James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People were just focusing on one single incident over 10 years ago and made up their mind based on that alone
In my defence, I based my opinion solely on thinking he was a popper-popping poncey fucknut.

I have since revised my original assessment and think he is a fine gentleman and Spurs demigod destined to become an immortal.

I wasn't super impressed with him in the last game. I rewatched the second half and while he had a couple of great passes, he was too slow and hesitant with some of his passing which denied us real shooting opportunities.

He needs to put Son in with through balls when we're in a counter attacking situations.

I wasn't super impressed with him in the last game. I rewatched the second half and while he had a couple of great passes, he was too slow and hesitant with some of his passing which denied us real shooting opportunities.

He needs to put Son in with through balls when we're in a counter attacking situations.
There was one situation where he could've put Son through and didn't, and he clearly though Son was offside.

There was one situation where he could've put Son through and didn't, and he clearly though Son was offside.
I rewatched the second half just now, there was more than one chance to play a quick through ball similar to what Kane often did.

He missed the one clear through ball to son. From the replay I think he thought son was offsides… you can see son pointing at the far side defender when they are arguing.

We actually ended up scoring the OG off that play even though it was definitely the wrong choice from Maddison.

Had one other solid chance that he squandered when he played a pass to son that was intercepted but he hustled back and slowed down the break. Thought he made the right choice here but just poor execution.

These types of creative players are going to have mistakes… he seems to acknowledge when he makes one… unlike players like bruno.

brand new playmaker with a new set of players hes never played with before, going to take a while to all gel together.

the biggest missed pass was when son had a chance to put maddison in and it would of been madders and rich against one defender in their box.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbrHSjBZ6Uc

1:40...thats a simple ball and a clear cut chance if he has his head up

He missed the one clear through ball to son. From the replay I think he thought son was offsides… you can see son pointing at the far side defender when they are arguing.

We actually ended up scoring the OG off that play even though it was definitely the wrong choice from Maddison.

Had one other solid chance that he squandered but he hustled back and slowed down the break.

These types of creative players are going to have mistakes… he seems to acknowledge when he makes one… unlike players like bruno.
Yeah, I mean I rate Maddison but that game wasn't great. I'll chalk it up to a lack of chemistry and still thinking rather than automatically acting in situations. A few of our players have the same issue.

He needs more like the pass to Perisic where he wasn't thinking, just made a fantastic first time pass.

Even for Dele it took at least a month to start.
I could have sworn Dele started the draw at Leicester where he scored his first Spurs goal, but you're right, he was a substitute and it was September before he started.

Leicester 1-1 Spurs, goals from Alli and Mahrez, a couple of guys no one had ever heard of in a game that seemed fairly irrelevant at the time...

Also, he’s coming over as a far better human being than I thought he was. He has a big personality, but it’s been like the perfect blend of Jack Grelish and PEH. Hope he’s just matured now and it lasts, I was worried when we signed him.
Having kids would do that to a man

raising arizona babies GIF

Back
Top Bottom