January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something I really dislike about Berahino. He does show glimpses of talent now and again, but he goes missing in games more often than not. You don't really ever see him working back, I'm not sure if he could lead the line alone and judging by the way he pulled out the header against United, he doesn't seem to put his body on the line. For the £25m being asked I think we could get someone a lot better, for cheaper and come out with some change.

The transfer market for PL home grown status players has moved well ahead of where you think it is.

The transfer market for PL home grown status players has moved well ahead of where you think it is.
But the striker we need to bring in doesn't have to be home grown. We are well above the numbers need to meet the criteria of home grown players, half of the current England squad plays for Tottenham. I just mean we could bring in a player who ticks all the boxes for less then what Berahino would cost who isn't home grown but has PL experience.

There is something I really dislike about Berahino. He does show glimpses of talent now and again, but he goes missing in games more often than not. You don't really ever see him working back, I'm not sure if he could lead the line alone and judging by the way he pulled out the header against United, he doesn't seem to put his body on the line. For the £25m being asked I think we could get someone a lot better, for cheaper and come out with some change.
I'm guessing your opinion on him is based on his performances on a computer game.

Berahino can suck my bum. Price would be massively over inflated for what he would bring us. Better quality out there for less imo.
The price is irrelevant, we've saved enough in previous window and we need another striker who can score goals in the premier league.

The price is irrelevant, we've saved enough in previous window and we need another striker who can score goals in the premier league.

The price is completely fucking relevant. That's like saying it's okay to overpay for a bottle of vodka because of all those times you bought it when it was on sale.

This usually costs me 15. But every so often I get it for 10. So I guess it's fine that I pay 25 for it this time.

That's your logic. It's stupid and I'm starting to think you might be a little bit slow.

Tiny steps and all that...

Argue your point or don't argue at all. But the thing is, you know you're wrong. The price is very relevant. If we buy berahino for 25Mil instead of 10Mil he will expect the wages of a 25 million pound player, which he isn't.

Then when his attitude flops, which it will, we won't be able to shift him, just like adebayor.

As for your "I support football clubs not balance sheets" bullshit. If that was the case you would want the club to invest their limited resources wisely. Not spunk it all on a talentless cunt.

As for your name me a better player for less than 25 million. Sure. There is Lacazette straight off the fucking bat. 10 times the player who was available for 25 million in the summer.

Want another one? Rondon. 12 million. Ayoze perez is better, he would cost at best 20 million.

Your problem isn't that you support a club and not a balance sheet, it's that you're too fucking dumb to understand how business and money works.

Argue your point or don't argue at all. But the thing is, you know you're wrong. The price is very relevant. If we buy berahino for 25Mil instead of 10Mil he will expect the wages of a 25 million pound player, which he isn't.

Then when his attitude flops, which it will, we won't be able to shift him, just like adebayor.

As for your "I support football clubs not balance sheets" bullshit. If that was the case you would want the club to invest their limited resources wisely. Not spunk it all on a talentless cunt.

As for your name me a better player for less than 25 million. Sure. There is Lacazette straight off the fucking bat. 10 times the player who was available for 25 million in the summer.

Want another one? Rondon. 12 million. Ayoze perez is better, he would cost at best 20 million.

Your problem isn't that you support a club and not a balance sheet, it's that you're too fucking dumb to understand how business and money works.

Lacazette? Proven premiership goalscorer?

Rondon? 3 in 10 for WBA? Berahino 3 in 7 this season.

Lacazette? Proven premiership goalscorer?

Rondon? 3 in 10 for WBA? Berahino 3 in 7 this season.

Are you seriously debating whether Lacazette is better than berahino? How fucking little do you know?!

And berahino hasn't had any settling to do, rondon has. He also has many more strings to his bow.

I'm really not discussing football with someone who thinks berahino is better than Lacazette however. Having goals in the epl doesn't make you a good player. By that logic we should have bought Darren bent back from Fulham for 50 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom