January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From our dear friends at the Country club:
Who: Trix
When: 01/01/18
Where: SC

Good morning and a happy new year to all.

We are not actively looking to move anyone(first team regulars) on this window. It's widely known that a couple of players are not fully content with life at Spurs for one reason or another, that said they are all very much still pulling in the same direction as things stand. That is why barring what we consider to be vastly OTT offers allowing us to overall squad strengthen, nothing at all will be entertained. If that should happen and we do sell, we will buy!

As far as incomings are concerned, I'm still hearing Barkley is not likely to happen(for reasons I have already posted) although we are still keen on him as a player. CP not willing to let Zaha go now so would take one of those OTT bids mentioned earlier to get them talking(not likely unless someone goes). Richarliason is another we have been watching very closely, but he is splitting opinion somewhat, and we'd like to see a bit more of him before throwing our eggs into this basket. Of our "made public" targets the one I could see happening this window one way or another is Sess. We have courted him now for two years, and he is keen, but he knows/we know/his dad knows that him playing games for Fulham has been far more beneficial to the lad than moving to us at a previous time. Think this could well be a Dele type deal with him coming in the Summer personally. Anyone hoping for an out of the blue ready-made superstar coming from the continent to propel us to new heights is going to be very disappointed.

So, all in all, we want players in but we won't be buying just to get our numbers up barring injury or stupid offers for players that are not seen as "long-term must keeps" it will be quiet. That doesn't mean though we won't be trying, it just means it is unlikely because January is very difficult. We have a list of players we think could improve us but just because they are not available now, it doesn't mean we will get someone that is, just to bulk the squad. We will wait!!

Oh I also asked about loanee's returning and he said as far as he was aware, we had no plans to recall anyone.

:dembelelol:

And there's more, you really couldn't make thus shit up. More fucking angles covered than a decagon.

I have highlighted the comedy gold elements.

Who: Hercules
When: 02/01/18

Want to add, something I just realised I did not put in my post. I am sure, and believe that is where Poch is going with ‘get deals agreed quick...’

We WILL be spending big, not in the regions of Citeh and Chavs. We have eyes on some key big targets if they can be done. Again, whilst I 99.99% do not believe this one will happen, RM are talking to us about Bale, and Modric wants to come back. I highly doubt either will happen, but more RM pushing, especially Bale.

We want to make a statement to ALL on moving into our stadium, along with sponsors etc. And on that note, we are pretty covered with big parties tendering their offers, along with a certain shirt sponsor. NFL especially is prepared to throw money at us, beyond 2 games, which in turn has got US sponsors falling over themselves. Asian market wants to join sponsorships as well.

Poch wants to be on par with Scousers in the forward alternative department, and a priority of his. I personally doubt Toby will be sold in summer, unless a crazy bid from a certain popular club is received. If-big if! He is sold, we will bring someone in from overseas, as UK market has inflated market for average players, much less ones we would want, like Mawson.

Please folks, stop using with no knowledge our financial restrictions, due to new stadium. COYS

And there's more, you really couldn't make thus shit up. More fucking angles covered than a decagon.

Want to add, something I just realised I did not put in my post. I am sure, and believe that is where Poch is going with ‘get deals agreed quick...’

We WILL be spending big, not in the regions of Citeh and Chavs. We have eyes on some key big targets if they can be done. Again, whilst I 99.99% do not believe this one will happen, RM are talking to us about Bale, and Modric wants to come back. I highly doubt either will happen, but more RM pushing, especially Bale.

We want to make a statement to ALL on moving into our stadium, along with sponsors etc. And on that note, we are pretty covered with big parties tendering their offers, along with a certain shirt sponsor. NFL especially is prepared to throw money at us, beyond 2 games, which in turn has got US sponsors falling over themselves. Asian market wants to join sponsorships as well.

Poch wants to be on par with Scousers in the forward alternative department, and a priority of his. I personally doubt Toby will be sold in summer, unless a crazy bid from a certain popular club is received. If-big if! He is sold, we will bring someone in from overseas, as UK market has inflated market for average players, much less ones we would want, like Mawson.

Please folks, stop using with no knowledge our financial restrictions, due to new stadium. COYS
I thought you said you couldn’t make it up :dembelewtf:

Man City tops football financial power list
Levy wont like this analysis.
Interesting read for those out there who think we simply cannot compete, financially, with our rivals
That's a weird model though. It isn't wrong, but in ranking Woolwich second - due to sound financial footing and potential ownership investment - they seem to have never read anything about Stan Kroenke whatsoever. He invests pitifully in his sports teams. He is considered the absolute worst sports franchise owner in the United States.

Think you'll find we'd have to gut the current squad, sell on the new stadium and be co-tenants with WH for your interpretation of that article to become reality.

This.

Its a table of clubs with the best economic growth potential. Rated on a number of factors, including:

Potential owner investment.
Value of clubs' players, their fixed assets such as stadiums and training grounds,
Money in the bank
Net Debt

We are up there because of our assets and our minimal debt (relatively), and its why we are ahead of Utd (fuck loads of debt) and Chelsea (fuck loads of debt and still yet to start on new stadium)

Its says all of that in the BBC article!

If you want a much more in depth article on why Man City are heads and shoulders above everyone with the their potential to grow look here:

Manchester City’s plan for global domination

Think you'll find we'd have to gut the current squad, sell on the new stadium and be co-tenants with WH for your interpretation of that article to become reality.
No. Its taking into account the whole picture and looking at the clubs potential to invest. It clearly shows we have the ability to compete at the top end in transfers and wages. If we choose to.
Clear as day. Black and White.
But because it flys in the face of everything youve been arguing asgainst you question its plausibility. So predictable.
Sometimes, mate, its just better to hold your hand up and admit you were wrong. No shame in that

We are up there because of our assets and our minimal debt (relatively), and its why we are ahead of Utd (fuck loads of debt) and Chelsea (fuck loads of debt and still yet to start on new stadium)
Sorry, but United's fuck loads of debt amounts to fuck all with respect to their turnover. Chelsea's debt is a legitimate concern, but United's barely even figures.

That's a weird model though. It isn't wrong, but in ranking Woolwich second - due to sound financial footing and potential ownership investment - they seem to have never read anything about Stan Kroenke whatsoever. He invests pitifully in his sports teams. He is considered the absolute worst sports franchise owner in the United States.

I would say its more to do with the fact that they own their stadium and have next to no debt.

"Owner Potential Investment is a Soccerex index created to define the potential to be invested in a football club by the owner or ownership group. For the purposes of the report, a starting percentage was used based on research and evaluation of the owner investment to date, with further weighting applied based on analysis of macro & microeconomic factors such as ownership structure, national league restrictions and other regulations such as financial fair play."

Saying that they also have their squad rated at a higher value than ours??!

Full report is here: http://mysoccerex.com/Soccerex_Football_Finance_100_2018.pdf

Table of the top ten with figures:

5GumTv.jpg

No. Its taking into account the whole picture and looking at the clubs potential to invest. It clearly shows we have the ability to compete at the top end in transfers and wages. If we choose to.
But because it flys in the face of everything youve been arguing asgainst you question its plausibility. So predictable.
Sometimes, mate, its just better to hold your hand up and admit you were wrong. No shame in that

You clearly think the analysis states we have money in the bank. It is more about the complete assests and investment potential that we as a club have. The stadium, the playing squad, training centre and marketability all used to calculate our worth. It still does not mean we can go out and making regular £50m purchases along with the added wages that intails.

I knew you'd be all over this like a rash

Textbook JT denial & agenda driven piffle.

Hope you got someone else guarding your (family) finances.

Did you read the actual report? I don't think you did? I think you probably should have before you started wading in with comments about admitting you're wrong and questioning plausibility?

The point of the study isnt just looking at ability to compete currently (although you can draw conclusions if you wish) it's looking at potential for growth.

"This financial evaluation individually analyses the construction of the assets of each club, its economic power for future investments and its net debts."

We are rated second lowest in the top ten for potential owner investment, discounting clubs that are fan / member owned.

We are rated highly because of player and fixed assets and relatively minimal debt. We have cash in the bank but we are also financing the biggest building project in europe at the moment, that has ballooned to four times the original predicted cost.

So short of selling players / selling the training ground to fund transfers i'm not sure what you're getting at?

Perhaps we should go back in time and not start building the stadium that we were never gonna build anway?

Last edited:
You clearly think the analysis states we have money in the bank. It is more about the complete assests and investment potential that we as a club have. The stadium, the playing squad, training centre and marketability all used to calculate our worth. It still does not mean we can go out and making regular £50m purchases along with the added wages that intails.
It works kind of like how you owning a car or a house counts towards your own personal value/wealth.

If you own a 120 000 house and a 15 000 car that does not mean you have 135 000 in the bank. But both count towards your personal wealth and value

No, no, no, no. Potential Investment is only one category. It's not the whole picture. By their own measures, we rate pretty low among the lot for Potential Investment.

I would also add that the reason we are rated so highly in this report is down to the shrewd financial steering of the ship by a regime that you chose to lambaste at every given opportunity.

So basically you're attempting to use a report that proves how far we have come under Levy and co as a way of criticising his running of the club.

Sometimes, mate, its just better to hold your hand up and admit you were wrong. No shame in that.

mmqb-tottenham-stadium.jpg

Can someone fill me in on these sources? As a noob I'm not sure of the veracity of these statements. Many apologies if I offended the sources but would love to know more about them.

Can someone fill me in on these sources? As a noob I'm not sure of the veracity of these statements. Many apologies if I offended the sources but would love to know more about them.
Lol.

We fucking hate them here. This isn't Spurs Community where you get banned for criticizing the ITK. None of them know much of anything whatsoever. A couple have gotten an isolated piece of information right that they've lived off of for years. If you take any of what they say seriously then you're a fool.

Read those posts again and they're not predicting or calling anything. It's a lot of bullshit piled on for them to say "I was right" if we sign anybody, or nobody at all.

Back
Top Bottom