Jakub Jankto: Czech Republic international midfielder comes out as gay

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sadly committed suicide.
Yeah I remember something about allegations of sexual assault against him in the USA, I think his suicide was connected to that. I don't think it was ever proved one way or the other. I've just read the suicide section of his Wikipedia page, apparently he fled to England to avoid a possible 20 year prison sentence., and didn't think he'd get a fair trial because homosexual acts were still illegal in the state where he was in the USA at the time.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember something about allegations of sexual assault against him in the USA, I think his suicide was connected to that. I don't think it was ever proved one way or the other. I've just read the suicide section of his Wikipedia page, apparently he fled to England to avoid a possible 20 year prison sentence., and didn't think he'd get a fair trial because homosexual acts were still illegal in the state where he was in the USA at the time.
His brother's attitude over the whole thing was disgusting.

"John condemned his brother in a TV interview when he came out, saying he would have to 'suffer the consequences' for going public and adding that he would 'not want to play or even get changed with him'."

Back
Top Bottom