January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many watched Dier, Alli, Lamela or Son?

Just because people haven't watched them play doesn't mean they won't be a success.

Look at Ronaldo.. No one had really heard of him, Sir Alex and co had done the leg work in scouting and it paid off.

Not saying it will be the same at all but football transfers are about gambles.

I think that's why Poch is very militant with the mentality bit, I bet there are loads of strikers with enough ability to play second string to Kane, but they also need to have the right mindset to push Kane and work incredibly hard for a starting place. Sign to train and all that.

so who do we sign Saido Berahino, Sandro Ramirez, Jackson Martinez, Mousa Dembele, James Maddison or Ademola Lookman 6 players to beat deadline day which of these guys are best suited for our style of play?
Lookman and Dembele for me, cause I've never seen them play. Lookman for the puns, Dembele for the chants. Jackson Martinez doesn't cross any boxes, no idea why that name is in there.

I wont want to be pushing on 3 fronts Europa, FA cup and League challenge with only Kane as our sole striker we need reinforcements as a security in case of injuries we already have Mason, Vertongen, Clinton Jiie down we cannot afford for Kane to be injured he is the only pure striker we have at the moment.

so who do we sign Saido Berahino, Sandro Ramirez, Jackson Martinez, Mousa Dembele, James Maddison or Ademola Lookman 6 players to beat deadline day which of these guys are best suited for our style of play?
Striker__Episode_3_2197521n.jpg

Lyall says his job is 'complex'. Putting his pants on the right way round in the morning must be a logistical nightmare for him. Navigating a self service checkout in a supermarket is like TRAVELLING THROUGH TIME! Being Lyall must be like being constantly high on acid whilst trying to brush your teeth, find something really important in the fridge and think about lots of big shiny footballs all moving all at once in different directions.

Complex. What a laugh. Hee-larious.

That is his biggest fault.

But I just don't see the obvious improvements to our squad in the market at the moment. No one who strikes me as obviously better than Son anyway.

I don't accept the 'well who should we buy then' challenge and objections from some. Nobody saw Son coming and I cannot believe that in the entire world (and we do employ people to scout and research players, plus have contacts and access to a vast modern day database of players with tons of stats, video ahead of watching them in the flesh etc) that there is not a striker we could sign that might be decent cover or fall back for us.

January is difficult, every signing is a gamble, won't be as good as Kane blah blah blah.

It is surely far more ludicrous to suggest and believe there isn't a player in the world we could possibly sign that might tick several boxes, particularly given where we (unexpectedly) find ourselves in the league going into February??

But we're going to get relegated, surely? Because we need a teenage understudy who is has been decent in the Championship and he will somehow make us win the title.

Some of you could be in heaven and you'd still melt about it.
That's ridiculous. No one has said he'd "make us win the title", people understandably want a bit of cover if Kane gets injured. What's so melty about that? Bloody hell, not even a year ago you were saying games against City and CFC were unwinnable and to forget about CL. Now you're saying top 4 is nailed on and there's no need to bother about strengthening.

Why did you come back btw? Was it because we're doing well?

If Poch genuinely thinks he has proper cover for Kane. Why has he played him in every game? Even when he tries to rest him in the cups he ends up coming on anyway. Speculation is wonderful, and we all like a talking point, but Poch's actions tell us far more than his words. If either Kane or Son get injured in the next few weeks we have seriously damaged our chances of success this season, and from a wonderful position. So please, for once, can the black box folks concede that it is worth a gamble on a player who might do a job for us this season, and not necessarily be a player for us in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom