January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Swansea manager talks a lot. Boring the shite out of me!

Here you go pal, a special one just for you.

l_11267648.jpg

Too lazy for Poch. He’s like Lamela without the work ethic.

Zaha would be better, but he will cost £40-50m in this market, and it wouldn’t happen until the summer.

Maybe some loan action, signing some young guys, a new Toby contract. Only really shocker I could see is £10-15m for Barkley.

Do not know what anyone sees in zaha. Looks an average player at best to me.

Barkley has 6 months on his contract and he hasn't kicked a ball this season due to a ruptured hammy.

The only reason to offer even 10m pounds for him is to avoid Everton claiming 20 or 30 million at one of the ever inflationary transfer tribunals.

We need to add and hope we do in this window.

We have quality but need even more.

We are falling short in the big games and it is hurting us.

Only Liverpool and City would be above us if we had won the games against United, Woolwich and Chelsea, so it is clear.

Overcome that hurdle and I think that means additions and we are all but where we need to be.

Barkley has 6 months on his contract and he hasn't kicked a ball this season due to a ruptured hammy.

The only reason to offer even 10m pounds for him is to avoid Everton claiming 20 or 30 million at one of the ever inflationary transfer tribunals.
Pretty much yes. Also, they were going to get 25m in August, so bad logic dictates they wont go lower than 10m regardless of circumstances.

Do not know what anyone sees in zaha. Looks an average player at best to me.
He fills a need and is a proven PL player. When he is at his best he is quite good, and I think Poch could get that out of him.

However, transfer prices and wages are a huge sticking point so its more likely there will be an under 23 that Poch targets instead.

I see little point if any in Barkley at this stage.

Sessegnon should be our first, second and third priority. Any kind of deal he wants, initial loan, whatever

Pretty much agree , would take Barkley on a free but he doesn't dramatically improve us so not overly excited by signing him , if he were to go to Chelsea this month on a 20m + fee i wouldn't lose any sleep over it doesn't really improve them either. Ssesegnon is a must.

As I say, wouldn’t be writing him off just yet. The injury that won’t go away is obviously a worry, but Dembele is a fucking God on the pitch. Just wish they’d sort it out for him
He's almost in the Ledley king bracket for me, if he could stay fit and be able to shoot without hurting himself he would be one of the best in the world

Back
Top Bottom