from Calabria). At first he tried to manage giving free tickets, in the end he denounced.

Start dishing out points penalties for the racist chanting and it will soon stop.
The fact that uefa and fifa do fuck all year in year out is just reinforcing the the attitude of certain fans that they can do whatever they want.
Italian fans have always been racist, the spanish were too not so long ago, both on a par with England&scotland in the 70s/80s and eastern europe for all of eternity.
clubs need to get properly penalised for them and the fans to take notice/action. They'll soon stop when it means their team slides down the table or out of European competitions. If they can use VAR in the game then they can properly use CCTV off the field. Those shitcunt chelsea fans got identified but as well as doing them for it they should also have docked the club points (retrospectively if clearly proven).

Penalizing companies exclusively means giving power to the ultras: Juventus's ultras blackmailed by threatening racist choruses and damages that companies then paid. The best solution is your English: I'll take you back with the cameras, I'll arrest you and process you straight away.

I thought Juve had been battling them (when they moved stadium ) - Pretty sure the American Owner of Roma is battling them.

I wish our fans had a bit more power though I must admit - obviously without the nasty element that the Ultra movement attracts.

Rome is a particular city. Northern Rome, the neighborhood near the Olimpico is high-density right-wing and racist: there is a strong collusion between ultras is a part of the institutions. Pallotta simply wants to build the new stadium.

If I'm not mistaken, Tim Parks knows Italy very well, so I think his articles are very interesting and competent. The ultras problem is real: the only solution would be the UK prescription, that is, to increase penalties. I have seen matches in the UK. I remember a Fulham-Boro (we wanted to see Craven Cottage). I was with some Italian friends, he is a guy sitting in front of him (shaved like a hooligans and of a certain age) he "welcomed" us by saying: Italian merde ". He won the Boro and at the end of the game an opponent fan passed in the middle of home fans teasing them. Everything was possible because there are very hard laws for the stadium and its surroundings: it's not like you Englishmen have become good. The reality is that if you mess up the stadium then your criminal record will ruin your life and so be careful ... In Italy it is still not so so there are still ultras that make a mess: they know that punishments are “manageable ...

Back
Top Bottom