January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernandez has already not cut the mustard in the prem. Berahino would need a month to get up to speed and Rhodes is never good enough in a month of Sundays.
I don't know how you can be so sure of this. Did you know when Dier was moved into DM that he would be a success? When we signed a teenage CM from MK Dons, did you know he would be one of the first on the team sheet six months later and an England international? Did you know Kane would turn into the goal scorer he has?

I can only assume you knew all of this, otherwise there's no way you can be so sure that potential new signings will be a failure.

It's great to demand names from people before looking for negatives in each one. However, we don't know who is for sale, which clubs that might take an offer, which players have been promised moves, how much money we could spend, etc, so theoretically every player is up for grabs. I could mention Cavani, but you may reply that he would cost too much or be too old, but you've no frame of reference for that. Just opinion. Same as others want a striker to sign. Just opinion.

I don't know how you can be so sure of this. Did you know when Dier was moved into DM that he would be a success? When we signed a teenage CM from MK Dons, did you know he would be one of the first on the team sheet six months later and an England international? Did you know Kane would turn into the goal scorer he has?

I can only assume you knew all of this, otherwise there's no way you can be so sure that potential new signings will be a failure.

It's great to demand names from people before looking for negatives in each one. However, we don't know who is for sale, which clubs that might take an offer, which players have been promised moves, how much money we could spend, etc, so theoretically every player is up for grabs. I could mention Cavani, but you may reply that he would cost too much or be too old, but you've no frame of reference for that. Just opinion. Same as others want a striker to sign. Just opinion.
kane didnt cut it in the championship...
sell him!!!

Of course the same people whoa are now saying we need back up for Kane to secure Title/CL are the same ones who were saying we would be nowhere near the top 5 this season as we had a shit team/squad and fucked up in the summer market.

I'd still take Hernandez in a heartbeat... then again, I said that about Berbatov last Summer... so 'da fuck do I know? I'm getting desperate!!!

quick question for anyone bored enough to answer.

wba are confident of getting 10m for berahino in a tribunal when his contract ends.

but does that mean hes not allowed to play for anyone unless they pay that fee?
what if no one wanted to pay as much as that?
would he be unable to play until someone does?

Of course the same people whoa are now saying we need back up for Kane to secure Title/CL are the same ones who were saying we would be nowhere near the top 5 this season as we had a shit team/squad and fucked up in the summer market.
i dont think many thought chelsea, liverpool, man utd etc would be as poor as they are.

I didn't say potential new signings would be a failure. I said they won't be the reason we get CL this year, that plaudit goes to our current squad.

I didn't know about Dier, but I trusted Poch, as I do now that it looks like we're not signing someone. I trust Poch.

I am actually documented on here somewhere saying that Alli may eventually become a first teamer this season. Didn't expect this but I saw his quality.

It's not hard to pick negatives in Saido Berahino, Jordan Rhodes and Abel Hernandez, especially when talking in respect to pushing for the title.

You could mention Cavani, he would be the kind of player these numpties could have suggested that would actually have the requisite qualities. But as you say, his signing is very unlikely.

But as I've said, I'm happy to spend if the quality is there. But, I'm not up for spending for spendings sake. Which signing Jordan Rhodes is.

P.s. just sign into your old account mate.

COULD YOU IMAGINE IF KLINNSMAN CAME BACK Up FRONT WITH KANE
full

Yeah Levy really wanted to sell Berbatov and Keane .
We should never have had Keane back.
Berbatov was a cunt and Keane felt more loyalty to his boyhood club than leaving us striker less.
If you think Levy stripped him of both players by design, for money, then your a mug.
It's a bit like the Berahino thing with Berbatov except that Berbatov would have definitely not played again for us if he would not have gone to Man U. I suppose Levy is a cunt for trying to keep him to his contract, slap a massive price tag on him. If we were Man U then Berahino would have probably been here on deadline day because we would have paid them £35m.
That seems a rather strange way to look at it in your unfathomable hate for Levy.

Anyway, Frazeer Campbell was supposedly Man U's next best thing according to Ferguson, and we got him on loan.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Everyone always forgets that we already had bent and we had just signed pavlyuchenko as well

SANDRO UPDATE

Sky sources understand everything has been agreed between QPRmidfielder Sandro and West Bromwich Albion, but the Premier League club will complete the final part of his medical tomorrow.

Makes me think of this...

when did the "well u do better then" argument become valid.
expecting us amateur football internet pundits to know as much as scouts who do it full time for a living. & not to mention much better resources & a black box.
they have 100s of hours of footage & go to many games.
silly to expect your average fan to be as knowledgable.

i hope we dont start applying this to players too.
we shouldnt have sold vlad because u cant do any better!

well go on. do better then? still not answered the question! i win, u lose!

It's amazing how fast our team can go from team with great players and a huge upswing to a bunch of scrubs in about 6 months.

You guys are America though. It's gonna be a long time before your football team is up at a good standard. Your problem being that it's not the main sport in your country, unlike most successful footballing nations... And Scotland.

It's amazing how fast our team can go from team with great players and a huge upswing to a bunch of scrubs in about 6 months.

The US Soccer Federation has to be run by people that have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, because it's clear as day JK is just shooting in the dark at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom