Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Losing a great player in Vertongen is the worst thing for Spurs this season. Stupid ageist reasons - he is still one of the best (doubt if Palace would have scored in that corner if he was there).

Maybe they wanted to get the season over with, and then dedicate a few days with just Vertonghen farewell material.

But they also did this to Llorente so...

I’m glad he already has trophies because he served us well and could have left when he was peak and played for anyone.

Too many of our players haven’t experienced glory.
I guess having a manager who’s done it 23 times will give them a good shot though.

Cool to see he has a picture with Bale there. His partnership with him in 12/13 was immense.

Wonder what's next for Jan. Back to Ajax, or squad player at a top club?

He was the first of a new bunch of players which represented a step up in quality and meant competing at a higher level. He could have gone to a bigger club but stayed and has served us well. We are weaker without him currently.

The Club can confirm the departures of Jan Vertonghen and Michel Vorm following the conclusion of their contracts.
Signed from Ajax in 2012, defender Jan has served the Club with distinction for the past eight seasons, amassing 315 appearances for us in all competitions and scoring 14 goals.
Belgium’s all-time record holder for the highest number of senior international appearances with 118 caps to his name, we thank Jan for his tremendous service and wish him every success in the future. He will always be a valued member of the Spurs family.

Good luck with what ever he does.
He won me over again,after appearing not to care about 4 seasons back(it was a game against Liverpool).
I guess i am not the footballing psychology expert i always thought i was...

Back
Top Bottom