January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have just decided on a career path in the ITK business. My first ever ITK tweet.

Just ran into @garethbale11 at Tesco. You'll never guess what he was buying... #itk #spurs #barca #realmadrid

BaleITK_zpsfd017a7c.png

Willian ready to test himself in England

This article from 442.com talks about Willian's interview for the Feb 2013 magazine edition ...

He talks about his hope to play in England or somewhere else ...

"Oh, I want to. I hope so. I hope to move there. Maybe next season, or even this month, but it's difficult to say anything because I'm totally focused on my work here, and I prefer not to lose my grip. Who knows, maybe I'll get offers not only from clubs in England but teams from other countries too. Let's see what happens."

Remember when that Arsenall scum, Eduardo, said that Willian is only good enough for 3 EPL clubs (Man U, Chelsea and Arsenall) ... well concerning that Willian said...

"Absolutely not. Tottenham are a big team with a great structure and great players too. I would rate them with Chelsea, Woolwich and Manchester United."

I hope it's Levy-time! :levylol:

apparently holtby is a done deal

Update from olderyid on COYS on his Holtby encounter:

UPDATE :

have arrived now in Romania. so here we go this is exactly what happened.

On the flight to Munich- and read the German papers Bild etc- looking for news about Holtby (front page story btw was Sylvie and Rafa splitting up)- read that he Holtby, had turned down Schalke's offer to double his wages and he would definitely not renew his contract. I was sitting in row 18 in the middle of the plane, and the steward says you can exit through the back door, so I turned around and to my astonishment, I saw the entire Schalke team had been sitting right behind me. they were on their way to Qatar btw, training camp etc. So I saw Holtby and thought I'll have a chat with him. Luckily we had to get a bus to the terminal, so i got in the bus went straight up to him, and told him I was a big big Tottenham fan, that I've just got back from the Reading game and that we've heard he might be coming to us. He smiled a bit and obviously didn't want to say anything, but Huntelaar- who was really nice, and friendly as the Dutch often are, just chipped in and said literally-"It's a done deal, all signed and sealed". Holtby looked a bit embarassed, and then said "well there'll be a statement in the next few days". He speaks perfect English btw-'cos his mother's English, without the trace of a any German accent.and then we started to talk about Tottenham and WHL and AVB. The conversation went like this: he told me, he'd been over for the West Ham game, and he was really surprised at how poor West Ham were as they are in the top half of the table. I told him that they are a home team, and don't perform away. I said that WHL is an old fashioned stadium, and he said he thinks that it's great, the atmosphere is unbelievable, and that he loved being there.Then we talked about the team, and it was obvious that he'd seen every game, and how impressed he's been. I said that I'd been a bit sceptical about AVB, because I thought Harry was so great, and he seemed surprised, saying that he's a great young coach. I agreed with him and said I've been won over, and think we're playing some really good football, which he agreed with too, and really thinks we have a lot of very good players. We talked a bit about the PL in general, and about the Chelsea/QPR game, which we both laughed about. Altogether we spoke for around ten minutes.

I couldn't take any pictures 'cos the bus was so crowded, but I take it that people on here know who I am, and will trust me- but all in all. Expect him to arrive now or in the summer. I personally think it will be the summer, but everything today pointed towards him becoming a Spurs player. I got a great buzz from meeting him and Huntelaar- to whom I said. we've been waiting for you too, he laughed an said, you just keep waiting.

Great start to 2013 that's all my fellow COYsers

Back
Top Bottom