Jamie Donley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope this lad gets a chance to get some serious minutes on the pitch soon.

He will 100% make a few mistakes - at both ends of the pitch - so the fans need to give him some time but he looks like he’s ready.

After watching klopp put his faith in youngsters in a cup final that probably don't have the potential donley has I don't think ange can have any excuses anymore. If it's not working out play the lad. It's the only way you will find out if a youngster can step up.

Do you think Klopp brings on the kids if he had Salah, Nunez, Trent, Szoboszlai, Thiago, Jones or Jota available?

Ah your correct a Sheffield boy, nevertheless another "up and coming" who proved to be a disappointment.

I reserve the right to not get my hopes up.
I reserve the right to get my hopes up.

Our youth academy is our best hope for having a team capable of competing for major honours. We can't buy the best players but we can develop them.

16 mins highlights - well worth a watch again of u17 PL Cup final

Donley with 3 assists (its his thread), but great performances all over the pitch - Moore, Irow, Dorrington, Abbott, Hall, Gunter with a couple of early saves ...... the list goes on

So? .....It's not about him.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
Not as if it was the only photo though...

u18_jamiedonley_contract_1a.jpg

How would Donley or Moore compare to Scarlett?

Very different players :

Scarlett atm is very much a centre forward who finishes very well.

Donley is a player who plays equally well as striker and no 10 (lazy comparison - Harry Kane)

Mikey Moore - a winger/striker. Exceptional dribbling skills, tight control and excellent footwork , exceptional finisher (very very lazy comparison, might have some of Jimmy Greaves skills ? Except Greaves never a winger. But I can't think of a better comparison)

How old was Kane? Where did he play first? Was he anywhere near the finished article at 18?

You lot talk about throwing in 17 and 18 year olds to the first team. 99 out of 100 times that won’t work.
I think people underestimate how many players are making their first team debuts at that age.

- Sarr was 19 when he started against Milan.
- Skipp was 18/19 when started making sub appearances in cup games (IMO, he was ready for more but Poch let him down), and at 20 he was one of the most pivotal players in Norwich's dominant season in the championship.
- Camavinga is a star at RM and only 20.
- Musiala was already establishing himself at Bayern by 18.
- Sancho got his Dortmund debut at 17 and by was already a star.
- Foden got his PL debut at 17
- Gavi made his debut at 17
- Pedri also debuted at 17
- Bellingham goes without saying

Of course not all players burst on to the scene at that age, and you shouldn't just thoughtlessly throw young players into the deep end, but this is not an unusual age for a player to start breaking into the first team. We're also not man city, Bayern etc. surely we can be more proactive in bringing through our most promising academy players at that kind of age.

Back
Top Bottom