January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To me, Barkley is a no no based on current injury and less than average firm throughout his career....has he ever been a hell yes we must get him (from any club)? If so, why is he still at small club like Everton (disrespect intended lol).
Sessegnon is a definite yes and for me so is Zaha...look what he did at man city....yes I know KW (cough) muscled him off the ball a few times but Zaha was a thorn in their side all day, won a pen and they should have won the game. Do we have that option currently? He looks like a nightmare to play against and may be finding some form?

Ps would we take Sanchez from Woolwich? I know wages etc but hypothetically would you want him?

Lol.

We fucking hate them here. This isn't Spurs Community where you get banned for criticizing the ITK. None of them know much of anything whatsoever. A couple have gotten an isolated piece of information right that they've lived off of for years. If you take any of what they say seriously then you're a fool.

Read those posts again and they're not predicting or calling anything. It's a lot of bullshit piled on for them to say "I was right" if we sign anybody, or nobody at all.

Thanks Virginia.... Are they workers at the club or mates of mates of mates? No credibility at all?

To me, Barkley is a no no based on current injury and less than average firm throughout his career....has he ever been a hell yes we must get him (from any club)? If so, why is he still at small club like Everton (disrespect intended lol).
Sessegnon is a definite yes and for me so is Zaha...look what he did at man city....yes I know KW (cough) muscled him off the ball a few times but Zaha was a thorn in their side all day, won a pen and they should have won the game. Do we have that option currently? He looks like a nightmare to play against and may be finding some form?

Ps would we take Sanchez from Woolwich? I know wages etc but hypothetically would you want him?
If this is the general view amongst Everton fans then I don't want him

We could add some central midfield depth with Steven Nzonzi. Out of the team at Sevilla and touted to go to Everton. Don’t think he’d cost much and could be on very achievable wages. He is 29 though, so hardly our usual purchase, but we could get a few good years out of him as a squad player.

Thanks Virginia.... Are they workers at the club or mates of mates of mates? No credibility at all?
Let me put it this way. Back during Redknapp's era one of the most prolific ITKs claimed that his connection with the club was that his father sold Redknapp a fridge and they became mates. That's strangely more credible than most of the current ITK.

Not sure if that is totally true, story in the summer was he wanted to come to us but only Chelsea bid as we where waiting till Jan to get a cut price.
I thought it was an unreal transfer valuation circa £50 million that Everton wouldn't drop. That pissed us and him off and having done what so many others have done, been totally sold on Poch, he set his heart on coming to us and got infuriated with Everton and had no interest in Chavski.

For those saying we won't spend big. Does the crunch come if Madrid decide this window they don't want Bale anymore? If there is not long left before the window ends and Madrid put him up for sale, Man Ure offer £60 million or whatever and Levy is forced into a quick decision would he sanction the deal?

One of those The Chase moments where the chaser has hit the button and you don't know what to do, but need to take the plunge before time runs out. Daniel Levy and Anne Hegarty would be a cracking "who blinks first"

For those saying we won't spend big. Does the crunch come if Madrid decide this window they don't want Bale anymore? If there is not long left before the window ends and Madrid put him up for sale, Man Ure offer £60 million or whatever and Levy is forced into a quick decision would he sanction the deal?

One of those The Chase moments where the chaser has hit the button and you don't know what to do, but need to take the plunge before time runs out. Daniel Levy and Anne Hegarty would be a cracking "who blinks first"

No. There's no prerequisite that we must sign Bale regardless of whether we can afford it.

Back
Top Bottom