January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's clear to me.

We are in a good place but need cover and even stronger competition for places.

We also 100% need that player who on the biggest occasions makes the 'difference.'

I know we have Kane and the improving Son and Alli when at his best but that is where we are at.

As good as we are we need to find or develop that nugget.

I think we should try and sign players this window with a view to next season. I wanna see us win the league in our first season at the new stadium and we need to hit the ground running, which is harder to do if we're bedding in new signings. We need to start the bedding in now.

Yes I believe this was what Poch was talking about and not players to go straight in the team. Foyth is clearly not ready or he would have played more. Another young player to join the development team with a view to playing next season is the best we can hope for.

The only signing I'd really want to see right now is strong, mobile, ball-playing CM that can operate in attack if needed. Trouble is, signing such a player would make it awfully crowded on the CM depth-charts. I suppose part of the reason we haven't gone in for one is that Dembele's long-term health hasn't ruled him out playing another season or two.

Other than that, we are really well balanced now that everyone is back and healthy. Having Lamela back is like a new signing, and we'd be hard-pressed to sign anyone with more potential upside this window.

Long-term, though, priorities are LB/LWB/resolving the Rose situation, ball-playing CM, and potential new backup striker if Llorente is deemed not good enough for another season. I'm quietly optimistic that we will sign Sessegnon and sell Rose in the summer.

Honestly can't believe all the pouting over the Brazilian kid who's spent 23 months in France, never been called up to the full international team, and will cost £45M. No one knew who the fuck he was in the summer...I think, somehow, we'll survive. :pochfacepalm:

Honestly can't believe all the pouting over the Brazilian kid who's spent 23 months in France, never been called up to the full international team, and will cost £45M. No one knew who the fuck he was in the summer...I think, somehow, we'll survive. :pochfacepalm:
Not to mention we're all about the Argentinians it seems.

Where's their next wunderkid?

Ey?

What kind of reasoning is that? Ousmane Dembele spent 12 months in France, had never been called up to the full international team yet signed for Dortmund (instead of us) for a high fee as we decided against signing him (A spurs fan too).

What about Leroy Sane, who spent a similar time in the Bundesliga, had never been called up to the full international team, only to then go on and sign for Man City for £37,000,000 when we thought £20,000,000 was too much for him.

The people who have seen him. ( Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb ) have seen how talented he is. The tact that Woolwich still have the ability to sign talented players like this when they're not even in the Champions League and we need a player in that mould is frustrating to many.

Of course we'll survive - but when we're crying out for certain players and players that could help us push to the next level, why waste so much time?

Ey?

What kind of reasoning is that? Ousmane Dembele spent 12 months in France, had never been called up to the full international team yet signed for Dortmund (instead of us) for a high fee as we decided against signing him (A spurs fan too).

What about Leroy Sane, who spent a similar time in the Bundesliga, had never been called up to the full international team, only to then go on and sign for Man City for £37,000,000 when we thought £20,000,000 was too much for him.

The people who have seen him. ( Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb ) have seen how talented he is. The tact that Woolwich still have the ability to sign talented players like this when they're not even in the Champions League and we need a player in that mould is frustrating to many.

Of course we'll survive - but when we're crying out for certain players and players that could help us push to the next level, why waste so much time?
A younger and with more potential than lemar with half the price. Great business for them.

Back
Top Bottom