Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing like Lamela. I've seen him use his left, quite decently too. And he's young with room to improve.

Ditto the opposite with Erik. Left is jsut an obvious preference that's all.... Sounds like JC is similar... And most players if we're honest.

De-activate boner, N-dubya. :pochbye:

Ditto the opposite with Erik. Left is jsut an obvious preference that's all.... Sounds like JC is similar... And most players if we're honest.

De-activate boner, N-dubya. :pochbye:

No, Erik just swings his right foot at the ball occasionally and hopes for the best, he has no control or confidence in it at all, and the results are highly erratic. He'll generally goes to great lengths to avoid using it and it stifles his and our play. I don't know how anyone could claim anything differently after watching him a prolonged length of time.

I don't have six years worth of experience watching Jack Clarke but my early vibe is that being one footed won't be an issue but weather he could get to Son, Eriksen or Kane levels of weaker foot ability, only time will tell.

No, Erik just swings his right foot at the ball occasionally and hopes for the best, he has no control or confidence in it at all, and the results are highly erratic. He'll generally goes to great lengths to avoid using it and it stifles his and our play. I don't know how anyone could claim anything differently after watching him a prolonged length of time.

I don't have six years worth of experience watching Jack Clarke but my early vibe is that being one footed won't be an issue but weather he could get to Son, Eriksen or Kane levels of weaker foot ability, only time will tell.

Never understood why Poch doesnt just play Lamela LW and be done with it

In your ever so anti-Lamela opinion of course... :)

I won't deny he favours it tho'. I have said as much already.

I was wondering why I hadn't had a telex from him lately. Didn't realise he'd upgraded to them fancy schmancy new facsimile machine things. Always pushing the boundaries our Mr. Levy.

I was gonna use Telex as my dad had one in his office but I thought id go with something a bit more cutting-edge

Cos he cut's in like a bad-boy from the right.... (See that trademark step over shit he does on the by-line... It's so unorthadox it bamboozles defenders.)
The problem with Lamela in this regard is that he actually has tremendous 1v1 ability but doesn’t have the burst of pace to then get away once he’s outfoxed his marker. Shame.

Never understood why Poch doesnt just play Lamela LW and be done with it

He has played him there and the results were horrific. On the right he could cut inside and pass or even shoot with his left. Playing on the left, because he doesn't generally have the ability to beat a man, he basically couldn't do anything with the option of cutting inside taken away.

What we'd hope to see in Clarke is player that can play on either wing, go either way, inside, outside. We have that to a degree in Son, whose shooting is lethal, but against a very good full back, he perhaps doesn't have the touch and footwork to cause enough problems and can be shut down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom