Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely he will agree to extend until the end of this season, beyond that it's hard to know what will happen. We may have to yield to his demands if our lack of transfer funds means signing a new CB isn't possible.

i love Jan and think he has been great for the club but he has clearly fallen off lately and we are not close to good enough to be able to afford to keep guys around for sentimental reasons.

If he goes to City and performs well and has success there good for him, I have a hard time seeing him go there and be anything more than he was here but anything is possible I guess.

I really think we should give him another year. He’s clearly respected in the dressing room and is currently our only left footed centre half. His struggles have also been indicative of a poor collective season...

Look at the impact Kompany had in his final season at Man City?

Saying that, worryingly I can also see Jan going to City and doing a good job there.

I suspect City's style of play will leave Jan horribly exposed....

If he’s happy to take a one year deal as fourth choice player, that’s fine. If he wants anything more than that he has to go somewhere else. Money is tight and we can’t be handing contracts to people out of nostalgia.

We have not missed Jan since he fell out of the starting XI and that’s the truth, this season he showed a big decline physically and he will just get in Tanganga’s way now.

This might as well be the club motto.

This needs a button that covers both Haha and Agree

GenuineTemptingChafer-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom