January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: I obviously need sleep. Thought you were talking about Depay taking his chances...

I don't think, he does. And I doubt, we'll see him for a while. After coming on yesterday, he gave away the ball by dribbling TWICE in added time, when he should have just kept the ball, even by non-LVG tactical standards. I could just imagine LVG's blood pressure going through the roof seeing that.

Ah apologies! Yeh, Depay has looked nothing of the sort of player he was out in Holland, which is odd as a good percentage of players who transfer from Holland are more often than not successful in England. Maybe he doesn't suit the system or there are other issues.

I think he would be better suited to our system where he has be freedom to switch between the 3 positions behind the striker.

As for Perez, Id have him any day.

Be a bit strange for Berahino to go to Newcastle. If we beat £15 million they can't say no can they?

Of course they can. If the relationship between peace and levy is bad enough we could offer double and peace could still tell us to do one.

It just depends how stubborn Peace is. It also depends if we still view a player sat on the bench at 15 million.

I definitely think Pochettino can make something of this guy,

If that video show what he does most times he looks like a real bright talent and would fit right in. Has a good shot, heading is fine, pacey and a really hassle to defend. His decision making looks amazing for such a young striker.

As for Perez, Id have him any day.

100%.

Oduwa has returned from his loan at Rangers. I'd love to see him given a go in a couple of games as a sub. He looked really exciting and promising at Rangers this year.

Not exactly. The only thing he did was as few tricks. His peformances weren't that good, so he was dropped to sit on the bench. In the last few weeks at Rangers he didn't even get selected to be a sub. I don't watch Ranger matches but I've spoken to a fans who are at the Ibrox almost every game.

He also named himself 'magic feet'.

We absolutely dodged a bullet with Depay, he's horrible

He'll come good, Man Utd are horrible at the moment. He's young and a real talent. Just a matter of time.

Google Translate knows how to party:

'At these words, the teams most interested in him and rub their hands. English clubs are those that have shown more interest. Woolwich, Tottenham and Liverpool have on its agenda the Aztec scorer, after his latest statements are more options to gain Bundesliga crack.'

Chicharito would be a brilliant signing, but surely they'd want 3x what they paid now he is scoring for fun.

Also the Jackson Martinez rumour stinks of Atleti trying to use our name to drum up interest.

We're never going to pay over £25mil for a player over 26 let alone 29, until the stadium is complete at least. I for one, would want our signings to be under 25 years old long term.

Google Translate knows how to party:

'At these words, the teams most interested in him and rub their hands. English clubs are those that have shown more interest. Woolwich, Tottenham and Liverpool have on its agenda the Aztec scorer, after his latest statements are more options to gain Bundesliga crack.'

Chicharito would be a brilliant signing, but surely they'd want 3x what they paid now he is scoring for fun.

Also the Jackson Martinez rumour stinks of Atleti trying to use our name to drum up interest.

We're never going to pay over £25mil for a player over 26 let alone 29, until the stadium is complete at least. I for one, would want our signings to be under 25 years old long term.

Chicharito can't move... Pretty sure he came off the bench for united early season. Can't play for 3 teams in one season.

Ah apologies! Yeh, Depay has looked nothing of the sort of player he was out in Holland, which is odd as a good percentage of players who transfer from Holland are more often than not successful in England. Maybe he doesn't suit the system or there are other issues.

Jozy+Altidore+rAKpf5LT6ERm.jpg

tumblr_miqrqymfBS1rzapx4o1_500.gif

I think we're overrating Dembélé a bit here

Over rating him in what sense? I don't think anyone see's him as anything other than a very good back up striker with a lot of potential to be a very decent player. Nobody is expecting him to come in and run riot, but they are expecting him to come in and play a few cup games maybe,

So £18m for Berahino buy us was turned down and was publicly called derogatory yet £15m is not ?
Newcastle pay £12m for Shelvey but stall on £14m for Townsend a player with more full international caps and goals.
They also paid £12m for a 22 yr old French player with 10 caps at under 21 level and no full international caps.

Hopefully they buy AT and we can then buy someone.

So £18m for Berahino buy us was turned down and was publicly called derogatory yet £15m is not ?
Newcastle pay £12m for Shelvey but stall on £14m for Townsend a player with more full international caps and goals.
They also paid £12m for a 22 yr old French player with 10 caps at under 21 level and no full international caps.

Hopefully they buy AT and we can then buy someone.
Bloody hell, Newcastle are forking out quite the bit of money this window! I know avoiding relegation is a big motivation, but perhaps it's also an indication of at least one outgoing player (e.g. Perez to us?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom