Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Injury to Jan☹
Jan Vertonghen will miss the two-legged Champions League play-off against PSV after picking up an injury against Spartak Moscow. The Belgium international will not train for the next three weeks and will only return to the starting line-up after the international break in mid-September.

The central defender was replaced by Morato at half-time due to an injury that, according to Record, is a muscle rupture in the left thigh calf. Thus, the Belgian will also miss the League matches against Arouca, Gil Vicente and Tondela.
:(

I think this is what he's assisting/promoting(??).

Shakhtar Stadium!

FNjYzULWUAANGpX

FNjYzUNWQAM206N

FNjYzULWQAIU5rW

FNjYzUNWUAYS3X7

Because of the original war in 2014, they had to move out of their stadium which is in the Donbas region which the Russian claimed. I've just had to check and, my bad they didn't move to Russia it was out to the West in Lviv (which is like 5k miles away, Donbas is on the east), they moved again but to Kharkiv, which is a new 40k stadium so not the one pictured, although I guess there a strong chance that isn't standing too given whats happened there now.

I always laugh at the criticism players get from people who can barely run 5 yards without getting out of breath.

Why?

You don't criticise players?

........I can't identify a singer to be out of tune, until I'm a top class singer myself?

You haven't seen me play, I'm defo better than Emerson Royal! Don't get me started on Kane, he can't even lace my boots!

😁

On a real, I used to play for a pro team and have since worked in Pro football.
Not saying that I don't criticise, because I do but I can safely say that I know what it's like to play at that level than most people watching in the stands with me.

Point remains though......

.......Fans can't identify poor play/quality cos they haven't played at a serious level?

I'd love it if he could come back as our manager some day. I feel like he was smarter than Toby (no offence to him), and that's one of the reasons Sanchez + Jan worked well enough but Sanchez + Toby didn't.

Me too...... Toby was never as good without him either (before or after).

Dunno if he's every indicated about a wish to manage; but I could well imagine him walk away from the game and do just doing something else instead.

Back
Top Bottom