January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mahrez would be a dream signing.
y6gpp_s-200x150.gif

We can do better

I’m just gonna leave this here...

I thought he already had his heart set on The Emirates>>>

Either way, he's no upgrade on Eriksen or Son (at the moment) so if he's happy to come of the bench, then i'd welcome him with open arms...
but I think he has an air of the snidey cunt of a William about him... so even if we've done his medical and agreed a fee... i'd expect him to turn up on his Twatfacetergram page holding a red and white scarf aloft at the very last minute!!

And there's more, you really couldn't make thus shit up. More fucking angles covered than a decagon.

I have highlighted the comedy gold elements.

Who: Hercules
When: 02/01/18
Where: SC

Want to add, something I just realised I did not put in my post. I am sure, and believe that is where Poch is going with ‘get deals agreed quick...’

We WILL be spending big, not in the regions of Citeh and Chavs. We have eyes on some key big targets if they can be done. Again, whilst I 99.99% do not believe this one will happen, RM are talking to us about Bale, and Modric wants to come back. I highly doubt either will happen, but more RM pushing, especially Bale.

We want to make a statement to ALL on moving into our stadium, along with sponsors etc. And on that note, we are pretty covered with big parties tendering their offers, along with a certain shirt sponsor. NFL especially is prepared to throw money at us, beyond 2 games, which in turn has got US sponsors falling over themselves. Asian market wants to join sponsorships as well.

Poch wants to be on par with Scousers in the forward alternative department, and a priority of his. I personally doubt Toby will be sold in summer, unless a crazy bid from a certain popular club is received. If-big if! He is sold, we will bring someone in from overseas, as UK market has inflated market for average players, much less ones we would want, like Mawson.

Please folks, stop using with no knowledge our financial restrictions, due to new stadium. COYS
Hercules is so full of shit I remember him latching onto any fucking rumour he could last summer. If you had listened to him we'd have a 50 player squad right now

If this is the general view amongst Everton fans then I don't want him

He's been treated pretty poorly by Everton fans the past couple of seasons, booed at the stadium etc.. His career has also stalled, sometimes you've got to put that affinity for your club aside and look at it rationally. Barkley probably sees what Poch has done with Dele, Tripps, Rose, Kane etc etc and would like to be the next

If this is the general view amongst Everton fans then I don't want him

Also Everton fans responding to that who agree with him.

It's the club's fault for
- Koeman being a cunt
- Not keeping tabs on Barkley's contract
- Asking for too high a price from us in the summer when he only had a year left and was injured

We're do we lack depth then
Central defence for one. We want to play with 3 at the back but with our leading defender out injured we either have to pull Dier into defence (putting strain on the central midfield) or go down to a 4 back line.

We could also buff up our central midfield with a new ball carrying midfielder since Dembéle is getting old.

Also one or two creative forces to push Eriksen, Lamela and Dele to perform. And a dynamic forward that can fill in for Kane but also play out wide to still get playing time.

Central defence for one. We want to play with 3 at the back but with our leading defender out injured we either have to pull Dier into defence (putting strain on the central midfield) or go down to a 4 back line.

We could also buff up our central midfield with a new ball carrying midfielder since Dembéle is getting old.

Also one or two creative forces to push Eriksen, Lamela and Dele to perform. And a dynamic forward that can fill in for Kane but also play out wide to still get playing time.
Only point I agree with is the central midfield

This is an interesting turn of events...

Says Barkley was in London, although we are one of the ‘biggest’ clubs in the country, Allardyce messing with the media. At least we now know £15m is the asking price.

This is an interesting turn of events...

Says Barkley was in London, although we are one of the ‘biggest’ clubs in the country, Allardyce messing with the media. At least we now know £15m is the asking price.

Surely he has no starting place at Chelsea ? They already have Drinkwater and others. If he ends up at Chelsea it will prove him to be a money grabbing cunt

We could add some central midfield depth with Steven Nzonzi. Out of the team at Sevilla and touted to go to Everton. Don’t think he’d cost much and could be on very achievable wages. He is 29 though, so hardly our usual purchase, but we could get a few good years out of him as a squad player.
Fuck me, Steven N'Zonzi? Seriously? Have you just moonwalked out of the future of 2006 or something?

N'Zonzi and Sissoko on the same pitch... I can see it now... scenes.

Back
Top Bottom