January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
but we caused that, we turned his head, we told him (as good as) to go on strike, don't have a go at the player.
I agree with you mind you I really want Berahino to come to White Hart Lane but lets suppose he does not get a starting role or Son Hin gets more of a look in aren't you worried he may take to twitter and have a go at Daniel Levy or Pochittino ?

That is his biggest fault.

But I just don't see the obvious improvements to our squad in the market at the moment. No one who strikes me as obviously better than Son anyway.

Was thinking the same thing. Dembele is definitely an exciting prospect and would be a good addition, as well as Berahino if given the right support. But are either better than Son?

I agree with you mind you I really want Berahino to come to White Hart Lane but lets suppose he does not get a starting role or Son Hin gets more of a look in aren't you worried he may take to twitter and have a go at Daniel Levy or Pochettino ?[/QUOTE]
Remember he said He will never play for Jeremy Peace again I hope a deal can be agreed and the player gets his way but I don't want us to wait until deadline day and miss out on the likes of Dembele ,Ramirez, Lookman or Maddison

Was thinking the same thing. Dembele is definitely an exciting prospect and would be a good addition, as well as Berahino if given the right support. But are either better than Son?
Son is a cracking player but is he a pure striker? or is he capable of playing anywhere up front as was the case of Vandevarrt could you remember the headache he use to give Harry Redknapp to fit into the team he could not be left out but the problem was where to play him I see Son like that player

Son can´t play alone in the striker position. Well, he can but he would not perform most of the time, because he would have no leverage in the physical battle with the centerbacks and speed isn´t his speciality either. Our crosses to the area would be pointless because they could focus on the wingers showing on the 2nd post, because Son wouldn´t be much of a fight for an air ball.
In Leverkusen he played in front either with Drmic or with Kiessling.
Same goes for Clinton.

whats your views on Dembele don't you think he may be a better investment than Berahino? knowing that he is not starting material rather Berahino may want to be a starter

Son can´t play alone in the striker position. Well, he can but he would not perform most of the time, because he would have no leverage in the physical battle with the centerbacks and speed isn´t his speciality either. Our crosses to the area would be pointless because they could focus on the wingers showing on the 2nd post, because Son wouldn´t be much of a fight for an air ball.
Same goes for Clinton.
I take your point so are you in for Berahino drama dragging up to deadline day because Jeremy Peace don't seem to want to do business with us

Same goes for Clinton.
But in the system which Pochettino employs he prefer one up front and the other playing just behind the strikes like an advanced midfielder in an attacking role not as a pure striker, so unless Pochettino change his style of play the one pure striker philosophy will be the way he will go so is Berahino willing to replace Kane as a sub?

Same goes for Clinton.
We don't actually cross very much. But it's interesting you feel he's slow, when his pace has been a clear edge so far, and he hasn't shown any actual signs of being bullied during matches.

When played as a striker thus far, he's either scored or assisted in every match. If that's doing a shitty job then I don't know what's expected of a striker.

But in the system which Pochettino employs he prefer one up front and the other playing just behind the strikes like an advanced midfielder in an attacking role not as a pure striker, so unless Pochettino change his style of play the one pure striker philosophy will be the way he will go so is Berahino willing to replace Kane as a sub?
Didn't Poch say he'd like the option of playing 2 up front?

We don't actually cross very much. But it's interesting you feel he's slow, when his pace has been a clear edge so far, and he hasn't shown any actual signs of being bullied during matches.

When played as a striker thus far, he's either scored or assisted in every match. If that's doing a shitty job then I don't know what's expected of a striker.

Don´t agree, in the modern football the full backs do the most of the plays down the line and we aren´t an exception.
Rose/Davies and Trippier/Walker have a "free pass" to go down the line and cross the ball, allowing players like Lamela, Eriksen or Son to play inside, confuse the defense settup and creating spaces that Kane and Alli from behind can take advantage off. The out of the box player is Chadli, who is a "classic" winger, sticking more to his skill than pace though, different of Lennon or Townsend who rely more on their speed.

About Son playing forward, the better example I can give you is the Leicester game of the FA Cup in WHL.
Mobility? Sure.
Presence on the area? No.

I really think we need a backup in case Kane can´t play for some games.

Is Moussa Dembele 2.0 the answer? Don´t know him, so I can´t tell.
But I trust Poch and the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom