January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a rumour I could get behind. Yeah he's getting on a bit, but he's banging them in.

Two things concern me though; doubt leicester would sell part way through the season, and doubt he'd want to play second fiddle to Kane. Which is a shame.
He's in the form of his life. This would be like buying Adebayor on the back of that early Sherwood-era surge. If he was actually this good consistently, he wouldn't be playing for Leicester.

Here is the overriding issue with Vardy; he is 28, where has this form come from? I suspect it is an anomaly but good for him, and take advantage whilst it lasts but most people by the age of 28 have shown far more ability than he has, and with more consistency.

I'd steer clear personally, and I suspect Pochettino will do.

He's in the form of his life. This would be like buying Adebayor on the back of that early Sherwood-era surge. If he was actually this good consistently, he wouldn't be playing for Leicester.
Yeah, like Benteke wouldn't have been playing for Villa and Ings for Burnley. Oh, wait ...

I think if Townsend goes, we'll be moving for Timo Werner or Sofiane Boufal with outside chances of Berahino, Batshuayi or Perez. It's not like we haven't shown what kind of player the club is looking for.

Yeah, like Benteke wouldn't have been playing for Villa and Ings for Burnley. Oh, wait ...
Or Ings is 23, Benteke is 24 and have both had at least one previous season with a good scoring record at this level. Vardy is 28, and has not got a history of scoring significant goals at this level. There is a difference between being young and improving, and being in your peak years and this coming out of nowhere.

No to Bolasie and Vardy. Too old and too expensive. Vardy in a good period of form but not sure it will continue. And Bolasie? Not better than Son, Eriksen, Lamela or Dembele in the front 3 and would require at least 10 mil.

Or Ings is 23, Benteke is 24 and have both had at least one previous season with a good scoring record at this level. Vardy is 28, and has not got a history of scoring significant goals at this level. There is a difference between being young and improving, and being in your peak years and this coming out of nowhere.
Your initial point was that only shit players play for shit clubs - something which is categorically wrong

Your initial point was that only shit players play for shit clubs - something which is categorically wrong
No, my initial point was that he was on a ridiculous hot streak and that was going to end soon. If he really could put out Messi-type numbers on a regular basis, he wouldn't be playing for Leicester. He never had prior to now in his career.

But thanks for playing.

No, my initial point was that he was on a ridiculous hot streak and that was going to end soon. If he really could put out Messi-type numbers on a regular basis, he wouldn't be playing for Leicester. He never had prior to now in his career.

But thanks for playing.
You said if he was better he wouldn't be playing for a small club

For me, all I really want to see is a good striker to rotate with Harry. Our defense seems to be sorted, and our midfield has more than enough options already.

If Vardy was consistently at the top of the Prem goal scoring charts he wouldn't be playing for Leicester...what's so hard to understand about that?
The premise suggests good players have never played for shit clubs - that is what's wrong

No to Bolaise - His feet are doing one thing whilst his head is doing another. A bit erratic and has no end product. Basically another Townsend

If we are gonna replace Townsend then we need someone with pace, directness and end product. Redmond or Mahrez would be a good fit in my opinion.

As for strikers.. Vardy is in form, but who's to say that'll last? Plus he's above our age bracket.

Perez would be perfect.. Young, hungry and can finish.

As long as we don't go back in for Berahino.. Whingy little bitch who is nowhere near as good as what he or WBA think he is.

[formation=4231, Lloris/Vorm, Walker/Trippier, Toby/Wimmer, Jan/Dier, Rose/Davies, Alli/Mason, Dier/Bentaleb, Lamela/Redmond, Eriksen/Moussa, Son/Chadli, Kane/Perez/N'jie][/formation]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom