January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argue your point or don't argue at all. But the thing is, you know you're wrong. The price is very relevant. If we buy berahino for 25Mil instead of 10Mil he will expect the wages of a 25 million pound player, which he isn't.

Then when his attitude flops, which it will, we won't be able to shift him, just like adebayor.

As for your "I support football clubs not balance sheets" bullshit. If that was the case you would want the club to invest their limited resources wisely. Not spunk it all on a talentless cunt.

As for your name me a better player for less than 25 million. Sure. There is Lacazette straight off the fucking bat. 10 times the player who was available for 25 million in the summer.

Want another one? Rondon. 12 million. Ayoze perez is better, he would cost at best 20 million.

Your problem isn't that you support a club and not a balance sheet, it's that you're too fucking dumb to understand how business and money works.

What would you pay for Berahino, or do you just not rate him at all. I think Poch could get a lot out of him.

He's worth somewhere in the region of 10-15. I'd stretch to 18 at the very most. But I really don't rate his attitude. 25 for him is extortion and levy was right to tell wba to take a run and jump at that.
Also.. Berahino will have to settle for a place on the bench as second to Kane. He is nowhere near the level of Kane, nor could he play on our wing as Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Chadli and Dembele are all better.

I think we're more likely to go for someone who we can mould. Moussa Dembele at Fulham has been mentioned, maybe a bit unproven but so was Dele Alli. If anyone can get the best out of someone unproven its Poch.

Levy and Co were wrong though to not have a plan B.

... and C and D and E and...

One could argue however that son and N'jie were plan b however. We went in for a lot of forwards over the summer and when we first failed for Berahino we bought son.

While I agree neither son or N'jie are ready to lead the line for us, I also feel that berahino doesn't offer the quality to lead our line yet either.

Argue your point or don't argue at all. But the thing is, you know you're wrong. The price is very relevant. If we buy berahino for 25Mil instead of 10Mil he will expect the wages of a 25 million pound player, which he isn't.

Then when his attitude flops, which it will, we won't be able to shift him, just like adebayor.

As for your "I support football clubs not balance sheets" bullshit. If that was the case you would want the club to invest their limited resources wisely. Not spunk it all on a talentless cunt.

As for your name me a better player for less than 25 million. Sure. There is Lacazette straight off the fucking bat. 10 times the player who was available for 25 million in the summer.

Want another one? Rondon. 12 million. Ayoze perez is better, he would cost at best 20 million.

Your problem isn't that you support a club and not a balance sheet, it's that you're too fucking dumb to understand how business and money works.
Lacazette wasn't available for 25m, Rondon has been bang average this season, Perez is on par with Berahino. Don't be such a biased cunt, you can't deny Berahino's talent. He's a good player, a very good finisher and english as well. He's being mismanaged in Pulis' extremely defensive side, who knows what he can when given a bit of freedom and creative players around him? He's still our best option and most realistic option in January

One could argue however that son and N'jie were plan b however. We went in for a lot of forwards over the summer and when we first failed for Berahino we bought son.

While I agree neither son or N'jie are ready to lead the line for us, I also feel that berahino doesn't offer the quality to lead our line yet either.
We didn't fail with Berahino and then bring in Son. We tried for Berahino until the very last minute, Peace blocked the transfer

I thought berahino was our plan b or c after martial.
I think it starts to get a bit shit if you're going after your 5th preference - I think its better to find another solution and save the cash.
Yes. Son, N'Jie and Berahino were all on the same list, along with Martial, Ings, Werner and probably the tooth fairy.

We wanted forwards who could either play wide or central, and who had plenty of pace. If we get another forward in January, I think it will be someone fitting that same profile. Who that would be depends entirely on stuff we don't know about.

We didn't fail with Berahino and then bring in Son. We tried for Berahino until the very last minute, Peace blocked the transfer

Yes we did fail with berahino and bring in son. Just because we kept going for a player doesn't mean we didn't look at other options while he was going.

Lacazette was available for 25million and all the shit you just said about berahino also applies to rondon. As for your "given more freedom" bullshit, you don't know that berahino would do jack shit for us. I don't rate him, Especially not at 25 and neither do most people in the world. I've already said I'd be fine paying 10-15 million for him. But he is a bang average player, who's already shown his attitude and discipline issues, being bigged up by the English hype machine just like townsend was 2 Years ago.

We should be knocking on QPR's door for Austin. Fits the bill perfectly as a Kane style of player should he get injured / tired etc. Half the price of most other viable options too

Yes we did fail with berahino and bring in son. Just because we kept going for a player doesn't mean we didn't look at other options while he was going.

Lacazette was available for 25million and all the shit you just said about berahino also applies to rondon. As for your "given more freedom" bullshit, you don't know that berahino would do jack shit for us. I don't rate him, Especially not at 25 and neither do most people in the world. I've already said I'd be fine paying 10-15 million for him. But he is a bang average player, who's already shown his attitude and discipline issues, being bigged up by the English hype machine just like townsend was 2 Years ago.

Are you serious?

Alexandre Lacazette was available for 25million? That's just one of many inaccuracies.

LOL.

But he didn't end up going. So how was he available for that price? He didn't leave, presumably because 21m was not enough for Lyon.

We agreed a deal for Willian. Why is it he is a Chelsea player?

Agreeing a fee is only one part of a deal and all manners of things happen behind the scenes. Maybe Lacazette Googled Liverpool and saw how big a shithole it is? Maybe they didn't love his wage demands? Maybe the club convinced him to stay one more season after all? I mean, it's not like we convinced modric and bale to stay one more season.

I love how with hindsight we spent 16 million on bent and he was a terrible player for us, and now fans are calling for us to sign berahino for 25 when odds are he could very well be less successful for us than Darren bent.

It is good to see that people don't understand the value of money when it isn't their own.

We agreed a deal for Willian. Why is it he is a Chelsea player?

Agreeing a fee is only one part of a deal and all manners of things happen behind the scenes. Maybe Lacazette Googled Liverpool and saw how big a shithole it is? Maybe they didn't love his wage demands? Maybe the club convinced him to stay one more season after all? I mean, it's not like we convinced modric and bale to stay one more season.
Bit different because Willian got transferred somewhere, meaning he was available.

So maybe we didn't love his wage demands. If Lyon convinced him to stay, then he was not available to us. I doubt that he was available for 21m. If he was, then we, along with numerous other clubs would have made very serious plays for him

As the article finishes up saying 'if £21 million Lacazette is available, they must try to sign him.' The article in turn quotes from a Telegraph article saying 'according to reports' and leaves it there. He is good enough to start for most top teams out there I think and would have been poached very quickly, if he was truly available for that fee.

Bit different because Willian got transferred somewhere, meaning he was available.

So maybe we didn't love his wage demands. If Lyon convinced him to stay, then he was not available to us. I doubt that he was available for 21m. If he was, then we, along with numerous other clubs would have made very serious plays for him

As the article finishes up saying 'if £21 million Lacazette is available, they must try to sign him.' The article in turn quotes from a Telegraph article saying 'according to reports' and leaves it there. He is good enough to start for most top teams out there I think and would have been poached very quickly, if he was truly available for that fee.

The fee for benzema was around about 25 in pounds, it was 35 million euros. I don't see any reason they would value Lacazette so much higher really.

And none of this really helps the argument that we should have paid 25 for Berahino. Because the fact is, it's a huge fee for a player who isn't all too great.

The fee for benzema was around about 25 in pounds, it was 35 million euros. I don't see any reason they would value Lacazette so much higher really.

And none of this really helps the argument that we should have paid 25 for Berahino. Because the fact is, it's a huge fee for a player who isn't all too great.
Transfer market has changed a fair bit since then though.

No, completely agree. Don't think that he's not worth near that. Has potential certainly, but not worth that.

Transfer market has changed a fair bit since then though.

No, completely agree. Don't think that he's not worth near that. Has potential certainly, but not worth that.

I don't believe the market has changed that much really. The French league doesn't have nearly as much money as we do so we can buy good players from there for relatively cheap still. The biggest argument I would make is Son cost 22 Million. He's a more proven player than Berahino, a better player than Berahino and probably still has a fair bit to learn which will make him a better player. Calling for us to spend 3 million more on a player who will be Kane and Son's backup is silly because his price will make him feel that players like Son deserve to be on the bench instead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom