January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how with hindsight we spent 16 million on bent and he was a terrible player for us, and now fans are calling for us to sign berahino for 25 when odds are he could very well be less successful for us than Darren bent.

It is good to see that people don't understand the value of money when it isn't their own.

Where do you get at drawing parallels between Berahino and Bent? Because they are both black and english? "Odds are he could be less succesful" according to what? Your fucking magic crystal ball? You absolute moron, what a stupid post.

Are you seriously debating whether Lacazette is better than berahino? How fucking little do you know?!

And berahino hasn't had any settling to do, rondon has. He also has many more strings to his bow.

I'm really not discussing football with someone who thinks berahino is better than Lacazette however. Having goals in the epl doesn't make you a good player. By that logic we should have bought Darren bent back from Fulham for 50 million.
What is it that convinces you 100% that Lacazette would be suited to the premier league?

*FalcaoHuggingSoldadoWinkSmiley*

Where do you get at drawing parallels between Berahino and Bent? Because they are both black and english? "Odds are he could be less succesful" according to what? Your fucking magic crystal ball? You absolute moron, what a stupid post.

Actually it was more to do with them being average strikers, reliant on pace who are valued at more than they are actually worth.

Why the fact they are black matters to you I'm not too fucking sure but they are both overpriced and overhyped English strikers. And we all saw how well Darren bent worked out for us.

What is it that convinces you 100% that Lacazette would be suited to the premier league?

*FalcaoHuggingSoldadoWinkSmiley*

I believe Lacazette hs the quality to be succesful wherever he goes really. I don't believe in players suiting leagues. I believe in players suiting teams.

This notion of he can play well in England but not Germany is really quite a lot of shit. A player can play well for Swansea or Everton, transfer to us and not quite work out. Just like a player can come in from ajax and be fantastic for us.

I imagine that even though Andy Carroll does alright for West ham, he would struggle for us because our teams play two very different styles of play.

You don't need to move country to turn to shit.

I believe Lacazette hs the quality to be succesful wherever he goes really. I don't believe in players suiting leagues. I believe in players suiting teams.

This notion of he can play well in England but not Germany is really quite a lot of shit. A player can play well for Swansea or Everton, transfer to us and not quite work out. Just like a player can come in from ajax and be fantastic for us.

I imagine that even though Andy Carroll does alright for West ham, he would struggle for us because our teams play two very different styles of play.

some people believe stories of talking snakes, what you have is an opinion not actual proven evidence.

Well although I've been critical of our manager he seems to think Berahino is a good option.

BBC Sport - Saido Berahino: Tottenham manager likens pursuit to love

some people believe stories of talking snakes, what you have is an opinion not actual proven evidence.

Really? Because I gave some solid examples, only I didn't give names. Since you're refusing to acknowledge the argument though, here goes.

Eriksen and Vertonghen. Both came in from abroad and did fine.

Pienaar and siggy came from Everton and Swansea respectively, where they were both good. Did poor in our systems and went back to those clubs. Where once again they played well.

The only issue with bringing in a new player during the January is that you're going to be an even higher price than you would in the summer. A club doesn't want to lose their star striker half way through the season then have to go out and look for another, then having to drill the system of their team into the new player.

A player you might pay £15m for in July will cost you £25m in January.

A lot of people thought paulinho and Soldado were good options as well. The manager included. That still doesn't make berahino worth 25 million.
Well yes, had you said that Bentaleb and Kane were better than Paulinho and Soldado people would have thought you mad :sherwoodlol:

The only issue with bringing in a new player during the January is that you're going to be an even higher price than you would in the summer. A club doesn't want to lose their star striker half way through the season then have to go out and look for another, then having to drill the system of their team into the new player.

A player you might pay £15m for in July will cost you £25m in January.

Not necessarily...Depends on contract status a bit too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom