January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloris
Vorm

Walker
Trippier
Rose
Davies
Alderwiereld
Vertonghen
Wimmer

Dier
Alli
Dembele
Eriksen
Mason
Bentaleb
Lamela
Son
Chadli
Onomah
Pritchard

Kane
Clinton
Embolo

I'd be happy with that as a squad. Probably one of the best we've had in a long while.

Sell on Fazio and Townsend.

I'm excited to see Odowa come back as well. The spell at Rangers has really helped him.

I'd be happy with it too. Though I'd be happier with another CB as well. Would hate to have to move Dier out of DCM unless it's absolutely necessary. Chances are that we won't get two injuries out of Jan, Toby and Wimmer, but you never know, plus although what little we've seen of Wimmer has been good, you just never know if he chokes if and when tossed in at the deep end. If Jan or Toby is out for an extended period, it'd be great to have an alternative to Wimmer.

andros townsend ‏@andros_townsend 34 sek.34 sekunder siden
andros townsend retweetede

Errrrrm? I can't remember ever having a Twitter bio and That pic has been up since March! Nice detective work tho
1f64c.png
1f3fb.png

Given the recent inclusions of CCV in the squad, I wonder if Pochettino is starting to consider him ready to play, and if he might be trained up to partner Wimmer long-term? If he does, then that solves our CB issues ( just sell Fazio in January), and we can then focus on a back-up holding midfielder and one extra forward.

Apart from a back up striker, do we need anyone in January? We seem pretty well covered across the pitch; I saw that we're linked with Axel Witsel. He looks like a beast but with Alli, Dembele and Dier more than able at CDM is there a need? I don't know.

Would be nice to see Fazio and Townsend shipped off and an extra £10-15m on top of their fees invested in a striker. I'm going to fully shit my pants if Kane picks up an injury so it'd be nice to have someone to fill his boots in that scenario.

Although with that being said, if Bale was to turn around and realise that Spurs is where his heart is then I'd take him with open arms. Imagine our current team with Bale. That would definitely sort out my erectile disfunction. The transfer fee would be an issue, mind.

The stadium build puts us in a bind though. Honestly, Lloris is too good for us, and Eriksen seems to be the type of player who has carefully crafted his career, no doubt he loves us, but I feel when he feels like his a level above, he will push for a move.

Hugo is good, very good but like the rest of the squad appears happy and settled so I don't think he or anyone else wants to leave!

On the contrary I would imagine a lot of players are now looking at us with what we have and what we can achieve in a positive light and would want to become part of it whether we achieve top four or not!
(That seems a bit garbled even for me but you know what I mean!)

:ap:

Last edited:
Hugo is good, very good but like the rest of the squad appears happy and settled so I don't think he or anyone else wants to leave!

On the contrary I would imagine a lot of players are now looking at us with what we have and what we can achieve in a positive light and would want to become part of it whether we achieve top four or not!

double wicket maiden!! :ap:

Interesting game tonight in Ligue 1 Angers vs PSG (18.00GMT).
Rabiot is still unsettled and has again asked (October) to be loaned out in the coming transfer window.
He's been getting game time but when Pastore and Verratti return from injury he may be bench warming again.
Secondly Angers, recently arrived from Ligue 2 and currently in 3rd, play a very aggressive press.

Interesting game tonight in Ligue 1 Angers vs PSG (18.00GMT).
Rabiot is still unsettled and has again asked (October) to be loaned out in the coming transfer window.
He's been getting game time but when Pastore and Verratti return from injury he may be bench warming again.
Secondly Angers, recently arrived from Ligue 2 and currently in 3rd, play a very aggressive press.
Kept the most cleansheets in Europe too, Angers. They looked impressive defensively today.

I don't know, if we're quite there yet in terms of the players truly capable of taking us to the next level wanting to join us. But in the terms of getting the next Alli to join us over our rivals, we're way, way ahead of the curve. It baffles me why any youngster would gamble their career by joining the chavs (just to mention the worst). The media attention around how many players they have loaned out and more recently how they've got a group on some app to keep in touch....compared to the feel-good stories about Kane and Alli. I can only think of money being the reason for a promising youngster joining that lot over us (especially now we've got a new training facility) and we wouldn't want a young player thinking money over career (and the longterm money coming with it to be fair) anyway.

We've probably taken over the mantle of being the place to go for youngster wanting a chance in the team and prospering from Wenger and his jolly fellow cunts. How can that not please us no end :pochohshit:

I don't know, if we're quite there yet in terms of the players truly capable of taking us to the next level wanting to join us. But in the terms of getting the next Alli to join us over our rivals, we're way, way ahead of the curve. It baffles me why any youngster would gamble their career by joining the chavs (just to mention the worst). The media attention around how many players they have loaned out and more recently how they've got a group on some app to keep in touch....compared to the feel-good stories about Kane and Alli. I can only think of money being the reason for a promising youngster joining that lot over us (especially now we've got a new training facility) and we wouldn't want a young player thinking money over career (and the longterm money coming with it to be fair) anyway.

We've probably taken over the mantle of being the place to go for youngster wanting a chance in the team and prospering from Wenger and his jolly fellow cunts. How can that not please us no end :pochohshit:
Son was quite a coup for us. He could have enhanced just about every single team in the Premier League.

Lel, wenger did it in the 2000s. Ofc he's going to claim credit for Fabregas, Ramsey and Bellarin for example. The one which the cunt didn't developed but rather bought, but still takes credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom