January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does levy get criticised if we don't agree to loan him back and therefore don't manage to sign him?
i have said the team & poch have done amazing plenty of times.

stop seeing what u want to see as normal.

ps. poch & the team have done amazing.
hope thats on the record now.
feel free to ignore this post as normal.

You guys are America though. It's gonna be a long time before your football team is up at a good standard. Your problem being that it's not the main sport in your country, unlike most successful footballing nations... And Scotland.

The weird thing is that more people in the United States grew up playing football than any other sport.

This is getting way off topic, but you want to talk about infuriating when it comes to development of US football?
U.S. Soccer Bans Headers For Kids Under The Age Of 11

i have said the team & poch have done amazing plenty of times.

stop seeing what u want to see as normal.

ps. poch & the team have done amazing.
hope thats on the record now.
feel free to ignore this post as normal.

Uhhh. Did you quote the wrong post?

And you gave no credit to our team in the post I quoted, only slagged off other teams. Why not just accept that the team is playing well despite the lack of striker and dm signing that had half this board saying we are doomed?

You guys are America though. It's gonna be a long time before your football team is up at a good standard. Your problem being that it's not the main sport in your country, unlike most successful footballing nations... And Scotland.
We're not talking about way down the line. We had a team full of really good players and good young players which should have been the set up for a good future. It went to shit faster than you can say "Poch Out"

The weird thing is that more people in the United States grew up playing football than any other sport.

This is getting way off topic, but you want to talk about infuriating when it comes to development of US football?
U.S. Soccer Bans Headers For Kids Under The Age Of 11

The pussification of American is a very real thing. To further prove my point, as an American I must apologize for using the word pussificatioin. Sorry if it offended anyone.

We're not talking about way down the line. We had a team full of really good players and good young players which should have been the set up for a good future. It went to shit faster than you can say "Poch Out"

One of America's big problems is the mls. It's such a weirdly set up league with such weird rules every time I have looked into it.

I get that it is a logistical nightmare to run it like the PL though. You guys have some serious distance to cover for away games.

One of America's big problems is the mls. It's such a weirdly set up league with such weird rules every time I have looked into it.

I get that it is a logistical nightmare to run it like the PL though. You guys have some serious distance to cover for away games.

Away culture in the States just does not exist.

The youth system in America is a joke. I know from experience.

They look for athletic and physical players. If you are not tall, strong or quick.. you'll probably be overlooked. Technique and understanding of the game is not paramount at all, they don't think about the game but rather just focus on being as physical as possible. I heard actual scouts and coaches say that's what they look for and things like a persons vertical is what they really care about

Of course the same people whoa are now saying we need back up for Kane to secure Title/CL are the same ones who were saying we would be nowhere near the top 5 this season as we had a shit team/squad and fucked up in the summer market.
Very true. And the same people who were saying it would be pitiful / negligent / unforgivable / pathetic / inexcusable etc. etc. etc, if Levy didn`t finally secure another striker in January, having failed in the summer, are the same ones now making excuses for him as it seems more and more likely this signing ain`t gonna be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom