January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because footballers need to be intelligent?

They don't, but they can't be at a Paris Hilton level either. Differs slighty from manager to manager, I would think. Probably easier to play for the manager, we're up against Saturday, than playing for Poch. Making splitsecond decisions on how to best close down an opponent, whether to run deep or come short etc. is not just instinct.

poch's ideal film character for his team isnt the brightest..... forrest gump. because he just felt like running. his running stats are off the chart.

They don't, but they can't be at a Paris Hilton level either. Differs slighty from manager to manager, I would think. Probably easier to play for the manager, we're up against Saturday, than playing for Poch. Making splitsecond decisions on how to best close down an opponent, whether to run deep or come short etc. is not just instinct.
I think for the best footballers it is. Football intelligence is nothing like what most of us would call intelligence.

Lel, wenger did it in the 2000s. Ofc he's going to claim credit for Fabregas, Ramsey and Bellarin for example. The one which the cunt didn't developed but rather bought, but still takes credit for.
Well, whenever there's some sort of positive press about Spurs' academy the West Ham supporters start going on about the likes of Ferdinand, Lampard, Joe Cole, Carrick, et al and how that means they've got the best academy in England. That's a good record to be sure, but 15 years late now, every one of them is now approaching retirement, and their academy has put out fuck all of a decent quality among developing and peak age professionals playing at a high level.

Against my better judgement to start another thread, the summer window should close before the season starts, so the teams can gel, and there shouldn't be a January window.

Against my better judgement to start another thread, the summer window should close before the season starts, so the teams can gel, and there shouldn't be a January window.
I think the January window is needed in case a team gets extremely unlucky with injuries, but I agree entirely about the summer window closing.

Thinking about it, it does seem wrong that a player can play for two different clubs in the same season, so yeah, scrap the January window.

To what teams do you see a potential exodus? Because I see this Spurs team, and what Poch is building, to be very special. Certainly the mood here is very positive indeed. Maybe harder for you to gauge being outside of the U.K.?

I don't mean that disrespectfully btw.

All good Joe, no disrespect felt.
I'm not doubting the mood, but one just has to look at Southampton to see what happens when players start to click; the hawks start circling.
Now, I'm not saying we aren't in a better position to keep hold of our players than them, we are, but with the stadium move in the works, if levy gets a big enough offer, and the player wants to go, I suspect he will pull the trigger.
I don't expect big sales this or even next window, but it's only logical to me that at some point players will have to be sold, particularly since regularly getting top 4, will be very very difficult.
The new TV money will help, but I suspect wages in the next few years will go up accordingly.

All good Joe, no disrespect felt.
I'm not doubting the mood, but one just has to look at Southampton to see what happens when players start to click; the hawks start circling.
Now, I'm not saying we aren't in a better position to keep hold of our players than them, we are, but with the stadium move in the works, if levy gets a big enough offer, and the player wants to go, I suspect he will pull the trigger.
I don't expect big sales this or even next window, but it's only logical to me that at some point players will have to be sold, particularly since regularly getting top 4, will be very very difficult.
The new TV money will help, but I suspect wages in the next few years will go up accordingly.

I agree if the player wants to go it becomes very difficult, and based on Levy's past record I can see why you'd be concerned, but surely even he can see that if he keeps selling our best players the decline we've seen in the past 5 years (up till recently) will continue?

It's not just about getting the stadium built - it's filling it when it's finished - and for that to happen we need a successful team. Obviously I haven't got a clue what's going to happen, but to break up this team would be madness.

Also Southampton sold to other PL clubs. I can't see Levy doing that.

Son was quite a coup for us. He could have enhanced just about every single team in the Premier League.

I think the best is yet to come from Son.

A few of his flicks and backheels didn't quite come off against the Chavs but when they do in the area Harry will add to his tally!

:sonhmm:

Kept the most cleansheets in Europe too, Angers. They looked impressive defensively today.
I watched the game also Totti...Rabiot impressed me...got more involved and further forward as the game wore on...shame Angers can't pass...perhaps the
occasion got to some of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom