January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regardless of accuracy, the latest SC ITK on Holtby is ridiculously serendipitous and challenging to the ITK skeptic: "I was on a plane reading a newspaper story about Holtby when I turn around and find the entire Schalke team was sitting behind me. Talked with Holtby for 10 minutes but I couldn't take any pictures."

I personally think this is the now or never window for signing Damiao, and judging by how much of an effort we made in the Summer I think we could be in with a chance of signing him. Hear me out...

I know that he wants to stay in Brazil until the World Cup and that he isn't desperate to move, but I reckon we'll have a better chance than ever to persuade him. It's the end of the season for him, so the I want to finish the season excuse won't hold. We need a 3rd striker, Defoe has done well but we know his weaknesses and Ade could be off to ACoN. We're in 3rd place in a huge league, he'll see that and maybe realise what an oppurtunity this could be for him. His reputation is only going up, post-World Cup he will much sought after and Levy will know this, so perhaps he'll be willing to pay slightly over the odds to get him now? Money talks, if we can get a high bid accepted then I am confident we'd be able to offer him a contract big enough for him to accept. And finally, a club managed by a young Portuguese speaking manager will look a lot more attractive to him.

So basically, I think this is the now or never. Keep waiting and he'll become too expensive for us, right now we're an attractive prospect, it's the off-season in Brazil and we (could) have a bit of money to spend.

TL;DR I'm worryingly deluded, Damiao isn't signing, is he?

I read somethings about anas, used to be a fairly highly rated prospect then moved to hadjuk split and never settled in after constant managerial changes. Id say why not to signing him. Hed be a cheap backup for both bale and lennon.

oq9jwj.png
, Manchester United

Back
Top Bottom